GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
GP_Dripper.png
These are lookin' so cute ya Perseas

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
GP Dripper exterior photos. In a few days we'll finish the parts of the deck and I will post the internals too. We shall make a full SS top cap (for high resistance values), if there is a demand for it to justify the production. Please leave a comment if you're interested about it.

GP_Dripper.png
I did reply over on the Aussie forum. Those SS combinations are looking good! I did think I'd be desperate for a full SS top cap, but seeing these pics, I'm not so sure. If one were available as an add-on though, I'd probably buy it because I'm a sucker for extra bits :D

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I did reply over on the Aussie forum. Those SS combinations are looking good! I did think I'd be desperate for a full SS top cap, but seeing these pics, I'm not so sure. If one were available as an add-on though, I'd probably buy it because I'm a sucker for extra bits :D
Not a metal 'topcap' myself ~ but I'd love to have an all SS 'tank body' tho! And which comes as a spare in the utilities baggy (all in the same price of a complete 'full unit') ;)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Not a metal 'topcap' myself ~ but I'd love to have an all SS 'tank body' tho! And which comes as a spare in the utilities baggy (all in the same price of a complete 'full unit') ;)

That would be easy if the top caps were made from materials like acrylic or polycarbonate, but a PEI rod is 15 times more expensive than a 316 rod and the engraving alone on the SS is not inexpensive. A SS 'tank body' means redesigning the upper half of the dripper. The whole concept is based on simplicity, so we chose PEI material to help with the heat dissipation, offering 2 different colours with and without metal accents, even a full SS top cap for use with high resistance builds, therefore the latter is the last of the 5 options. :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
A white transparent cup would be perfect also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, the problem is all the transparent materials we know except glass have controversial views regarding their safety.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
For colorless transparent - PMMA :)

Thank you Stan, but most acrylic sold today is produced in China and the quality varies which a machinist will discover when he tries to use it, clogging the CNC. It doesn't worth the hassle for such a small part. Glass is better, but both need casting and they have to come from China. I admire their ancient philosophy, but as a company we try to get supplies from Europe, Russia and USA solely.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So I wanted to mix things up and add a little pizazz to the hnp / change up the look a little sometimes. I ordered a tube from another vendor to pair with the heron. Swapped the switch over. And out the top cap and switch into the paps from the hnp.

I am in love with the half sanded look. Is this mod style the same thing GP calls bead blasted? I definitely want to get the next hnP exactly in the finish of the heron combo on the right. And I think the top cap and switches with some decoration accent the GP tube well.

While i love the hnp I do junk it's a little plain for my tastes. I actually preferred the aesthetics of the v3 paps and the stand alone heron Polish afc etc.

GP have the best switch in he industry by s landslide. So it's tough to get used to any others. That said. I'm much more likely to take the horror or now in 18500 mode.

Since it's a go thread I don't want to be disrespectful and lost the mod manufacturer I'm posting this here more because I've beefed seen anyone do a half and half like this. And maybe I'm alone. BUT I LOVE IT. I was nervous it wouldn't end up looking good bt for my taste towards industrial. Love it !!

I also get to enjoy s but if polish accents now with decoration even bough the switch doesn't feel as good.

I'd love to see GP offer this combo (maybe they do ?) in the future. If I had to pay for the extra finish. How would I specify it.

Brush everything but the mein tube is bead blasted ? Most people do polished accents off the heavy matte. I prefer this it's like s business suit with converse.

5896bc12801bc74229ddc96fc20b3298.jpg

I appreciate GP principle of minimalist and simplicity. But I think this combi finish with the heron sticks to that while offering some funk for those who don't want plain stainless tubes.

Since the logo was removed in the v4 I find too much Steiger brushed finish when the top cap or tank and the switch are also done. I feel like the hnp should be different. Keep the minimalist logo on the paps when you have polished accents bt on the hnp find a way to breaks up the bottom more. The piccoloid is so small and it has a polished switch so it doesn't matter. But hnp in 18650 is such a long piece of u inform brush I feel like it needs something on the bottom for balance.

I'm anxious to see what GP have decided for the next version. While the machining, finish, design of the existing hnp is super. I really hope they can add a bit more decoration to the larger uniform devices in the future. - maybe I'm alone here !!

Anyway I hope you like the split matte and brushed combo and that it gives some of you an idea. I've not seen it before so I hope you like it.

The picture stresses the lower afc line s lot
More than real Life. Irl the combination looks less dimensional or gapped. It looks like a really well designed Audi part or something

Reactions: anavidfan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thank you Stan, but most acrylic sold today is produced in China and the quality varies which a machinist will discover when he tries to use it, clogging the CNC. It doesn't worth the hassle for such a small part. Glass is better, but both need casting and they have to come from China. I admire their ancient philosophy, but as a company we try to get supplies from Europe, Russia and USA solely.

Speaking of which I am surprised to read your description of ultem as very high thermal resistance when as I understand it the melting point happens in the 300's Fahrenheit. A boutique manufacturer skit made a chamber that sits a mm from the coil or so out of ultem and given the toxicity and low melting point compared to peek I was very surprised by that.

For s tank outer it won't matter. Bt for s chamber I wouldn't personally vape a device opting for ultem anywhere near s coil. I feel like the vape industry is way too in love with that material.

By and large jts at best unidirectional in design and at worst flat out ugly in just about every soliciting I've seen. Unfortunately most opt for the dehydrated urine yellow version which isn't going to help any design imo. I was really glad to see you offer stainless top caps and black at least. I think once ultem took off for consumers everyone else went yellow because it was easily identifiable from clone parts maybe ? Except now they just use yellow colored plastic.

Is it not possible to get an opaque ultem ? If not what about changing the shade. Will you eventually offer a rainbow? I'd much rather see dark red or blue personally. But opaque or frosted would be my first choice.

@qorax is PMMA the same as macrolon? What separates it from simple polycarbonate ?
Also fda (no I don't give much stock to them as they're useless) only rates ultem as food save under 400F afaik

As a side bar @perseus , @qorax and others what 18500 and 350 are you using. The efest in both are not working well for me. Aw are of course rated high but the 490 is too short and the 350 has poor capacity (with such s low capacity I can't afford to give up 18%.

I don't see any competition in 14500 which is ok as the aw are working there well. The 500 efest when full hit about 2/3 as hard in the heron combo as Samsun 25r do and given I changed switches and am going hubrid I don't think it's mod related. I have four of them. Nine work well. And in the p3 provari the 350 (new)last literally seconds and the 500 lose 2-5% per second of vape time at 4.2v on a .85 build. Not even a high amp draw. The aw internal resistance is quite low which I gather works well in mechanic but the trade offs listed as well as the 30-50% higher price than other batteries is too much as a combination.

Funnily my old Mxjo 350 works very well but I wonder if there's another brand I am
Missing and you lot are the mech masters.

Cheers

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Any specifics on the updated Heron? That's what I'm waiting for :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't wish to mix up the releases. I'll answer for the GP Dripper now and when the time comes, I will speak about the GP Heron 3. I understand your anticipation, just a little patience and I will post about :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I am in love with the half sanded look. Is this mod style the same thing GP calls bead blasted?

I'd love to see GP offer this combo (maybe they do ?) in the future. If I had to pay for the extra finish. How would I specify it.

Brush everything but the mein tube is besd blasted ? Most people do polished accents off the heavy matte. I prefer this it's like s business suit with converse.

5896bc12801bc74229ddc96fc20b3298.jpg

We offer custom finish and custom engraving for years and yes, this is a bead blasted finish. The only difference is that the EU certified 316 SS alloy hasn't this dark shade of grey, which is caused by the small percentage of Nickel in 303 and 304 SS alloys. For the same reason, our brushed and bead blasted finish is so nice having a light hue of grey. Separate parts can have different finishes and you can specify them, by saying for instance, bead blasted tube, mirror polished AFC ring, brushed top cap, etc. We can even engrave the Heron engine you fancy in v3 onto the v4 tube, or something else if you provide a vector file. See: GP Service

In 18350, 18500 and 14500 mode I use AW solely.

Speaking of which I am surprised to read your description of ultem as very high thermal resistance when as I understand it the melting point happens in the 300's Fahrenheit. A boutique manufacturer skit made a chamber that sits a mm from the coil or so out of ultem and given the toxicity and low melting point compared to peek I was very surprised by that.

For s tank outer it won't matter. Bt for s chamber I wouldn't personally vape a device opting for ultem anywhere near s coil. I feel like the vape industry is way too in love with that material.

By and large jts at best unidirectional in design and at worst flat out ugly in just about every soliciting I've seen. Unfortunately most opt for the dehydrated urine yellow version which isn't going to help any design imo. I was really glad to see you offer stainless top caps and black at least. I think once ultem took off for consumers everyone else went yellow because it was easily identifiable from clone parts maybe ? Except now they just use yellow colored plastic.

Is it not possible to get an opaque ultem ? If not what about changing the shade. Will you eventually offer a rainbow? I'd much rather see dark red or blue personally. But opaque or frosted would be my first choice.

If a manufacturer left 1 mm only from the coil as you said, this doesn't mean that whoever uses PEI follows the same design or it is so dangerous as you claim. The melting point of PEI is 426ºF/ 219°C and the temperature increase inside the chamber is not even a quarter of that amount, otherwise we couldn't be able to vape in the first place. The advantage of the ULTEM compared to the SS is the faster heat dissipation, which is very important for a pleasant vaping experience with a dripper.

I didn't see anybody protesting for the polycarbonate and acrylic tanks, which have flooded the market and they are not considered food safe in Europe, but you express fear of toxicity for the PEI, which its chemical inertness is almost similar to PEEK. We were the first in the vaping industry to use PEEK in our insulators since 2012. I guess we all have different opinions and I respect that.

The looks and the colours is a highly subjective matter. My partner loves the black PEI, I like more the amber one. We offer both, also versions with SS accents and full SS ones. We'll be able to offer opaque, frosted, rainbow, blue or red colours in PEI, if the demand can justify the production; remember, we are a small company :)

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
GP Dripper exterior photos. In a few days we'll finish the parts of the deck and I will post the internals too. We shall make a full SS top cap (for high resistance values), if there is a demand for it to justify the production. Please leave a comment if you're interested about it.

GP_Dripper.png

These are looking good. I will have to keep my eye on this as additional photos come out.

Its been a very busy year so I've been completely detached from ecf. But the new roof and solar projects have been completed. Another few weeks and we will be making our own power.

c960faebf744f7ef3a430c081cd57b66.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
These are looking good. I will have to keep my eye on this as additional photos come out.

Its been a very busy year so I've been completely detached from ecf. But the new roof and solar projects have been completed. Another few weeks and we will be making our own power.

c960faebf744f7ef3a430c081cd57b66.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well

Hello my friend!

Your solar project is superb! When you finish and have a spare time, inform us about it. More photos please :)

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Great to see you here Yankee, glad to hear all is good with you.

We have been thinking about going solar but the "unknown" makes us hesitate.

Has it been difficult? Let me know. We have been so close , would like to know how you like it.

It's actually easy if you select a company you feel comfortable with. The programs vary state to state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread