GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That'd be cool, but I think unnecessary.
The important contacts are the pins and GPin spring. They are already silvered.
If plating the switch spring made any real difference, I'm fairly certain it would have been done.
Enjoy your V4. I'm rockin' with mine!
:)
^ True that.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
@perseas I would like a silver coated switch spring for the v4. Is it possible for VapourArt to do this?

Hi Dave,

We prefer not to do it. It can be done locally as Augmented Dog suggested at a low cost, but it is not an important upgrade. The silver plating of a spring that moves dozens of thousand times per month will start to peel off eventually, so any improvement in conductivity would be temporary.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
@perseus When will the next batch of Paps V4s release? Thanks!

Hi :)

In a few days, we'll have a Vapourday. We hand polish each one with its caps to achieve a seamless look and this is a time consuming process.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Got my v4 tube in today (I was out of the office on Friday when it arrived) so I can use my 18490 batteries now.

At least, I thought so.

I'm very confused as I switfch back to the shortest insulator in the switch and reinstalled the v4 switch onto my new v4 18500 tube. I couldn't even get my Heron to screw down all the way before it started to auto-fire. Putting in the taller insulator fixed that issue.

Bottom line is ... just don't buy the switch separately. Buy the entire Paps v4 mod, including any additional tube lengths that you plan on using otherwise your switch won't match visually.

Summary: My Paps v4 in 18650 mode works flawlessly and is matched to my switch - even if it is just way too long for my preference with the heron to top it. Making it shorter with a Heron and v3 18500 tube and AW18490 batteries is problematic. Back to normal functioning with the arrival of the v4 18500 tube and AW18490s. The switch now works well but doesn't match the tube.

Can anyone recommend a sandpaper grit that works well for a brushed finished. I am now going to try getting my v4 and both 18650 tubes and 18500 tubes to all match each other by using my PnB tool.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This is my favorite switch so far...

GP-new%20switch-002_zpstqqkawq6.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Any chance you will offer polished V4 switches? Or can we put in a special request when ordering?

You have to use the GP Service, because we polish in brushed finish the whole mod to ensure a seamless look. A request for a custom finish of any ordered mod or spare part, means it has to be sent for refinishing, therefore it is handled as a different product: GP Service

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Any chance you will offer polished V4 switches? Or can we put in a special request when ordering?
IMHO, having a 'seamless' finish with a 'polished' surface could be a tough job. Definitely attainable, Team-GP can do it, but would be seriously time consuming - and very deliberately done.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I just shortened my switch spring. It seemed like something worth trying, since the mod comes with an extra spring anyway. It fixed a warm button issue I was occasionally having with my low builds. If I would chain vape multiple hits in a row, that thing would progressively get warmer and warmer until I would have to slow down. This is why I was originally asking about the silver coating for the switch spring. I didn't want to state the issue here because I am sure people would have just told me just to build higher resistances.

Anyway, the short spring fixes the issue. And the throw on the switch feels the same. I don't know how long this short spring is going to last, but for now it's working great.

Just thought I would mention it. A silver switch spring would have avoided this entirely.

Reactions: anavidfan

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just shortened my switch spring. It seemed like something worth trying, since the mod comes with an extra spring anyway. It fixed a warm button issue I was occasionally having with my low builds. If I would chain vape multiple hits in a row, that thing would progressively get warmer and warmer until I would have to slow down. This is why I was originally asking about the silver coating for the switch spring. I didn't want to state the issue here because I am sure people would have just told me just to build higher resistances.

Anyway, the short spring fixes the issue. And the throw on the switch feels the same. I don't know how long this short spring is going to last, but for now it's working great.

Just thought I would mention it. A silver switch spring would have avoided this entirely.

Many times the warm button is caused by using wrong screwdriver during switch maintenance! I mean, if we unscrew the soft brass negative post with a tiny screwdriver, the slot will be deformed slightly, creating raised lips which will create micro arks, warming the button. Put a fine grit paper on a flat surface and polish the head of the negative screw with smooth circular movements, to make it completely flat. Then, your button won't get warm with low builds.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
You have to use the GP Service, because we polish in brushed finish the whole mod to ensure a seamless look. A request for a custom finish of any ordered mod or spare part, means it has to be sent for refinishing, therefore it is handled as a different product: GP Service

IMHO, having a 'seamless' finish with a 'polished' surface could be a tough job. Definitely attainable, Team-GP can do it, but would be seriously time consuming - and very deliberately done.

Sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant just the switches by themselves, not an entire mod purchase. I see that spare switches are available and since they would not be polished in brush with the mod they would not be seamless anyway. Since they are for sale separately, i was hoping a polished option would be available for those that just want to upgrade their switches from V3 to V4. I understand having a polished switch would defeat the purpose on a seamless mod but it would look great with V3 SS or Lux tubes.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Many times the warm button is caused by using wrong screwdriver during switch maintenance! I mean, if we unscrew the soft brass negative post with a tiny screwdriver, the slot will be deformed slightly, creating raised lips which will create micro arks, warming the button. Put a fine grit paper on a flat surface and polish the head of the negative screw with smooth circular movements, to make it completely flat. Then, your button won't get warm with low builds.
This may be true in some circumstances, and I did double check my negative post (which I had already polished), but my issue was fixed by altering the spring.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Does that mean we have to order, receive and then send back?

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant just the switches by themselves, not an entire mod purchase. I see that spare switches are available and since they would not be polished in brush with the mod they would not be seamless anyway. Since they are for sale separately, i was hoping a polished option would be available for those that just want to upgrade their switches from V3 to V4. I understand having a polished switch would defeat the purpose on a seamless mod but it would look great with V3 SS or Lux tubes.

I am afraid we have only brushed switches now. I have to check for switches still under polishing.

Let me check it and I'll be back with a solution.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I am afraid we have only brushed switches now. I have to check for switches still under polishing.

Let me check it and I'll be back with a solution.

I understand you need to meet demand for the new Paps V4 first, as it should be. I just think it would be nice if sometime in the future you offer polished switches for those wanting to upgrade just the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread