GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The solution is simple: your cotton is too dense for 70/30 VG/PG juice. Leave the tails short, about 0,5 mm and you'll be fine. Try to do this with the updated topper. When you encounter dry hits, no need to make a new wick; just pull out a few cotton threads from above and check again.

So that's what I thought too but then I wind up flooding. That's the frustrating point. I can't seem to get the right in between. Let me post pictures of how I'm doing it. Thanks

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
So that's what I thought too but then I wind up flooding. That's the frustrating point. I can't seem to get the right in between. Let me post pictures of how I'm doing it. Thanks

Hey buddy :)
The pictures won't reveal anything, a few strands more or less can make a huge difference in the draw and this can't be pictured. Make a build with the updated topper, which is easier to handle and permits more cotton thru the hole, moreover you can make a vertical coil with the initial topper and avoid any leakage.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Just unwrapped my new Piccoloid v2. My goodness, it's tiny! Beautiful! But now I'm scratching my head and thinking:
With the hybrid GPin connection, how do I mount it on my 510 ohms reader and build a coil? Even if I built a coil somehow while the tank base sits precariously on the battery case, how can I check the ohms? Is there a GPin/510 adapter for this purpose? Didn't think about all this when I ordered.......

Yah. Multimeter. If you bough the coil master tab it comes with two alligator clips you can use if you don't have one. I'd love to see them make a drop in adapter for us lazy folk for the hnp and piccoloid though. However that said the spheroid is so easy to build after two builds or so you won't need it

For what it's worth I find a spaced coil to work way better in the spheroid. Making s more dense flavorful vape. 28 gauge 2mm , 7 wraps spaced if you like a fair bit of vape 8 if you want a bit less. And the wrap count is from the tail side. So five full circles and two tails or 6 full circles and two tails.

I love the spheroid. You'll find it so simple to build once you lock it in it takes a couple of minutes to repeat your build. It's simple to get s very consistent build so after a few weeks you're not going to have any issues. Just make sure you don't build too close to the bottom or screws, though the coil sits close by default.

Reactions: perseas

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Hey buddy :)
The pictures won't reveal anything, a few strands more or less can make a huge difference in the draw and this can't be pictured. Make a build with the updated topper, which is easier to handle and permits more cotton thru the hole, moreover you can make a vertical coil with the initial topper and avoid any leakage.

Alright well I'll have to wait and order that and the 510 for the spheroid I guess then. Thank you. I think larger hole for me would be the key. Appreciate the feedback on the new topper. It seems like that would be a good hing for me to get. Only available at your site right, no resellers in the USA correct ?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Alright well I'll have to wait and order that and the 510 for the spheroid I guess then. Thank you. I think larger hole for me would be the key. Appreciate the feedback on the new topper. It seems like that would be a good hing for me to get. Only available at your site right, no resellers in the USA correct ?

The new topper has been sent to all the first owners of Heron 2.0. How this happened and you haven't it?

Reactions: Cucco

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The new topper has been sent to all the first owners of Heron 2.0. How it happens and you haven't it?

I got it as a gift from my friend - now that I think about it he may have mentioned he received it. I'll contact him. Sorry. I figured I was in the database after the change if it was necessary for any shipping.

By the way is there any battery better than the aw 14500 for longer life? Or is that the preferred. I'll have to buy a few more 14500 now I think it's time as I use the piccoloid so much I think I'm killing hem fast. Wanted to see if here's a preferred aside from aw to compare.

Suchtie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2014
Vienna / Austria
Arrived :)
Now I 'm waiting for my GizmoV2 - thx :)

Spheroid-V4.jpg

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

Now there are three things I need to get. Man I'll have to save the pennies and go on a shopping spree. Hopefully the accessories are readily available like the 510 and tank. But I don't know. It's hard to bother when the piccoloid is so great. I just wish I got maybe 1/3 more battery life. I'm going to try a higher resistance build. See if I can get some more life.

Pantone in the thread having feedback on 14500 batteries I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Oh and I live in a hot climate. I found that when I'm out in gym or khaki shorts it's easy for the smooth streamlined body to slide out. So I bought these little vape bands to hold it in my pocket (added benefit of drop protections) but if anyone is having issues with it sliding around this works really well (yes it ruins the lines but I don't want this beautiful piece to hit the floor because I happen to wear casual shorts)

I'll add pictures in just a second to show what I mean.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
This one:

Yah. You're a measurement guy. What's the weight difference? Looks great on that setup.

If I can get the top cap (hopefully he didn't misplace it) and confirm I get it working properly that looks like a nice setup

Man I need to hit this thread more. I missed so much!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
This is how I stop the lovely piccoloid from winding up on the ground when I wear shorts. Yes it's not pretty. But it super smooth gorgeous finish doesn't play well with slick pockets. So for anyone who may be gearing up for summer in heat (104F/40C here already) and wants to avoid damaging their setup via accidental ejection from the pocket. It's super cheap. Works well. And could be worse looking. Doesn't create more heat or anything too due to how they're placed.

Anyway yes I know it isn't for looks!

d82aac9cb88f9fc7eb2f5682fb5c90be.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread