GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
just got the envelope where a new spheroid pin shouldve been. unfortunately no pin, just an empty plastic bag with a hole, a hole in the envelope, and a vapourart sticker. really wanted to get this spheroid working, bummed.

edit: amazing customer service. just got a reply back which said a new one is on its way with a more secure packing method! thanks gp!!!

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just had to share....

Earlier I decided to clean one of my old PAPs 2.5's. Cleaned the switch etc.

Suddenly I noticed a hot button...Thought what the heck? Maybe I did not dry enough? Took it apart , wiped down with alcohol, dried thoroughly re-assembled again, hot. Tested my atty, fine.

Decided to look at the spring under a magnifying light and it was tweaked and crooked. It was not crooked when I cleaned. I must have shoved it in wrong and got worse and caused the hot button. ALl was great when I put the new spring.

Took a look at my button and wow was it beat up. Decided with all the spares I have why not replace it? Silly me, I hate to throw anything away if it still works.

What do you all think of what I have been using and polishing for over a year now? ITs retired now in a bag.
I wish there was a way of refurbishing it without changing the specs.

gus%202_zpspqeizmbp.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
IMG_1332.JPG
Perseus, I'm loving my new Piccoloid, but I'm getting leakage into the battery tube. I just disassembled it and noticed that the delrin washer into which the Gpin fits does not fit evenly into the slot. Here's a pic, though I'm not sure it will show the difference, as it is miniscule. You can maybe see the washer sitting low on the left and high on the right.
Could this be the cause of the leaking, and what do you suggest I try?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
View attachment 502162 Perseus, I'm loving my new Piccoloid, but I'm getting leakage into the battery tube. I just disassembled it and noticed that the delrin washer into which the Gpin fits does not fit evenly into the slot. Here's a pic, though I'm not sure it will show the difference, as it is miniscule. You can maybe see the washer sitting low on the left and high on the right.

That happened to me too. Keep getting hot button and decided to take apart and noticed same thing.

I took it apart and attached the delrin without the gpin and made sure I screwed it in straight. Then I attached the GPin. All was right after that.

I would try to screw it in maybe more carefully, then try what I did. Only thing I would be worried about would be that the initial mis-aligned attaching mess up the threads on the delrin.

Im sure Perseas will chime in with a better suggestion.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
That happened to me too. Keep getting hot button and decided to take apart and noticed same thing.

I took it apart and attached the delrin without the gpin and made sure I screwed it in straight. Then I attached the GPin. All was right after that.

I would try to screw it in maybe more carefully, then try what I did. Only thing I would be worried about would be that the initial mis-aligned attaching mess up the threads on the delrin.

Im sure Perseas will chime in with a better suggestion.
I wondered about that, so before I posted I checked the threads and they look fine, and it threads on fine and smoothly. I reversed the delrin, top to bottom, wondering if one side was manufactured unevenly, but the same outcome. But thanks for your suggestion.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I wondered about that, so before I posted I checked the threads and they look fine, and it threads on fine and smoothly. I reversed the delrin, top to bottom, wondering if one side was manufactured unevenly, but the same outcome. But thanks for your suggestion.

Figured you might have done all that, but one never knows.

What ever the problem is, Im sure Mr Perseas will take care of it :)

Thats why VapourArt/ GP/ Perseas is #1 in my book :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
View attachment 502162 Perseus, I'm loving my new Piccoloid, but I'm getting leakage into the battery tube. I just disassembled it and noticed that the delrin washer into which the Gpin fits does not fit evenly into the slot. Here's a pic, though I'm not sure it will show the difference, as it is miniscule. You can maybe see the washer sitting low on the left and high on the right.

Hello my friend :)
Mine is like yours, but I assure you the washer's position cannot cause leaking issues unless the whole post assembly is not tightened well.
The same will happen even in a perfect alignment of the washer with the housing if the chamber is flooded due to overwicking. It is clearly build related, for a number of reasons.
The cotton ends might be too long, or needing a different density for a certain liquid. The coil might touch the topper's inner walls, creating a short, changing the viscosity of the juice and flooding the chamber. A very low resistance value might have the same effect too. Your cotton tails have to seal the slots of the topper at a moderate density, without squeezing the cotton too much or being too thin.

Please make a new build, tighten all the parts and inform me of the results.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hello my friend :)
Mine is like yours, but I assure you the washer's position cannot cause leaking issues unless the whole post assembly is not tightened well.
The same will happen even in a perfect alignment of the washer with the housing if the chamber is flooded due to overwicking. It is clearly build related, for a number of reasons.
The cotton ends might be too long, or needing a different density for a certain liquid. The coil might touch the topper's inner walls, creating a short, changing the viscosity of the juice and flooding the chamber. A very low resistance value might have the same effect too. Your cotton tails have to seal the slots of the topper at a moderate density, without squeezing the cotton too much or being too thin.

Please make a new build, tighten all the parts and inform me of the results.

Thanks P.
I will let you know. What confuses me a bit is that the same build will be fine for a tankful or two and then leak into the battery tube. Then, be fine again for a while. Wouldn't it be consistent: either always leak or never leak?

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Every tank system may occasionally have leakage, although the Spheroid v4 with a tank setup hasn't any non build related incident of leakage till now. Next time you make a build put more dense strip of cotton and check that all parts are tightened well. Which cotton you use? Resistance value? PG/VG ratio?

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Greetings Fair Gentles!
Been too long since my last appearance here.
Life and its contingencies has its way of waylaying the intentioned traveler.
So,
Still lovin' my v4. Have it topped with my Heron v1.
My GP mod squad consists of the v4, v3 500 lux with an additional 350 tube; and an X 1.5 lux.
Still, my absolute favorite and almost always rig is my 2.5 lux 650 topped with my Heron 1.5.
Can't explain, or understand, but that be as it is.
Gotta say though, as far as perfection of machining is concerned, the v4 is beyond compare.
I've said this before and now I'll repeat: you can easily buy more expensive, but you can't buy better than GP (Vapourart).
Peace!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Greetings Fair Gentles!
Been too long since my last appearance here.
Life and its contingencies has its way of waylaying the intentioned traveler.
So,
Still lovin' my v4. Have it topped with my Heron v1.
My GP mod squad consists of the v4, v3 500 lux with an additional 350 tube; and an X 1.5 lux.
Still, my absolute favorite and almost always rig is my 2.5 lux 650 topped with my Heron 1.5.
Can't explain, or understand, but that be as it is.
Gotta say though, as far as perfection of machining is concerned, the v4 is beyond compare.
I've said this before and now I'll repeat: you can easily buy more expensive, but you can't buy better than GP (Vapourart).
Peace!

Im glad to hear that there are many others like me that have not lost their love and appreciation of the classic look and function of the "tube mech"

I did give a couple reg devices a try and though they are nice, I still prefer my Mechs. I worry all the time that they might fade into history, but glad to see a few modders of well made mechs that are still not only making but constantly innovating.

Its so satisfying to have and use a device that I bought used/ and a few well beaten, with the ability of just a bit of cleaning, buffing etc and maybe replace a bit or two come back to " showroom" look and performance of day 1 out of the "factory"

THAT is why some feel the extra dollars are well worth it.

After your post Augmented Dog, I got that sick urge to get a PAPs V4, but Im still holding out.
I really would like one more 23mm device and Im hoping that the upcoming PAPs X V2 follows in the PAPs footsteps, Id love to see the beautiful and functional advances put into the X. I LOVE the PAPs 4 switch. Its like the 2.5 but even better. I love the top cap and would like to see those go into the new X.

Fingers are crossed and hope that I can hold out and that the wait is worth it.

Thanks Perseas for bringing us these wonderful things

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Im glad to hear that there are many others like me that have not lost their love and appreciation of the classic look and function of the "tube mech"

I did give a couple reg devices a try and though they are nice, I still prefer my Mechs. I worry all the time that they might fade into history, but glad to see a few modders of well made mechs that are still not only making but constantly innovating.

Its so satisfying to have and use a device that I bought used/ and a few well beaten, with the ability of just a bit of cleaning, buffing etc and maybe replace a bit or two come back to " showroom" look and performance of day 1 out of the "factory"

After your post Augmented Dog, I got that sick urge to get a PAPs V4, but Im still holding out.
I really would like one more 23mm device and Im hoping that the upcoming PAPs X V2 follows in the PAPs footsteps, Id love to see the beautiful and functional advances put into the X. I LOVE the PAPs 4 switch. Its like the 2.5 but even better. I love the top cap and would like to see those go into the new X.

I have one reg box and enjoy using it ( when I do). Gotta say though, got hooked on tube mechs early and once I found GP, there was no need to look further.
Have two other better than common tubes, but my go to devices are GP - except for one.
The thing with mechs is that you have to know your sh**.
The rush to regs is greatly by newer vapers who never had to learn the ropes to vape on anything other than an eGo.
The instant sub-ohm crowd.
Hope I didn't offend anyone, but this has been my experience.
Peace Fam!

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA

Personally, I like the X, just the way she is. :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I'm really touched by your kind words and thoughts, thank you so much!

Regarding the evolution of the X, it is not in our near future plans due to other projects, although we have thought about possible implementations of its design and I kept notes of your suggestions my dear Pris :)

We have almost finished the Heron v2. We are very delighted to say that the flavour delivery, the liquid capacity and the throat hit is enhanced further in this version in a smaller form factor. The chamber is smaller for a more condensed and flavourful vapour. We believe Heron v2 is the best Heron we have ever made and I anticipate the last corrections to the topper to share with you photos and specs. Next week I will post more about it.

GP Heron v2 prototype

image.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Every tank system may occasionally have leakage, although the Spheroid v4 with a tank setup hasn't any non build related incident of leakage till now. Next time you make a build put more dense strip of cotton and check that all parts are tightened well. Which cotton you use? Resistance value? PG/VG ratio?

I use KGD cotton; the resistance value I usually measure, but I forgot this time, but I used your coil set-up of 7-8wraps on 2mm with 28g kanthal; and all I vape is 50/50.
Regarding the cotton density: I was chanting the mantra "less is more, less is more" as I built. So, it was dense enough to fill the coil, but without friction as I pulled it through. Perhaps not dense enough. I'll be building a new coil in a few moments, and will use more cotton to slightly catch on the coil. I'll let you know.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I use KGD cotton; the resistance value I usually measure, but I forgot this time, but I used your coil set-up of 7-8wraps on 2mm with 28g kanthal; and all I vape is 50/50.
Regarding the cotton density: I was chanting the mantra "less is more, less is more" as I built. So, it was dense enough to fill the coil, but without friction as I pulled it through. Perhaps not dense enough. I'll be building a new coil in a few moments, and will use more cotton to slightly catch on the coil. I'll let you know.

I have the same setup right now with the cotton tightly put thru the coil. Do it and you'll be fine :)

kscoggins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Carrollton, TX
I finally took a leap into the regulated box mods just to see what I'd think. Although I do like the features (and have gotten accustomed to the form factor), I still use my GP gear the most. I'm looking forward to finally getting the new Spheroid and the new Heron (the current versions are the only tanks I use).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread