GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Very nice photos and thank you for the feedback!
You're right, it produces a humming sound which can be lessened to a degree with the AFR, but you cannot get rid of it completely due to the way the air travels to reach the coil. In the GP Dripper Pro we redesigned everything to have a silent function, but in the GP Dripper the only modding that works is to open a hole of 1,2-1,5 mm above the middle of the Ultem top cap, albeit the SS top cap is very hard to attempt it. Of course this is experimental, there is no reason to ruin the cap, it is simply an approach that works on the Ultem caps.

Thanks perseas! Really liking the flavor from the dripper so it is worth it, just happy to have some new GP gear. :)

Will the current top caps work with the Pro?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Good morning perseas,
please Sir; today 3.Advent and it is time for first pictures of awesome GP Heron V3
:toast:

We had a change of plans regarding the releases of the GP Dripper Pro and GP Heron 3.0. The Pro will come out first and in a few days I will start posting photos and a video review will follow. The Heron will come out later, so I won't post photos yet, I hope you understand :)

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Since the Heron v3 hasn't been released as I had hoped, I used the break to pickup even more fluff, another ptfe tip, and a couple of airflow reducers for my Heron v2.

I don't know if I'm doing it right but I installed the afr by inserting it from the top of the deck - meaning that I had to raise the level of my coil a bit. there is about 1mm gap, by eyeball, between my 2mm (inner diameter) coil and the raised lip of the afr. I didn't want to raise the coil anymore than that for fear of contact with the (single hole) lid. I hope that the heat from the coil doesn't blacken the afr.

So far, I don't notice much in the way of flavor difference, but I never expected to. The draw is a little tighter (which I like). My hope is that the raised lip of the afr might cure the intermittent leaking of liquid through the afc that I could never quite completely eliminate (but have learned to deal with).

What I have noticed in the first few minutes, after rebuilding, is that I no longer get vapor exiting directly from the afc while firing vertically without inhaling. Hopefully that means that it's harder for liquid to come directly from the coil and into the deck hole.

Additionally, I'm hoping the raised lip of the afr will help deter pooled liquid on the deck, or in the chamber, from pouring into the deck hole and eventually out of the afc.

Fingers crossed!

2bac3acc3254db6e3a585911c54c0885.jpg

btw: I was without my HnP for a couple of days as it fell out of my pants pocket and onto my friend's car seat one night while out. I used my paps v3/heron v1 and my TiX/Odin dripper in the meantime. As good as those products are, the performance difference between my Paps v4/Heron v2 was night-and-day. I'm really glad to have it back in my hands again. :)

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
fwiw, I've been chain vaping for a few hours, now, and have yet to experience any major leaks!

unfortunately, I have noticed a flavor change for the worse. It could be build related (maybe too much wick) or possibly because I had to move the coil higher up. I'll rewick shortly and update after using the build over the weekend.

The results seem very promising though :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: btobw

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have a quick question about the finishes available on the Paps G4. I have two which are the natural brushed finish, and am going to pick up a 3rd. To my understanding the following finishes are available:

• Natural Brushed (standard, what I have)
  • Bead Blasted
  • Mirror Polished
  • Brushed & Polished
  • Bead Blasted & Polished
Is there a reference pic available anywhere which shows these different finishes next to each other for a visual overview?

Many thanks.

Reactions: qorax

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hi all :) Just dropping by to report back.

I've gone through about 25ml of liquid after installing the afr on my Heron v2 and I'm happy to report that it is working wonderfully! The raised lip has stopped all leaks/floods and I am much happier.

Aside from the installation of the afr and the raising of the coil to accommodate the raised lip of the afr my build is identical to all of my other builds. It works wonderfully although I may try to adjust for the vaping difference from the raised coil (there's significantly more throat hit and a bit less richness in the flavor).

I did open up the afc because I guess I got used to the looser draw.

It's been a little over a year since I put my first build in the Heron v2. Even back then I had wished for the "cotton topper" (deck lid with single hole on top) and a raised lip on the deck hole. Now I have both and am extremely happy :)

Cheers, all, and wish you all a Merry Christmas!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I have a quick question about the finishes available on the Paps G4. I have two which are the natural brushed finish, and am going to pick up a 3rd. To my understanding the following finishes are available:

• Natural Brushed (standard, what I have)
  • Bead Blasted
  • Mirror Polished
  • Brushed & Polished
  • Bead Blasted & Polished
Is there a reference pic available anywhere which shows these different finishes next to each other for a visual overview?

Many thanks.

I have this one, it is not PAPS v4 specific, but you can see the different kinds of polishing. It is very difficult to shoot the SS in different finishes without ruining the look of one over the other. Around January 10, the GP PAPS v4 will be available again.

20160316_162013_1.jpg

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have this one, it is not PAPS v4 specific, but you can see the different kinds of polishing. It is very difficult to shoot the SS in different finishes without ruining the look of one over the other. Around January 10, the GP PAPS v4 will be available again.

20160316_162013_1.jpg
Beautiful, thanks very much. This one pic makes it much simpler to get a visual overview of what all the options are. A suggestion: you may want to include something similar on your website which shows up when the drop-down menu for finishing options appears. Maybe I'm differently-abled, but it's difficult for my brain to process the differences between, for instance: brushed and polished, bead-blasted & polished, etc., without actually seeing it.

Much appreciated and happy holidaze to everybody!

Reactions: qorax

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Good Lord - what is this? Are these created today or is this another special edition GP I missed because I'm always late to the party.

pieces2_0.jpg

That's the GP Paps X with the sections unscrewed for visual effect. That's probably the SS version that was released almost three years ago and is still for sale from the Vapourart website.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Good Lord - what is this? Are these created today or is this another special edition GP I missed because I'm always late to the party.

pieces2_0.jpg
[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
That's the GP Paps X with the sections unscrewed for visual effect. That's probably the SS version that was released almost three years ago and is still for sale from the Vapourart website.
Darn, thought it was new....lol [emoji19] [emoji19] [emoji19] [emoji19]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread