GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I received a DHL package from Bulgaria today. Based on the serial number options posted on the GP Heron product page and the serial number of my new GP Dripper Pro (004) it seems that Vapourart likes to hold on to low-numbered serial numbers, LOL.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I received a DHL package from Bulgaria today. Based on the serial number options posted on the GP Heron product page and the serial number of my new GP Dripper Pro (004) it seems that Vapourart likes to hold on to low-numbered serial numbers, LOL.

This low serial was just for you! #1, #2 and #3 belong to the GP Team :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
What did you get? How's it working out?
6pm here and no Paps! Aargh! DHL bites! :p

I bought another identical 18650 GP X Lux, a 18500 SS v3, an 18350 tube for the v3 and a few springs.

That will be 3 GPs, 4 Gus, 4 HoH and 3 Nemesis authentics. Think I am good! :thumbs: Of course, I am not including the 20+ clone mechs (that never get used lately!).

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
6pm here and no Paps! Aargh! DHL bites! :p

I bought another identical 18650 GP X Lux, a 18500 SS v3, an 18350 tube for the v3 and a few springs.

That will be 3 GPs, 4 Gus, 4 HoH and 3 Nemesis authentics. Think I am good! :thumbs: Of course, I am not including the 20+ clone mechs (that never get used lately!).

Good stuff. My V4s are the best I've got.
3 V4s, Heron (coming), soon to be another v4, a heron v3 and spheroid v5 I hope so much.

Make sure if you want another V4 or spheroid you get on the little notification sheet on the VA website. Then the pre-order list!

Go on everybody. We want them V4s!!!

Btw, gutted its not there yet. Lucky your living back in time over there. Any chance it will come tonight?

Reactions: perseas

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Good stuff. My V4s are the best I've got.
3 V4s, Heron (coming), soon to be another v4, a heron v3 and spheroid v5 I hope so much.

Make sure if you want another V4 or spheroid you get on the little notification sheet on the VA website. Then the pre-order list!

Go on everybody. We want them V4s!!!

Btw, gutted its not there yet. Lucky your living back in time over there. Any chance it will come tonight?
Doubtful. likely tomorrow now.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been able to buy a v4 (and I have tried). Just a bit late each time. :( Ready to pull the trigger on one or two now, so hopefully more will be forthcoming.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Interesting read about the earlier Heron's. One of my Heron's that I bought used is suppose to be a V1... came with two bell caps with slightly different size/shape tubes (and a cotton cap). I just ran it with the same size cap as all my other Heron V1.5's though.

Have one of the Herons all cleaned up for when the 3rd 510 adapter gets here (still didn't find the other 2 adapters I have). Looking forward to trying a Heron on a regulated mod, probably with a RxW build in it.

Also have GP Dripper Pro plans already in place as well for when the package arrives. With the weekend fast approaching, probably Monday, but I'm not ruling Saturday completely out yet with the excellent CS that VA and DHL Europe is well known for. DHL USA is the weak link (in Las Vegas anyway).

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I am a bit irritated with myself that I missed the Piccolos, but my Paps Lux and GP drippers arrived yesterday, a day earlier than tracking said they would. :) The ultem cap looks absolutely fabulous on the Paps Lux and I'm so glad I picked them up. Thank you Perseas!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Very happy with my vapemail today! My 18500 V3 is awesome and even more awesome that the top and firing button fit on my GUS 18650 tubes!

The GP X came with the brass tube which is great and unexpected.

Thanks Perseas they will be used well and be well taken care of! :thumbs:

066A62F0-8DD3-40E5-A402-FDD9E64AC116_zpsbf7kcfav.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The GP X came with the brass tube which is great and unexpected.

The GP LUX tubes are actually aluminum bronze, not brass. As I understand it, aluminum bronze is harder, more conductive, more resistant to corrosion, and more expensive than brass. I also think that aluminum bronze patinas more evenly than brass and has less odor.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The GP LUX tubes are actually aluminum bronze, not brass. As I understand it, aluminum bronze is harder, more conductive, more resistant to corrosion, and more expensive than brass. I also think that aluminum bronze patinas more evenly than brass and has less odor.
Good point. I believe you are correct. I have an extra "aluminum bronze" GP tube and it does patina but you are right, it is very even vs. my other brass mechs.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Wow, Retro Heron V1 Please let me know, this phantastic relaunch include "better" bell against gurgling and chamber cap for fluff mods?
Thank you

The gurgling occurred in units from the first batches, but we sent to their owners corrected bells, afterwards. These units have corrected bells. The chamfer cap is present too. The counterfeits have uncorrected bells though :)

GP HERON UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread