GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I received my piccoloid two days before my birthday, which was great. I'm waiting to receive aw new aw 14500 batteries 'cause the ones I had don't fit it correctly (Nitecore, and not many companies will transport batteries to Honduras, anyways), so I have been using it with the 510 connection. It vapes heavenly. But I have the WORST time every time I need to take it apart, whether it is the top cap to pour more liquid or change the battery/mod I'm using it on. I read in the thread that SS worked better if nothing was applied to the connections, just clean it with water and soap with toothbrush; but it doesn't seem to be the case. I really love the flavor, on this atty is simply phenomenal and I really want make the overall experience smoother.
Right now the I can't disassemble it to refill it. I ruined the coil, separated the 510 converter part but the rest is stuck and I can't separate it. I'm really frustrated. PLEASE HELP

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi, I received my piccoloid two days before my birthday, which was great. I'm waiting to receive aw new aw 14500 batteries 'cause the ones I had don't fit it correctly (Nitecore, and not many companies will transport batteries to Honduras, anyways), so I have been using it with the 510 connection. It vapes heavenly. But I have the WORST time every time I need to take it apart, whether it is the top cap to pour more liquid or change the battery/mod I'm using it on. I read in the thread that SS worked better if nothing was applied to the connections, just clean it with water and soap with toothbrush; but it doesn't seem to be the case. I really love the flavor, on this atty is simply phenomenal and I really want make the overall experience smoother.
Right now the I can't disassemble it to refill it. I ruined the coil, separated the 510 converter part but the rest is stuck and I can't separate it. I'm really frustrated. PLEASE HELP

Belated happy birthday!
Use rubber bands for any overtightened part and it will unscrew easily. When you change batteries, it is better to unscrew the middle section of the Piccoloid and not the switch. If the battery is oversized, use the shorter pins for the GPin. Below are the video guide references for correct assembling:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Anyone else having trouble using the dripper with a Reo? It appears that the positive pin in the dripper won't reach the pin in the Reo, or at least that's the only thing I can figure. My Reo does not have the adjustable pin.

We overextended the 510 pin especially for the GP Dripper in order to prevent lack of contact with non adjustable mods, but if a mod is way out of specs regarding the 510 connection, it is an issue of the mod and not the atomizer. Send an email to the manufacturer please.

Reactions: Cucco

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Btw folks, showing GP Ultem driptip all-way-thru in my new video. Not putting the link here b'coz it is of another product. But I replaced their driptip with GP's - b'coz these one's are great!

I couldn't agree more. I've been swapping my two around to everything and while I find the long one aesthetically a bit too tall fir most of my devices I can't deny the function it serves in focusing flavor and density and I'm not sure that could be achieved where it any shorter. The short one seems to make everything saying once you put a little oomph your build.

I think I finally determined where the long one needs to stay but the device is going up for sale because frankly buying it was stupid for me it's just not the right advice I'd rather have another GP dripper or maybe wait for the pro since I'm getting into all kinds of crazy coils lately.

I started transitioning to a little more direct lung inhale to get the totally different flavor profiles of juice. Before people asked why i didn't lung hit and my snarky answer was - i like flavor

Well thats no longer a valid answer because a mild dual coils build hitting .8 or so with 15 watts is an absolutely criminal Amount of flavor. Then when you drip t low .25 ish and crank the power. Sine different flavor s focusing

It's funny though i can bud a dual coil setup in the dripper which uses 1/10 of the power 1/5 the juice consumption as the big tine cloud chasers and i get a more responsive build which blows 95% minimum if what they get for clouds.

So the design is very efficient of the dripper. Because while the big power is a diminishing return proposition normally id get 75% of heir output at those levels.

I had to back off a dual coil bill because it was literally too much flavor I felt like I was drinking the juice because it was so strong

Btw @qorax i appreciate you discuss juice consumption . If I tank requires 100 W big dual coil and consumption of 5 mL in our produce a Vape I want that is certainly not the right thing for me

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Anyone else having trouble using the dripper with a Reo? It appears that the positive pin in the dripper won't reach the pin in the Reo, or at least that's the only thing I can figure. My Reo does not have the adjustable pin.

Cant you just order an adjustable pin for not much money? Is it spring loaded? I can't imagine it is. I'm surprised that there would be no adjustment whatsoever on a mechanical bottom feed mod.

for what it's worth I've run the GP dripper on seven bottom feed mods (mostly super cheap nonadjustable things like the I-stick or copper Vape or steam crave or even the wraith) and of all of the bottom feed atomizers I have I would say it fits universally the best meaning it basically screwed in all the way and makes contact without gaps on basically everything I have so I'd have to say it probably is something for Rio but if you're not it should be an easy fix once you bring it up to them.

Reactions: perseas
Belated happy birthday!
Use rubber bands for any overtightened part and it will unscrew easily. When you change batteries, it is better to unscrew the middle section of the Piccoloid and not the switch. If the battery is oversized, use the shorter pins for the GPin. Below are the video guide references for correct assembling:

Thank you
I'll give it another shot as soon as I get home

Sent from mTalk

Reactions: perseas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Hey all,

I know I'm late to the party but I just acquired 2 Spheroid V3s and love this device. So simple, vapes a MTL dream and NEVER leaks.

Is there a standard guideline on when to change out the fluff? I'm using quilting PolyFil right now and have some Sera wool also which I haven't used yet.

Thanks for any guidance.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Hey all,

I know I'm late to the party but I just acquired 2 Spheroid V3s and love this device. So simple, vapes a MTL dream and NEVER leaks.

Is there a standard guideline on when to change out the fluff? I'm using quilting PolyFil right now and have some Sera wool also which I haven't used yet.

Thanks for any guidance.
Depends on the juice you use. I have a pretty dark juice I use in my v3 and when I have changed out my wick a few times, I take the filler out, run it under hot water and towel dry it. It's good as new :)
No need to replace with a new piece until it's literally falling apart. I'm using one filler I know that no less than 5 months old.

Edit - that's paper towel btw :D

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Depends on the juice you use. I have a pretty dark juice I use in my v3 and when I have changed out my wick a few times, I take the filler out, run it under hot water and towel dry it. It's good as new :)
No need to replace with a new piece until it's literally falling apart. I'm using one filler I know that no less than 5 months old.

Edit - that's paper towel btw :D
I made a boo boo and bought too much filler LOL. I ordered the Sera off of Amazon before my Spheroid arrived and then found it was simply polyfil, so I picked up a HUGE pack of quilt stuffing for super cheap at Walmart. I'm set for many lifetimes!

Thanks Ms. Loud!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hey all,

Thanks for any guidance.

Welcome buddy!

Please take a look at our GP Series by VapourArt - Advance Notifications, Tips & Tricks & Updates Thread Plenty of tutorials regarding fluff and different builds. I can speak only of our fluff, but I am sure the same applies to Sera and PolyFil: many months of use with the same filler material, clean it under the tap, no need to unwrap it from the bell, just squeeze a few times to dry it and ready to refill and vape :)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Video coming up tonight ;)

GP Drippers Straight, Small with Logo.jpg

GP All, Small with Logo.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I just got an email from Grant. It seems that after about a year, GVC will finally be available again and on sale on Friday, December 2nd.

The timing is seemingly good as I only have about 20ml left. Frankly, I don't know that I'm going to purchase more as a one year drought was pretty concerning to me and I've been pursuing a DIY alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread