GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Giveaway Package Shipped to the Winner :)

Giveaway, Paul, Pack, Small2.jpg

Giveaway, Paul, Post, Small2.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I love my GP Dripper.
It's gorgeous, light, feels great and vapes great.
The only issue I'm having is some leakage. I'll call it weeping, from the tank's air holes which are closed, not the one which is open. This can happen while vaping, but also sitting there over night.
(I'm using it as Qorax did, with one air hole open about half way, the others closed, and a bit of cotton stuffed into the interior air hole opposite the coil.)
1.2 ohm coil, vaping it around 17 watts.
I'm guessing the o-rings aren't quite right? I did slightly lube them with beeswax lip balm, as i always do, and have not removed the tank often enough to cause any wear.
Thoughts?

Reactions: qorax

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I love my GP Dripper.
The only issue I'm having is some leakage. I'll call it weeping, from the tank's air holes which are closed, not the one which is open. This can happen while vaping, but also sitting there over night.
(I'm using it as Qorax did, with one air hole open about half way, the others closed, and a bit of cotton stuffed into the interior air hole opposite the coil.)
I'm guessing the o-rings aren't quite right? I did slightly lube them with beeswax lip balm, as i always do, and have not removed the tank often enough to cause any wear.
Thoughts?

Thank you very much for the feedback!
If the remaining liquid inside the deck is enough, then it is possible to see a drop coming from the air hole occasionally. Even condensed vapour trapped between the sides of the deck and the cap can be the cause. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the O-rings need changing, while they haven't visible wear. Only the GP Dripper Pro is leakage proof even in horizontal position, due to the top air channels.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thank you very much for the feedback!
If the remaining liquid inside the deck is enough, then it is possible to see a drop coming from the air hole occasionally. Even condensed vapour trapped between the sides of the deck and the cap can be the cause. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the O-rings need changing, while they haven't visible wear. Only the GP Dripper Pro is leakage proof even in horizontal position, due to the top air channels.
Based on what you said, it sounds like condensed vapor, since the weeping is from the blocked airholes, not the open airhole. So, it sounds like the condensed vapor is traveling sideways around the deck and beneath the cap and then to the closed airholes.
Still a beautiful little (and I mean little) device.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I was able to find a mint HnP set and am amazed at the fit and finish.

It is my first mech and I am well aware of the safety requirements. But what has surprised me is that I have not been able to get a very powerful vape. It is only a shadow of my Heron V2. And btw, Perseus if you are seeing this, your recommendations were spot on for the V2. It has gone from an inconsistent marvel to a completely steady flavor monster that never leaks. It's because of this experience that I decided to try the HnP.

Using steam-engine, I am paying a lot of attention to the heat flux along with the other necessary specs. My last build was 26 ga Kanthal, 5 wraps on 2.5 mm. It is better but still weak.

I don't know if it matters, but I am using an 18500 battery. I had used an 18350 but found the mod was actually too small (Inconceivable!). Might this be a reason for my weakish vape?

Suggestions welcome.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I was able to find a mint HnP set and am amazed at the fit and finish.

It is my first mech and I am well aware of the safety requirements. But what has surprised me is that I have not been able to get a very powerful vape. It is only a shadow of my Heron V2. And btw, Perseus if you are seeing this, your recommendations were spot on for the V2. It has gone from an inconsistent marvel to a completely steady flavor monster that never leaks. It's because of this experience that I decided to try the HnP.

Using steam-engine, I am paying a lot of attention to the heat flux along with the other necessary specs. My last build was 26 ga Kanthal, 5 wraps on 2.5 mm. It is better but still weak.

I don't know if it matters, but I am using an 18500 battery. I had used an 18350 but found the mod was actually too small (Inconceivable!). Might this be a reason for my weakish vape?

Suggestions welcome.

Try lightening vapes Clapton wire. Go with the 28/36 stainless / stainless option and do six wraps around 2.25 mm rod or the 28/36 kanthal / kanthal Clapton wire and do 5 wraps around a 2mm rod.

Are you vaping restricted lung hit or mtl? If the latter either use gp afr insert (which needs to be filed down a lot imo) or just grab some 3mm od 2mm id ptfe tubing off amazon for $6 and reduce the air flow below the coil.

Either one of those builds should produce a lot of vapor for you. I have a 18650 hnp setup and a heron v2 I use with 500 tube and those builds are. Great in either.

My go to gp dripper build works great in the heron or the gp dripper. That's the stainless steel one.

For anyone glancing at the thread try this build in the gp dripper or heron. If you're restricted lung inhaling skip the afr insert.

2.25mm | 6 wraps spaced coil | 28ss/36ss Clapton wire from lightening vapes | afr in | single coil cap if you have one.

Make sure you're using a spaced coil in the heron not a contact. At much better suited to spacing and you increase the heat spread making a stronger output on thicker wire builds. The Clapton wife builds are super durable and last forever with some pulsed dry burning. So $9 for 15 ft is actually a lot more than you'd think. Anything bigger than he spheroid from gp shines with that wire and it offers greater density than 28. I also like 27 gauge. It avoids some issues if 26 but gives more kick than 28

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I have to say the gp dripper is very well suited to the I stick squeeze. Which is such a cheap button feed mod everyone should have at least one. The weight is perfect and size is tiny. The gp dripper fits the design well.

I'm sure some consider it sacrilege to put an expensive custom job like the gp dripper on top of an inexpensive Chinese mod but I can only say I like whatever works well and this combo works great.

3f579a3cf4a3e2b85c7c31d99e6205b9.jpg

For those with more expensive tastes or wanting a mod that will last u too the end of time nothing beats the cc mod made by Corey here on the forums. Pairs beautifully with the gp products. Excuse the black thumb lol.

a9a037e26cd5eb67b23380345cfc87c6.jpg

I can't wait to see what gp bring to the bottom feed mod market.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I love my GP Dripper.
Thoughts?

I dot believe cotton needs to be stuffed in the hole. I haven't had anything show me just one hole is seeing air. My guess is condensation is going to collect on that cotton. And create issues where others without cotton wouldn't see it. Try removing the cotton and see if it's still an issue ?

I will confess I use the single coup cap more than the dual with single build. I'll do some experimenting and see if I can replicate but the o rings wouldn't have anything to do with liquid coming out an air hole. Over dripping or squonking would and condensation would. The o rings are lower than that and only relate to the cap seal below the air hole intake.

Another thought is that the spit back protector is doing its job and it's dripping down the little spit juice which hits it.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Try lightening vapes Clapton wire. Go with the 28/36 stainless / stainless option and do six wraps around 2.25 mm rod or the 28/36 kanthal / kanthal Clapton wire and do 5 wraps around a 2mm rod.

Are you vaping restricted lung hit or mtl? If the latter either use gp afr insert (which needs to be filed down a lot imo) or just grab some 3mm od 2mm id ptfe tubing off amazon for $6 and reduce the air flow below the coil.

Either one of those builds should produce a lot of vapor for you. I have a 18650 hnp setup and a heron v2 I use with 500 tube and those builds are. Great in either.

My go to gp dripper build works great in the heron or the gp dripper. That's the stainless steel one.

For anyone glancing at the thread try this build in the gp dripper or heron. If you're restricted lung inhaling skip the afr insert.

2.25mm | 6 wraps spaced coil | 28ss/36ss Clapton wire from lightening vapes | afr in | single coil cap if you have one.

Make sure you're using a spaced coil in the heron not a contact. At much better suited to spacing and you increase the heat spread making a stronger output on thicker wire builds. The Clapton wife builds are super durable and last forever with some pulsed dry burning. So $9 for 15 ft is actually a lot more than you'd think. Anything bigger than he spheroid from gp shines with that wire and it offers greater density than 28. I also like 27 gauge. It avoids some issues if 26 but gives more kick than 28

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them.

Reactions: h00ligan

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I dot believe cotton needs to be stuffed in the hole. I haven't had anything show me just one hole is seeing air. My guess is condensation is going to collect on that cotton. And create issues where others without cotton wouldn't see it. Try removing the cotton and see if it's still an issue ?

I will confess I use the single coup cap more than the dual with single build. I'll do some experimenting and see if I can replicate but the o rings wouldn't have anything to do with liquid coming out an air hole. Over dripping or squonking would and condensation would. The o rings are lower than that and only relate to the cap seal below the air hole intake.

Another thought is that the spit back protector is doing its job and it's dripping down the little spit juice which hits it.
Thanks, looking forward to hearing about your experimenting. I'll pull the cotton and see what happens.

P.S. thanks also for your tip on the clapton wire. I'll have to get some and try it out in the dripper.

Reactions: perseas

Suchtie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2014
Vienna / Austria
I'm sure some consider it sacrilege to put an expensive custom job like the gp dripper on top of an inexpensive Chinese mod but I can only say I like whatever works well and this combo works great.

I agree - I love my GPs and also the Picos - on the road I like it so much :)

GP-Dripper-Pro-auf-Pico-Squeeze.jpg
GP-auf-Pico.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

Hey @h00ligan, I pulled the cotton plug out of the opposite airhole and not a bit of weeping so far. I think that may have been it.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Reactions: h00ligan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread