Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
From my experience, this report isn't saying that the liquid contains 0.4% diacetyl. 0.4% is their limit for testing, i.e. they can't detect anything under that limit. The actual amount might be 0.39% or 0.2% or 0% - the company doing the testing can't tell.

I'm not trying to deny your throat irritation or anything like that. Just trying to clarify a bit.

From speaking with Tom, the Owner of Capella's, what's showing up isn't Diacetyl, rather, the Acetyl Proprionyl, which is in the mix and can show up as Diacetyl as it's almost identical with very minor differences in the chemical structure. It's not Diacetyl, it's one of the alternatives, but in testing, it's going to show up unless the GC/MS testing can dive in deeper than just looking for that one chemical. I don't even know if GC/MS testing would be best suited given the similar nature of the chemicals, but I'm not a scientist.

hardimen

Jan 13, 2014
usa
Having tried the original 15/2 % recipe and also the variation of 7.5/2 %, I am doing my own variation to this recipe.

Cap Vanilla Custard 6%
TFA Dulce de Leche 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%

I'll let this steep for a couple of weeks and hopefully the "chemical" aftertaste which I think comes from the Vanilla Custard will go away and the fresh cream will add more creaminess.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Having tried the original 15/2 % recipe and also the variation of 7.5/2 %, I am doing my own variation to this recipe.

Cap Vanilla Custard 6%
TFA Dulce de Leche 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%

I'll let this steep for a couple of weeks and hopefully the "chemical" aftertaste which I think comes from the Vanilla Custard will go away and the fresh cream will add more creaminess.
keep us updated :)

hardimen

Jan 13, 2014
usa

Cap Vanilla Custard 6%
TFA Dulce de Leche 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%

So after 3 weeks of steeping, I finally tried this recipe today. It is creamy and much better to me than the 15/2 or 7.5/2 combination. This recipe is creamier than the other two and the "chemical" aftertaste is no longer present. Perhaps the Fresh Cream is adding much to the creaminess or maybe "less is more" applies to Cap Vanilla Custard. The sweetness is also more apparent. Again, I don't know if Fresh Cream had anything to do with it or perhaps because there is less Vanilla Custard, the sweetness of Dulce de Leche was able to come out more.

So far, this is the creamiest vanilla I have done to date but I am not yet done. I just recently got a hold of TFA French Vanilla Deluxe and I have another batch that is steeping.

All I can say (as far my experience goes), with Vanilla's - lesser total flavoring seems to get me more vanilla flavor and creaminess. I have done Vanilla recipes with 20-30% flavoring and those did not come out well.

I will make another test batch following my 10% total flavoring method:

Cap Vanilla Custard 4%
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe 2% ***
TFA Caramel Candy 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
PG/VG 30/70
*** FYI: contains Acetoin, Acetyl Propionyl which is not recommended for vaping. Use at your own risk.

I am hoping for more creaminess and sweetness. I will report back in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
of coarse its the fresh cream !!!!!! lol jk I dont know but I do love the FA fresh cream
. Again, I don't know if Fresh Cream had anything to do with it ..........................
Cap Vanilla Custard 4%
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe 2% ***
TFA Caramel Candy 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%
PG/VG 30/70

Ive made almost this exact recipe . pretty good............. another good twist is replace the french vanilla with 2% FA jamaican rum . and with or without the carmel

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've been planning on making this for a few months now,and finally got the capellas vanilla custard yesterday,so made a batch of the original post last night.I gave it a quick hot water bath,and all i can say is wow.I know this small 5ml batch won't last long enough for a proper steep,so i am going to make a 30ml to use right after this one,and another 50ml with the 7.5% that i can let sit for a few weeks so i can get a true fully steeped bottle ready.This stuff is great.

Last edited:

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
As far as latest to date blend. Which one of these blends would come close to CLS, which is Custards Last Stand made by Nicoticket. I have not been lucky enough to vape or taste GVC, but I have heard that CLS is a very close flavor. So if I were to attempt to make GVC, would one of the recipes given in this thread be the closest, if so, which one or is there a new recipe that you have created that is even closet?

Reading these forums gets me so pumped up to make juice it drives me crazy. I have not made my own per say yet, I take the numbers and have them made for me with trying all the flavors and mixing them on my on, I kind of mix and get what I like, then I tally up the flavors I used and get a big bottle made. ....lol.........I know it sounds redneck, buy hey...I do live in New Orleans...I just need to buckle down and order me some DIY paraphernalia and get mixing already instead of my current process.

I just made a blend of:
2.0 vanilla custard
0.5 whipped cream
0.5 Bavarian cream

70/30 VG/PG blend

120 mg

Right now it has that not ready taste and smell of licorice. This is my first mix to create a sweet vanilla custard. It actually smells like Mr RiPs when I first received it. And it became a great ADV after about 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how this batch comes out.

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
You may want to try heat steeping it.I did that with the 5 and 30 ml bottles i made of this recipe,and after heat steeping and then letting sit overnight,it is perfect.

I will try a 15 ml bottle tonight and let you know. Thanks for the tip. So you have had this mix before or a close similar?

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
You may want to try heat steeping it. I did that with the 5 and 30 ml bottles i made of this recipe, and after heat steeping and then letting sit overnight, it is perfect.

What is your heat steeping process? I do have 6mg of nicotine in my blend as well. I don't want to lose too much nicotine if I can avoid it. Just nor sure of the heat steeping process other than very warm water and then let sit overnight....What do you recommend?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
No,i haven't tried a mix like you have,i was referring to the grants clone,although yours got me thinking that i may very well try that mix too,as i am finding custard blends are definitely my favorite.As far as the method of heat steeping,i follow a post i seen on here a while back,i put a coffee cup of water in the microwave for 1-1.5 minutes depending on the size of bottle i am using,then when i take the water out i put the bottle in it,let it sit about 5 minutes,take it out,shake it,and put it back in.I repeat the shaking about every 15 minutes or so after that until the water is down to room temp.,then let the bottle sit overnight in a dark cabinet.I don't know for sure,but i don't think i'm losing much nic content,because if i vape just a bit too much,i still that over done it feeling where you start to get a bit light headed and dizzy haha.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I'm not a big fan of dulce de leche and I don't taste it in GVC. Nonetheless, I mixed up a batch as described in the OP with dulce de leche, and it doesn't taste like GVC (I taste the dulce de leche which I do not like). I recently mixed up a batch of straight VC and I'm waiting for it to steep.

I've been vaping a lot of GVC lately and I need to amend my statement above about dulce de leche. Although I don't typically taste it in GVC as I vape it, I have been noticing lately it when I switch from some other juices to GVC. I think it's very subtle, but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread