Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Ooooh, you got the orange one! That's the one I would get too, for sure. It's absolutely gorgeous, and it definitely does pair up nicely with the Mage! :)

I always laugh when people complain about the higher-wattage mods not actually hitting the top wattage. Who vapes at 213 watts anyway??? How is that any better than, say, 180 watts, lol?! I never vape over 35 watts anyway, but I do like knowing that I have the potential to do so if I am ever so inclined. I keep the Ultimo between 30 and 35 and that's by far the highest wattage I use. Of course I am a tank user only, though. No fancy coil builds for this #lazyvaper. :D

Yep! I couldn't resist it. The blue one is very nice, too... but that orange just wouldn't let me go! :lol: You should see it in person... pictures just don't do it justice!

Hahahahaha!!! Exactly! I've gone as high as 150W for a very brief moment... about 3 puffs... that was it. Back down to my regular 50W range for rebuildable stuff. For the cCells, I've always settled around 30-35W in the end. But even in all of my tanks and RDAs, I still keep it simple. Single strand, around 7 wraps, and the largest diameter that'll fit in the atty (usually around 3mm I.D.). I tried clapton coils the other day... I didn't like them. They took waaaaaaay too long to heat up, and the flavor wasn't any better than any other build that I've made. Too much trouble for absolutely no gain, IMHO. And I had to push the wattage to 100W, just to heat 'em up! That's just killin' my batteries faster for no good reason. :p

So I guess I'm a #lazyvaper too! :lol::lol:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yep! I couldn't resist it. The blue one is very nice, too... but that orange just wouldn't let me go! :lol: You should see it in person... pictures just don't do it justice!

Hahahahaha!!! Exactly! I've gone as high as 150W for a very brief moment... about 3 puffs... that was it. Back down to my regular 50W range for rebuildable stuff. For the cCells, I've always settled around 30-35W in the end. But even in all of my tanks and RDAs, I still keep it simple. Single strand, around 7 wraps, and the largest diameter that'll fit in the atty (usually around 3mm I.D.). I tried clapton coils the other day... I didn't like them. They took waaaaaaay too long to heat up, and the flavor wasn't any better than any other build that I've made. Too much trouble for absolutely no gain, IMHO. And I had to push the wattage to 100W, just to heat 'em up! That's just killin' my batteries faster for no good reason. :p

So I guess I'm a #lazyvaper too! :lol::lol:
Exactly! I tried a few different Claptons and I also found them to be too much trouble. I HATE waiting for ramp-up time. Instant gratification, please! :D I gave up on building my own coils, at least for now. I never found my sweet spot with them. I would either burn through the middle of the wick or wind up with a coil that touched the sides of the atty or some other issue so I decided I am just better off using premades, and since I get all the flavor and vapor I want from a couple of them I'm good on that. For now, anyway. :D

I really do love the color orange Sigelei chose for the Fuchai. It's absolutely gorgeous. I have a feeling I would be doomed if I ever met one in person, lol!

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I really do love the color orange Sigelei chose for the Fuchai. It's absolutely gorgeous. I have a feeling I would be doomed if I ever met one in person, lol!

lol, took the words right out of my mouth! :D

Sharp looking mod for sure Kaz!

I don't recall where I saw them but the other day I stumbled across some ceramic replacement coils ... they looked identical to the insides of the the cCells but I've never seen one of those shells taken apart without destroying it. It did make me wonder what shell they were designed to be used in, unfortunately it didn't say. :( It would be nice if we could just take out and replace the ceramic cores on these cCells though.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Exactly! I tried a few different Claptons and I also found them to be too much trouble. I HATE waiting for ramp-up time. Instant gratification, please! :D I gave up on building my own coils, at least for now. I never found my sweet spot with them. I would either burn through the middle of the wick or wind up with a coil that touched the sides of the atty or some other issue so I decided I am just better off using premades, and since I get all the flavor and vapor I want from a couple of them I'm good on that. For now, anyway. :D

:D Yep! I want my vapor, and I want it NOW! I do alright with building my own, though... 26g seems to be my perfect gauge... heats quickly, cools quickly, is easy to wrap and holds its shape when wicking. Works better for me if the wraps are spaced apart, rather than compressed together. If you ever wanna try your hand at rebuilding again, let me know. I've got some build pictorials for a couple tanks and RDAs that I could share with ya.

LOL! Yeah, the orange is definitely somethin' special... the blue really isn't bad, either. I didn't survive seeing it online... had I found it in person first, I'd have given them ALL my moneyz!!

I don't recall where I saw them but the other day I stumbled across some ceramic replacement coils ... they looked identical to the insides of the the cCells but I've never seen one of those shells taken apart without destroying it. It did make me wonder what shell they were designed to be used in, unfortunately it didn't say. :( It would be nice if we could just take out and replace the ceramic cores on these cCells though.

Thanks, NGA! I really do love this little thing... I'm still impressed by the size of it, considering that it's a two batt mod. Decent weight, and just feels solid.

I saw those, too! Apparently, they can be used in the Melo RTA. @salemgold was telling me about them and some options. She found them on FastTech. She's super friendly and helpful, so I'm sure that my tagging her here will bring her around and she can tell you more about them than I ever could. :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The Fuchai is great! I'd read a lot of things talking about how bad the TC was, but it's been perfect for me. I found mine on FT for about $50, and it is the best mod that I've ever spent money on! The biggest complaint that I read about was that it doesn't truly hit 213W as advertised... so what. I've been running it in TC mode since I got it, and it never hits over 60W, and even then, it's only for a second or so. Besides... how sexy is this?
View attachment 600679

That orange is more of an anodized color than it is orange paint, and I think the Mage just looks awesome on it. :D

Hmmmmm... Joyetech Ultimo, huh? Now don't you go tryin' to get me to buy more gear! :lol:

Hey Kz, that is a nice looking mod. I ordered a few during a DOD sale last Friday. Got them for $25 each. One is bronze and I am guessing that it is actually the same color as yours.:thumb: They are out for delivery now. :D

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
:D
I saw those, too! Apparently, they can be used in the Melo RTA. @salemgold was telling me about them and some options. She found them on FastTech. She's super friendly and helpful, so I'm sure that my tagging her here will bring her around and she can tell you more about them than I ever could. :)

Yes. They have the ceramic cores at FT for about $3 per bag of 10. I bought some after seeing a reviewer there say that they are a perfect fit for the ECR. There is another member that tried one in an ECR recently. It did fit but she is having unknown issues with shorts.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hey Kz, that is a nice looking mod. I ordered a few during a DOD sale last Friday. Got them for $25 each. One is bronze and I am guessing that it is actually the same color as yours.:thumb: They are out for delivery now. :D

Thanks for stopping by, Salem! NGA was wondering about the cores, and I figured you'd be just the person to ask. ;)

I suspect that you're gonna love it! I saw them at Element vape, also. Apparently they have them in pink and a bunch of other colors too, but everything was OOS there except for the orange. For $25, I'd buy a full half dozen of them!! That's an absolute steal for this mod!!! Congrats on the awesome deal!!

Yes. They have the ceramic cores at FT for about $3 per bag of 10. I bought some after seeing a reviewer there say that they are a perfect fit for the ECR. There is another member that tried one in an ECR recently. It did fit but she is having unknown issues with shorts.

Hmmmmm... weird shorting issues... that's a PITA. I still need to order some, myself. I'm wondering if I can get them to work in the RBA head of the Mvape M1 Plus tank... I'm still having trouble figuring out how to build that tiny little thing... :facepalm: It's about time that my lack of prior research kicked me in the ....... :lol:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for stopping by, Salem! NGA was wondering about the cores, and I figured you'd be just the person to ask. ;)

I suspect that you're gonna love it! I saw them at Element vape, also. Apparently they have them in pink and a bunch of other colors too, but everything was OOS there except for the orange. For $25, I'd buy a full half dozen of them!! That's an absolute steal for this mod!!! Congrats on the awesome deal!!

You should check out the Notcigs thread. She talks about the short issues there. :)

Hmmmmm... weird shorting issues... that's a PITA. I still need to order some, myself. I'm wondering if I can get them to work in the RBA head of the Mvape M1 Plus tank... I'm still having trouble figuring out how to build that tiny little thing... :facepalm: It's about time that my lack of prior research kicked me in the ....... :lol:

You should check out the Notcigs thread. She talks about the short issues there. :)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I still need to order some, myself. I'm wondering if I can get them to work in the RBA head of the Mvape M1 Plus tank...

Lol, I was wondering the same thing but with a Triton RBA that I have ... like you, I haven't even tried to build a regular coil on it yet. :lol:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Lol, I was wondering the same thing but with a Triton RBA that I have ... like you, I haven't even tried to build a regular coil on it yet. :lol:

Except that I've tried twice... once with a small notch coil, and once with a regular coil that I wrapped... both times, I can't seem to get it to make connection on the positive lead... :confused: Not sure how you're supposed to get it to connect right...

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Except that I've tried twice... once with a small notch coil, and once with a regular coil that I wrapped... both times, I can't seem to get it to make connection on the positive lead... :confused: Not sure how you're supposed to get it to connect right...

I don't even get credit for trying ... looked at how small it was and figured I'd need a microscope in order to install a coil in it so I left it as a rainy day project. :D

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Yes. They have the ceramic cores at FT for about $3 per bag of 10.

Hmm, I looked for these and couldn't find them ... do you remember what they were listed as by chance? They didn't come up with a search for 'ceramic coil'. :(

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I don't even get credit for trying ... looked at how small it was and figured I'd need a microscope in order to install a coil in it so I left it as a rainy day project. :D

I couldn't help myself... it was so different from my RDAs and RTAs that I just had to tinker with it. :lol:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

Yes it would! I haven't been able to get a cCell apart, either. I am REALLY hoping that these new EUC coils are the answer to a ceramic "rebuildable." I am waiting for a pack of coils and an adapter so I can test them out. I am also getting the Estoc tank, which doesn't require the adapter. Hopefully these little cores work great both ways. It's a whole lot cheaper for a 10-pack of them than it is for a 5-pack of cCells! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
:D Yep! I want my vapor, and I want it NOW! I do alright with building my own, though... 26g seems to be my perfect gauge... heats quickly, cools quickly, is easy to wrap and holds its shape when wicking. Works better for me if the wraps are spaced apart, rather than compressed together. If you ever wanna try your hand at rebuilding again, let me know. I've got some build pictorials for a couple tanks and RDAs that I could share with ya.

LOL! Yeah, the orange is definitely somethin' special... the blue really isn't bad, either. I didn't survive seeing it online... had I found it in person first, I'd have given them ALL my moneyz!!

Thanks, NGA! I really do love this little thing... I'm still impressed by the size of it, considering that it's a two batt mod. Decent weight, and just feels solid.

She ordered some of them, so I am anxiously awaiting her opinion of those little cores! I didn't even know they existed until she pointed me to them. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Uh oh! I hope you have better luck with them. They have to fit into something, right?? :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

Wait, there's a PINK one??? Uh oh. Do I really want to go look? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread