Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Hi guys, just wanted to get some input from GP experts. I purchased a PAPS v3 and the thing is just amazing. Now that I've become familiar with GP products, I'm tempted to also get the Paps X (even though I don't have budget for it :)). I was just wondering if someone with the PAPS v3 and X could do a little comparison. Based on the vapourart site, I understand the aesthetic differences but was hoping to get some input about everyday practical use (i.e. the switch, getting extension tubes vs. the single tubes for the PAPS, etc.) and whether I should just go for another PAPS or if the differences are big enough to go for the more expensive X. Thanks in advance.

I have both and love them but they are completely different. The X gives you all the extensions you need for all configurations including a kick. The switch is different and is still very good (one of the best) with a Silver plated contact. The X is also a 23mm mod and is heavier, a beast of a mod (in a good way).

People who choose one over the other is because either the diameter, they want a one piece tube instead of extensions or price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have both and love them but they are completely different. The X gives you all the extensions you need for all configurations including a kick. The switch is different and is still very good (one of the best) with a Silver plated contact. The X is also a 23mm mod and is heavier, a beast of a mod (in a good way).

People who choose one over the other is because either the diameter, they want a one piece tube instead of extensions or price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks that's helpful. I'm guessing they both perform about the same, which would be extremely well or have you noticed better performance from one versus the other. Thanks again.

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
I apologise if this has been discussed before as I haven't read through all the posts......

I have just acquired a Heron and an 18,650 paps v3 tube from the latest batch. It's my understanding that all I need to complete a hybrid device is the v3 switch to go on the end of the tube. Coming from a Kayfun/Provari this is my first foray into hybrid territory so I'm a little hazy on the in's and out's of it. am I correct in this assumption? and if so, is there any info available on when a v3 swich will be available?

If it's a while, perhaps I'll grab a cheap mod with M20x1 threading to get up and running with the Heron.....any suggestions on a cost effective mod that will fill the gap prior to getting my hands on a v3 switch?

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
I apologise if this has been discussed before as I haven't read through all the posts......

I have just acquired a Heron and an 18,650 paps v3 tube from the latest batch. It's my understanding that all I need to complete a hybrid device is the v3 switch to go on the end of the tube. Coming from a Kayfun/Provari this is my first foray into hybrid territory so I'm a little hazy on the in's and out's of it. am I correct in this assumption? and if so, is there any info available on when a v3 swich will be available?

If it's a while, perhaps I'll grab a cheap mod with M20x1 threading to get up and running with the Heron.....any suggestions on a cost effective mod that will fill the gap prior to getting my hands on a v3 switch?

That is correct. All you need is the V3 switch which will not be available until early next month. Maaaaybe end of this month.

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
That is correct. All you need is the V3 switch which will not be available until early next month. Maaaaybe end of this month.

Thanks, not tooo long then. Any suggestions on a stop-gap mod that won't wreck the bank balance with M20x1 threading?. It will be tough not being able to use my Heron whilst I wait for a switch if I don't grab one.....only other mod I've got at the mo is a Provari

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Thanks, not tooo long then. Any suggestions on a stop-gap mod that won't wreck the bank balance with M20x1 threading?. It will be tough not being able to use my Heron whilst I wait for a switch if I don't grab one.....only other mod I've got at the mo is a Provari

Sorry, don't know of any cheap 201 devices. They are all at least $150 and up.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
A Night Job
~a 'must do' routine, at least once a month

10msrpw.jpg

1. Soap water bath
2. Scrubbed with an old toothbrush
3. Polished twice
4. Washed & dried again before assembly

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Any advice for smoothing out thread burrs? The upper thread on my v2.5 (July 2013 batch) top cap is especially rough, in addition to some tube threads.

Here are some ....ty pictures for reference - Paps v2.5 Burrs - Imgur

Please, send an email to info@vapourart.com with your order number and on Monday we shall respond to you.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
thanks for the reply sir, my usual build are 0.2 but I specially build my coil now around 0.5 for my paps x and v3, just don't want to break my gpin :)

OK. Just please remember that Perseas does not recommend sub-ohming with the GPin, so doing so is at your own risk. Since writing that last response, I have gone away from sub-ohming in favor of 1.0-1.2 Ohms builds in my fluff attys (Heron, Spheroid, Prometey)....I don't drip like I used to and when I do, it's lately been around .8 Ohms or more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread