GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello to all the people here in ECF :)
We are a team of modders, the PAPS TEAM and would like to present you a little from our history in modding as for example the smallest and thinnest mod you have ever seen for 14500 battery:
the GP PICCOLO v1 & v2 first designed on March 2012 and discontinued on July 2012.

piccolo |ˈpikəˌlō| noun
a small flute sounding an octave higher than the ordinary one.

Its length is 71mm and its diameter is 16mm.

It is SS and its small size and the thin tube helps the mod's conductivity and it is very comfortable.
The inner diameter of the tube is 14.40mm till the 4 air holes, then it becomes 14.80mm to give sufficient space for the movement of gases in case of a short from the positive pole. The poles have brass connectors for better conductivity. The v1 & v2 had brass button too.
The button at the bottom of the tube is extremely convenient due to its just 0,5 mm travel which is extremely smooth. The same happens with the lock ring which can be locked-unlocked just with a flick of the finger!
The overall size of the GP PICCOLO makes the placement of the bottom button natural in contrast with longer mods where it becomes tiring.

All tests have been made using IMR 14500 batteries and we recommend only them for that mod. Of course, one can put protected batteries, but there is a huge difference between them and the IMR batteries in efficiency, safety and duration, so it is an obvious choice.
It works with one 14500 IMR battery for 2-2,5 hours of use, (depending of the resistance value of course) a little less from a 18350 AW IMR battery in the GP PAPS, the bigger brother of GP PICCOLO.

The positive pole is movable so it can accept any kind of atomizer whether it has a longer 510 threading connection like Line Genesis or a shorter one like A2 without leaving any gap. The pole can be regulated from both sides: screwing the spring by hand or from the upper side with a small screwdriver.

The size of an ego battery 650mAh, 900mAh and 1100mAh compared with GP PICOLLO:

GP PICCOLO with GP PICCOLO TANK upon a small screw.

Right now, we have almost finished the production of GP PICOLLO v3, which shall be available for sale through Vapour Art Store, (www.vapourart.com) before Christmas.

GP PICOLLO shall come in 2 formats, the Classic Piccolo (version 2.5) with a thin form factor, an initially limited batch for the lovers of the old series and the New Piccolo (version 3) for a better handling and a shape able to accept thicker atomisers and continue to be slick.

The New Piccolo and maybe the Classic Piccolo shall be available in brushed and polished for the body tubes, while the top cap and bottom switch shall be polished. The button has adjustable travel to suit every need, from a clear sense of push to an almost touch button.

I'll update that thread later with more photos, descriptions for our other creations like the GP PAPS mod, the GP Spheroid atomiser, updates for the existing and upcoming projects.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by a moderator:

ManuDawg

Vape Proud
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach Ca
Hello Perseas. I'm happy to see a thread dedicated to your beautiful Mods. I currently own a GP Spheroid and I am extremely pleased with it. I would like to purchase a Spheroid for my wife for Christmas. Is there a way I can get notification when they hit the site or should I just keep checking your site?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP Piccolo v3 & GP Spheroid v2 date and time of availability

NEW GP Piccolo version 3 & GP Spheroid version 2 will be ready for sale on 20-12-2012 at 11:00 pm GMT.

CLASSIC GP Piccolo version 2,5 is under assembly and inspection, so it may not be ready.

They shall be delivered with the usual ultra super fast way, in 1-4 days all over the world.

We have insured the quickest shipping in the vaping community, no matter where somebody might be located!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
busy8y8e.jpg
u4adybut.jpg
repedeju.jpg

GP Piccolo New (version 3) with GP Spheroid and Hellfire mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ooxol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Mexico
Yes, all GP Spheroids were sold out in 1,5 hour.
Οn 21 of December at 18:00 GMT another mini batch of GP Spheroid v2, GP Piccolo v3 shall be available.
DHL shipping dates for December 2012: 21, 27 & 28
DHL shipping dates for January 2013: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 etc
perseas im very afraid my friend in my order i dint typed in the state i all ready send you mail what can i do???

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Οn 28 of December 2012 at 16:00 GMT comes the last mini batch of GP Spheroid v2, New Piccolo & Classic Piccolo for 2012.
Shipping starts on 2 of January due to holidays.

There are 3 different springs on the switch (the 3rd one is attached on the post of the button, if one looks carefully at the photo) and no spring at all on the positive contact.
Therefore, GP NEW PICCOLO has the best conductivity, no rattle of the battery, no double pressing of the button and adjustable travel for the button
The button locks with just a simple turn and the mod stands upfront and unlocked with a Spheroid on it.

GP Piccolo consists of 13 parts without the battery.

If you keep it in your hand, you'll feel at once its grip, because its ridges don't serve any cosmetic reason, but it is an ergonomic design for better handling even by smaller hands. The angle and the length of the slopes have been tested to give the best handling experience for different somatotypes, males and females alike.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Updated instructions for the new batch of the Spheroid v2.
Considering the feedback of some users, we recommend the use of a t20 torx screw driver for the bell of the GP Spheroid v2.
Use a t20 torx screw driver not an allen key to open the bell, otherwise you may destroy the hole if the allen key is not positioned deep in the hole.

Last edited:

Nibiru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
London, England
Considering the feedback of some users, we recommend the use of a torque wrench for the bell of the GP Spheroid v2.
Use a torque wrench not an allen key to open the bell, otherwise you may destroy the hole if the allen key is not positioned deep in the hole.

Noticed this issue when mine arrived this week too. Was there a problem with the machining of the hole? It is just too small / tight for a standard allen key size. I don't have a torque wrench, will using one not mark the bell cap? Also the o-ring on the bell size may be a little large as it is squeezed out over the edge when tightening.

They are of course beautiful atomizers. I should have it set up for this evening.

Nib

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Yes, in some units the machining of the hole is not so deep as it should and a torque wrench works perfectly. if you change the o-ring with one of the replacement parts, it should be fine. There are no leaks due to tight threading, but we put an o-ring to be sure.

Last edited:

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
Considering the feedback of some users, we recommend the use of a torque wrench for the bell of the GP Spheroid v2.
Use a torque wrench not an allen key to open the bell, otherwise you may destroy the hole if the allen key is not positioned deep in the hole.

is there a specific size torque wrench that works particularly well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread