Not open for further replies.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Apologies in advance~! I have not tried DIY, and am not really (yet) into the hobby aspect of vaping. I vape instead of smoking, and am still in the 'simple' phase - I want to just vape.

I *love* GVC and consider it my all time favorite. Due to fixed-income and all that crap, MBV $49 bucks for 320ml is more my speed price-wise. However (no offense), I have not found any vanilla-type MBV-brand juice that I like. Am talking ADV here.

In your opinions, what seems about the closest to GVC, but available in the US, and hopefully at a bit lower price? I did try CLS a year or so ago and wasn't thrilled at that time.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
WharfRat.....very nice!! Scored a big bottle. If you don't mind me asking, what did shipping run you??

7ac6214ccfa93ba99ae704e92328f642.jpg

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Apologies in advance~! I have not tried DIY, and am not really (yet) into the hobby aspect of vaping. I vape instead of smoking, and am still in the 'simple' phase - I want to just vape.

I *love* GVC and consider it my all time favorite. Due to fixed-income and all that crap, MBV $49 bucks for 320ml is more my speed price-wise. However (no offense), I have not found any vanilla-type MBV-brand juice that I like. Am talking ADV here.

In your opinions, what seems about the closest to GVC, but available in the US, and hopefully at a bit lower price? I did try CLS a year or so ago and wasn't thrilled at that time.

Hey Peter-
Try Blends By Bryce: https://blendsbybryce.com/ His Vanilla Pudding and Vanilla Custard are superb and his delivery time is Superman/Santa Clause fast. Check out his thread in the Suppliers forum. Good guy with a great product.

P.s. I got a bottle of Grant's from the Classies. I like Bryce's more.

15% cap vc, 5% lorann bc, 2.5% tfa ddl, 2.5% tfa mm, 2% em, 2 or 3 drops per ten ml of smooth, sweetener, cinnamon sugar cookie. Curing for a couple days now... about out of my butterscotch tobacco so I'm gonna fill the tank with this by the end of the day. After the initial test I will make some slight adjustments but this is the base recipe I decided to use after following this thread for some time. Will post results in a day or so.

Edit: This mixed into 100% vg at 12mg nic so it will come out to about 73% vg and around 9mg nic. This is my regular mix.

Edit: After vaping it for a day I realized that the BC is a bit overpowering... will cut it back a little... very sweet and creamy but a little too sweet... almost tastes like a vanilla oreo... definitely not bad. Actually it's a great vape but just not what I was going for lol. A happy mistake. I may just call it Vanilla Oreo :)

@WharfRat1976: I have the exact same setup... blue DNA30 clone, 1.2oh RBA deck on the STMini @ 20w. Great vape. I use a 3200mah KP IMR and I only have to fill and recharge once a day. This definitely my favorite setup out of all that I own. You have good taste.

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
WharfRat.....very nice!! Scored a big bottle. If you don't mind me asking, what did shipping run you??
You know I can't remember what the shipping was. It was not insanely outrageous. Not as bad as getting a box of KGD that's for sure. It was more than 5 bucks for sure...maybe 7 or 8?

• Creative
Reactions: SCOTT-3

sUPERIORITE

Mar 26, 2015
Superior, WI
I did mix up a batch using the original recipe in this post.
I can still taste the DDL and I am not a huge fan of that flavor, tastes almost like an alcohol aftertaste. Mine has been steeping for about 2 weeks now. I used the V2 maybe that is the reason.

I had also made a batch with the same original recipe using V2 custard.
However I also added 4% Cake batter from Flavor Envy and 2 drops butter TFA per 10ml
The flavor is much smoother with this than the original.
However I know I used the V2 custard vs the V1.
Just what I have experienced this far.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
:) I know this is kind of OT but I made two great recipes with Capella Vanilla Custard V1 and wanted to share. Both are in a 75VG/25PG base and after a full month of steeping, these taste SO good!!!

10% CAP VC
6% FA Banana
4% TFA Graham Cracker Clear

10% CAP VC
4% TFA Butterscotch
2% TFA Caramel original

Now, I have some TFA Dulce De Leche. Looking forward to trying that recipe! :p

Reactions: atroph

dripdrip

Sep 17, 2014
Custardvania
I made my first DIY E-liquid couple of days ago, I like GVC I was lucky to obtain a 30ml bottle last month from a friend of mine in the UK and it was one of many reasons why I turned to make my own liquid.

7% Vanilla Custard
2% Dulce de Leche
1% Graham Cracker
0.5% Egg Nog

I did the warm water method and after couple of days I tasted it, it was good but I noticed the caramel from DDL is a bit high, should I wait till the ideal steep time and all the flavors mix properly? or should I add more VC and VG?

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'm really disapointed with the result I've gotten so far, to me, so far, it seems to burn and have a really burnt taste.

I've made the GVC clone at:
12% CAP Vanilla Custard V2
2% TFA Dulce de Leche
1% EM
50/50 PG/VG
6% nic

I've dripped it close to every other day for four days so far, in a IGO-W and Magma clone, both with around .8ohm and at very low wattages. I don't think this is something that steeping is gonna fix. It does smell really good, though.

Unless someone else has a really good idea of what's gone wrong, I'm going to put together single flavor mixes of the Vanilla Custard and the Delce de Leche at low percentages, and try to find out where I like them individually. After that I think I'll have a better idea of what percentages for when I try the GVC again.

I really like custards, and really looked forward to this clone. This first-time miss really disappointed me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Let me start by saying I have never tried the real GVC. I was surfing the clone recipes and saw the one being discussed and thought there was way too much flavouring for my liking, any thing above 15% I consider too much.
I found and made this one, another so called GVC clone
4% Vanilla Custard
3% French Vanilla
3% New York Cheese Cake
1% Sweetener

Like I said I can't say if it's like GVC But it's not bad :)

Reactions: PC Doctor STL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread