GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaimmin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Mumbai, India
Yes, it is.
1) Place the Spheroid in your freezer for 15 minutes. You should be able to twist it off thereafter.
2) Before assembly next time kindly lube up the O-rings with a chapstick. In fact do so every time you wash any atty.

Yup coz even in the reference video, they remove it and i just couldn't take it off. Will try your method. Thanks.

Jaimmin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Mumbai, India
Success in first built. Thought it'd leak on me, but thanks Q. Followed your tutorial.

28 gauge Kanthal, 7 wraps on 2.4mm with organic cotton = 1.4ohms

Not the best coz when i take a longer direct lung hit, get slightly burnt taste of cotton. But happy and shall try better. Perfect for M2L right now.

cf4f3415b10bba5304a6d2bc83412147.jpg

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Just got my Heron v2 today. And I can't get the drip tip off either. I'll put it in the freezer as Qorax suggested above, but I have another problem: I ordered the Ultem tank as well and can't for the life of me get the top polished part of the tank off. Is it supposed to screw or pull off? Won't budge. Help!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Just got my Heron v2 today. And I can't get the drip tip off either. I'll put it in the freezer as Qorax suggested above, but I have another problem: I ordered the Ultem tank as well and can't for the life of me get the top polished part of the tank off. Is it supposed to screw or pull off? Won't budge. Help!
CONGRATS!
Use a ballpoint pen -- one end held firmly on the table - and the tip end inserted into the chimney shaft. Gently push it out of the tank.
*Next time, while assembling everything, pls ensure to lube up all the O-rings well.

rockstarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2009
ohio
Love the new tank P, went back to the verticle coil because I'm now using titanium wire and it needs to be longer, also back to the two hole top cap and its wicking perfect, now I can see the bubbles and know it's feeding both holes properly. Love this setup!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 42

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Love the new tank P, went back to the verticle coil because I'm now using titanium wire and it needs to be longer, also back to the two hole top cap and its wicking perfect, now I can see the bubbles and know it's feeding both holes properly. Love this setup!

Thank you for the feedback! Qorax's vertical build is very efficient indeed.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Anyone know what's going on with GVC? I haven't seen him have a sale in 2016 and this morning his website appears to be gone.

crying-and-sniffling.gif

EDIT: Now the site seems to be back online. But still... no sale this year?

Yes I noticed it too, my GVC supplies are low, hmm ...

rockstarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2009
ohio
Thank you for the feedback! Qorax's vertical build is very efficient indeed.
Actually P I meant back to horizontal...:) But anyways I'm getting liquid pooling under my drip tip and eventually ending up in my mouth. So obviously I'm over wicking but I can't possibly squeeze anymore cotton in the coil or through the holes in the top cap. Any advice on a solution? I've tried all I know.

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Actually P I meant back to horizontal...:) But anyways I'm getting liquid pooling under my drip tip and eventually ending up in my mouth. So obviously I'm over wicking but I can't possibly squeeze anymore cotton in the coil or through the holes in the top cap. Any advice on a solution? I've tried all I know.

Do you have over wicking with the updated topper or with the first one? The new topper is very efficient in handling this issue.

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Anyone know what's going on with GVC? I haven't seen him have a sale in 2016 and this morning his website appears to be gone.

crying-and-sniffling.gif

EDIT: Now the site seems to be back online. But still... no sale this year?
I believe he had one in early January, I was able to score a bottle. But I haven't looked since actually.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Do you have over wicking with the updated topper or with the first one? The new topper is very efficient in handling this issue.

Perseas, I've been using my new Heron v2/Ultem with the older double hole topper on my Paps 4 for much of this past week. It was so solid, reliable and absolutely leak free, that I was about to order a Piccoloid to carry around as my portable in-the-pocket vape, something I would never do unless I used a readymade coil. And then the problems started. Out of the blue I started to get heavy leaking during a bout of heavy vaping (usually the result of watching a gripping TV episode!). So the next day, I cleaned up, re-filled and started again. Now I was getting dry hits. Everything seemed fine with the wick. I had originally wicked using Qorax's video as a reference. So I replaced the topper with the newer single hole version, re-wicked using Qorax's new topper video as a guide again, and.......still dry hits. I checked and juiced up the wick again. This time it was fine, but I guess only until I dried/vaped out the wick and then dry hits again.

What's going wrong? Is my wick too long? Too dense? FYI I'm using 70 VG juice and cotton. Seek your comments and advice.

Reactions: Cucco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread