GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I certainly will. If you don't have a problem with it, I'll post a new sub to keep this thread focused on your new gems coming down.

It would be nice to open a new thread, it is very interesting subject, go for it when you have time!

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
A glance at GP Dripper's deck:

GP_Dripper_deck_a.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It's actually easy if you select a company you feel comfortable with. The programs vary state to state.

Thats what I hear but I ve also heard that some companies are not what they seem and thats what scares us off. I know what I should do is go knock on the doors of the others that have gone solar and find out who they used and their experience.

Reactions: Cucco

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Thats what I hear but I ve also heard that some companies are not what they seem and thats what scares us off. I know what I should do is go knock on the doors of the others that have gone solar and find out who they used and their experience.

You have to select if you will be purchasing or leasing. Then you have to do some homework on the companies you wish to talk to. You have to interview them. Yes. Exactly that. There are places like angies list thy can bellow people reviews. But, the biggest advice I have is to learn about solar and the benefits on the state you’re in. That sets the tone on what questions you will be asking them. Set a template for yourself and modify them. also, don’t be afraid to ask for two or three system size estimates, from each company. Example, one string inverter and one micro inverter. Your research will dictate what to ask.

Do not buy what you do not understand in full!

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
A glance at GP Dripper's deck:

GP_Dripper_deck_a.jpg

That looks very nice.

It's a bummer you didn't have a chance to build a 16mm bfa. If you do and just don't offer it in the USA I can hair buy it and have it shipped to
My family in the uk who can then ship it to me. Or maybe a reseller you use won't care about shipping here.

I applaud your efforts for s one size fits all dripper. I hope it's the first device in vaping to work well for mtl when designed predominantly for direct lung. You guys put magic into your products so k don't doubt you found a way to do what nobody else has. Most people just say "shut the air down" but as you k ow if it's underneath that does t work. There's so much to it.

I'm
Anxious for all your new products. Especially epaps. The dripper deck Looks really well designed. Good job. I'm curious to see what he heron v3 does. I'm torn about buying another v2 or waiting for the v3. If you've matured it along lines of the dripper the. I'm sure a lot of customers will be changing to the v3.

Have you stated what the for sale date is for the dripper or still undecided? Will we see more than the dripper(or dripper pro) by year's end? Or is that all that's on the table ? Is the epaps or v3 coming Q4 or next year?

As if 8/8 there were 21 month left to sell uncertified products. So I guess you're struggling to get everything out because I assume you're going to basically withdraw from the us market when the second date comes and requires certification for anything developed after 2007?

I'm fortunate to be a foreign national with family outside the USA. I feel awful for you guys and your customers.

Does GP as a matter of policy contribute to vape advocacy in the USA ? I usherettes you're a small company but if every boutique manufacturer and vendor contributed 5% of profit to advocacy and lobbying. And if customers were willing to put a dollar in a jar every time they visited a shop or add one dollar every time they buy online. We'd be in such a stronger position.

You're such a great company is think you do advocacy as a policy. If not through maybe it's with considering? I was going to buy a new tank (inexpensive first party Chinese tank getting good reviews, but gp) but i am donating the money instead. If everyone who's a hobbyist put $20-5@ a year in to it. W could pay off elected officials like big tobacco dos.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
That looks very nice.

It's a bummer you didn't have a chance to build a 16mm bfa. If you do and just don't offer it in the USA I can hair buy it and have it shipped to
My family in the uk who can then ship it to me. Or maybe a reseller you use won't care about shipping here.

I applaud your efforts for s one size fits all dripper. I hope it's the first device in vaping to work well for mtl when designed predominantly for direct lung. You guys put magic into your products so k don't doubt you found a way to do what nobody else has. Most people just say "shut the air down" but as you k ow if it's underneath that does t work. There's so much to it.

I'm
Anxious for all your new products. Especially epaps. The dripper deck Looks really well designed. Good job. I'm curious to see what he heron v3 does. I'm torn about buying another v2 or waiting for the v3. If you've matured it along lines of the dripper the. I'm sure a lot of customers will be changing to the v3.

Have you stated what the for sale date is for the dripper or still undecided? Will we see more than the dripper(or dripper pro) by year's end? Or is that all that's on the table ? Is the epaps or v3 coming Q4 or next year?

As if 8/8 there were 21 month left to sell uncertified products. So I guess you're struggling to get everything out because I assume you're going to basically withdraw from the us market when the second date comes and requires certification for anything developed after 2007?

I'm fortunate to be a foreign national with family outside the USA. I feel awful for you guys and your customers.

Does GP as a matter of policy contribute to vape advocacy in the USA ? I usherettes you're a small company but if every boutique manufacturer and vendor contributed 5% of profit to advocacy and lobbying. And if customers were willing to put a dollar in a jar every time they visited a shop or add one dollar every time they buy online. We'd be in such a stronger position.

You're such a great company is think you do advocacy as a policy. If not through maybe it's with considering? I was going to buy a new tank (inexpensive first party Chinese tank getting good reviews, but gp) but i am donating the money instead. If everyone who's a hobbyist put $20-5@ a year in to it. W could pay off elected officials like big tobacco dos.

I will announce very soon the date of the next Vapourday.

Thank you very much for appreciation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
As I watching the video on the dripper.....great video Q!.....what is the lowest ohms that one should use with GP mech and switches? Just curious !! I fully understand battery and ohms law but was curious with the Lux and SS GP Mech what would stress the switch or tube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
As I watching the video on the dripper.....great video Q!.....what is the lowest ohms that one should use with GP mech and switches? Just curious !! I fully understand battery and ohms law but was curious with the Lux and SS GP Mech what would stress the switch or tube.
Thanks buddy!
And I've used GPs till 0.3 Ohms. Remember, the GPin has a safety feature. The silver plated spring. It'd collapse under super low ohms.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you Q, I rarely go below .5ohms and that is with dual coils. I am all good!!

I think the safe limit for a 18650 battery inside a mechanical mod is 0,5Ω, so you're fine there.

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi Vapers,
I hope someone can help as I am left really baffled by what's happening to my v4 switch.

I've only recently started using the paps v4 (3 weeks ago). I gave it a quick wipe down a week and a half ago and just come around to cleaning it again.

I've noticed however that no matter what I try, the switch doesn't seem to want to work properly. Randomly i would go to lock it and the whole switch would unscrew off. I've just taken it apart and think I have found the culprit...

f700d9b76e772f133918b4fe0ce5034b.jpg

I don't understand, i treat it with kid gloves, never dropped or knocked it, only vape around 1.2 ohm. Has anybody experienced this with theirs and if so, do you know of a fix?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ps. I've tried pressing it down very firmly with the flat end of the screw driver - no joy :(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi Vapers,
I hope someone can help as I am left really baffled by what's happening to my v4 switch.

I've only recently started using the paps v4 (3 weeks ago). I gave it a quick wipe down a week and a half ago and just come around to cleaning it again.

I've noticed however that no matter what I try, the switch doesn't seem to want to work properly. Randomly i would go to lock it and the whole switch would unscrew off. I've just taken it apart and think I have found the culprit...

f700d9b76e772f133918b4fe0ce5034b.jpg

I don't understand, i treat it with kid gloves, never dropped or knocked it, only vape around 1.2 ohm. Has anybody experienced this with theirs and if so, do you know of a fix?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ps. I've tried pressing it down very firmly with the flat end of the screw driver - no joy :(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hello buddy,

The correct way of assembling is crucial for this mod because the tolerance is very tight, beyond 0,03 mm. You need to tighten the negative post with the screwdriver AND AT THE SAME TIME to use the GP Fork as a leverage, while the locking ring must be fully screwed. If it isn’t, then the pin will be seated under an angle and it will fall out eventually due to side pressure. You have to look at it, as if you assemble a clock, everything has its precise place :)
Any other way of assembling risks the damage of the pin.

We shall send you a new button, just send an email at info@vapourart.com referring your order number. We have a video reference guide for the GP PAPS 4: for the next time you take apart the switch.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Hello buddy,

The correct way of assembling is crucial for this mod because the tolerance is very tight, beyond 0,03 mm. You need to tighten the negative post with the screwdriver AND the GP Fork as a leverage, while the locking ring must be fully screwed. If it isn’t, then the pin will be seated under an angle and it will fall out eventually due to side pressure. You have to look at it, as if you assemble a clock, everything has its precise place :)
Any other way of assembling risks the damage of the pin.

We shall send you a new button, just send an email at info@vapourart.com referring your order number. We have a video reference guide for the GP PAPS 4: for the next time you take apart the switch.

This kind of customer service is so rare these days! Thank you for everything you do Perseas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread