Grand Inquisitor Tom Frieden lets his mask slip

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
CDC's "Dr" Frieden coins new term "interventional epidemiology" to depict his vision of policy-based evidence-making and institutionalized bullying for the future of the agency. Looks like he's willing to pursue his lifestyle interference agenda at all costs and by any means necessary. Poor Machiavelli must be stirring in his grave.

<quote>
Dr. Tom Frieden Verified account ‏@DrFriedenCDC
In public health, to succeed, you do whatever it takes. Politics and science are both necessary ingredients of interventional epidemiology.
<end quote>

https://twitter.com/DrFriedenCDC/status/600751634860224512

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
CDC's "Dr" Frieden coins new term "interventional epidemiology" to depict his vision of policy-based evidence-making and institutionalized bullying for the future of the agency. Looks like he's willing to pursue his lifestyle interference agenda at all costs and by any means necessary. Poor Machiavelli must be stirring in his grave.

<quote>
In public health, to succeed, you do whatever it takes. Politics and science are both necessary ingredients of interventional epidemiology.
<end quote>

Everyone who sees this post should send him a Tweet with a link to Clive Bates' article about if you're public health and the public hates you, you're doing it wrong.

Andria

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

<quote>
<end quote>

How about interventional demonology?
devil%20dance.gif

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
<end quote>

Great. Let's test the idea. I promise that I will never again touch smokes or vapes if, in exchange of this, the antz are tarred and feathered in Central Park. Let's make a list of quit volunteers and have the government's men with guns do "whatever it takes".

Oh wait. It was actually about "whatever it takes that doesn't affect me", eh?

Last edited:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Putting aside for a moment this man's sick need to control other people's lives, "whatever it takes", instead of minding his own {Moderated} business, I really must wonder:
Where exactly is the "science" part in this new "interventional epidemiology" ??
Can any of you see any "science" in all that garbage those people like to spread? What they call "scientific studies", I would call littering.
Am I the only one imagining someone dumping a trash can, every time I read any of said "studies" ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Putting aside for a moment this man's sick need to control other people's lives, "whatever it takes", instead of minding his own {moderated} business, I really must wonder:
Where exactly is the "science" part in this new "interventional epidemiology" ??
Can any of you see any "science" in all that garbage those people like to spread? What they call "scientific studies", I would call littering.
Am I the only one imagining someone dumping a trash can, every time I read any of said "studies" ??

I'm guessing 'junk science' has gotten too popular of a criticism. Like anything else these types do when something goes out of 'favor', they just change the words - communism is now 'climate change', liberal is progressive - the worst is 'on the dole' > relief > welfare > 'human resources' (the exact opposite concept of what it represents - human drain of resources).

'Interventional epidemiology' is just more junk science to justify intervention into people's lives. Nothing more.

Sorry Tom, changing words is not going to work when people know what you're actually doing and knowing why you're doing it. But to your credit, you rely on people being ignorant - and your educational system and your media lapdogs tend to help in your quest with people not knowing or caring what you're doing and why. But even with that, we found out how incompetent you were with the Ebola scare. I don't expect this new wording is going to change that.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Putting aside for a moment this man's sick need to control other people's lives, "whatever it takes", instead of minding his own {moderated} business, I really must wonder:

The medical profession is generally aware of what's going on:

http://www.mcgill.ca/prpp/files/prpp/leo_alexander_1949_---_medical_science_under_dictatorship.pdf

For the bigger picture google "scientific dictatorship"

P.S. Hi Kent! :p

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Tom was incorrect in his tweet. Science has nothing to do with "interventional epidemiology" in today's world, neither at the CDC or FDA. It's pure politics, plain and simple.

That being said, I have serious concerns over any government agency (or head of said agency) using the term "interventional" in the first place. Intervention? Like, what families do to help addicts? Do I need that from my government, especially one that is supposed to have "limited powers"? No, I don't, thanks.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I googled "interventional epidemiology" and saw that not only has it been discussed and attempted for years, it gave birth to translational medicine. Some of this could work in a better world, but it's so vulnerable to corruption that I have a hard time envisioning it not enbling more evil than good. Some of the goals are good, but Tom Frieden demonstrates very clearly how eager people are to abuse it when he says, "at all costs and by any means necessary".

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I googled "interventional epidemiology" and saw that not only has it been discussed and attempted for years, it gave birth to translational medicine. Some of this could work in a better world, but it's so vulnerable to corruption that I have a hard time envisioning it not enbling more evil than good. Some of the goals are good, but Tom Frieden demonstrates very clearly how eager people are to abuse it when he says, "at all costs and by any means necessary".

The 'bench to bedside' approach has some application as long as the one at your bedside isn't a gov't bureaucrat :lol: ... but that is exactly what the Affordable Care Act does. Both Palin and Gruber were telling the truth.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

Replying to myself: I misread. Tom Frieden didn't say "at all costs and by any means necessary". That was how DrMA interpreted Frieden's tweet. I agree with that interpretation. So, although that's not how Frieden said it, his words combined with his deeds highly suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread