Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah, I know that b.m. has a couple and absolutely loves them, too. I was talking to my wife this weekend about how much I really like this one and that I wish I had a blue one to go with it. She told me to go ahead and order one. :laugh: Didn't get around to it this weekend, but I'll get one ordered real soon! Before she changes her mind! ;):lol::lol:

CONGRATS on 15 years, CA!! YAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment, and an ongoing journey! So happy for you! :wub:
Woo hoo! Your wife is a real gem! The blue one is just beautiful. I am still waiting for my paypal credit but the second it hits my account I am ordering the pink one. A friend of mine just won a contest here and she ordered the pink Fuchai! I hope there's a fan club somewhere around this forum or I will probably hijack your thread when I get it. oops. :D

Thank you for the congrats! It's an incredible journey, that's for sure. I am grateful every, single day that I made the decision to live that day 15 years ago. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have lived long enough to find my way to ECF! :)

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Woo hoo! Your wife is a real gem! The blue one is just beautiful. I am still waiting for my paypal credit but the second it hits my account I am ordering the pink one. A friend of mine just won a contest here and she ordered the pink Fuchai! I hope there's a fan club somewhere around this forum or I will probably hijack your thread when I get it. oops. :D

Thank you for the congrats! It's an incredible journey, that's for sure. I am grateful every, single day that I made the decision to live that day 15 years ago. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have lived long enough to find my way to ECF! :)

Hahahaha! Yes, yes she is. I am incredibly lucky that she said "Yes" to me 17 years ago. :):wub:
Hijack away, Darlin'... I ain't picky. :p Or maybe we could just start a Fuchai Fanclub thread around here somewhere...

Absolutely!!! We all have demons from our past; it's how we choose to live each day of our future that matters! Besides, had you not made that decision 15 years ago, I'd never have had the opportunity to meet such an awesome friend! :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I know that b.m. has a couple and absolutely loves them, too. I was talking to my wife this weekend about how much I really like this one and that I wish I had a blue one to go with it. She told me to go ahead and order one. :laugh: Didn't get around to it this weekend, but I'll get one ordered real soon! Before she changes her mind! ;):lol::lol:
Yeah,definitely great little mods.I have the orange,and the blue one,and plan to get the grey/gunmetal one soon.Of course,now i have to get a new orange one too.When i was leaving work yesterday,i got in too much of a rush,and it flew out of my hand and hit the concrete about 4 feet in front of me,the mod survived the fall,but the screen cracked,so the display doesn't show now.At least the mod still works,so i now know that these are durable too haha.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah,definitely great little mods.I have the orange,and the blue one,and plan to get the grey/gunmetal one soon.Of course,now i have to get a new orange one too.When i was leaving work yesterday,i got in too much of a rush,and it flew out of my hand and hit the concrete about 4 feet in front of me,the mod survived the fall,but the screen cracked,so the display doesn't show now.At least the mod still works,so i now know that these are durable too haha.

Nooooooo!!!! Say it ain't so! Poor Fuchai got a broke screen... :( Now I haz a sad...
I'm definitely gonna be getting a blue one soon. I'm gonna try to keep it put away so that I'll have a good, working spare in case anything happens to Penny (that's what I named the orange one). I bet that grey/gunmetal one would be pretty sweet, too... too bad the Mage only comes in SS and Black... I'd love to have it in gunmetal to match the mod a little better...

Reactions: cooladdict

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Nooooooo!!!! Say it ain't so! Poor Fuchai got a broke screen... :( Now I haz a sad...
I'm definitely gonna be getting a blue one soon. I'm gonna try to keep it put away so that I'll have a good, working spare in case anything happens to Penny (that's what I named the orange one). I bet that grey/gunmetal one would be pretty sweet, too... too bad the Mage only comes in SS and Black... I'd love to have it in gunmetal to match the mod a little better...
Yeah,i was not a happy man at the time haha.The sight of your mod flying through the air,slamming down on the concrete,and seeing the batteries go rolling was not a sight i ever want to see again,it was horrifying haha.I thought for sure it was done,but i picked it up,reinstalled the batteries,and then seen the screen cracked in like 6 places,but when i pushed the power button,everything else still works,so i wasn't quite as sad anymore.Other than the screen,and a very small chip in the paint,it survived the battle,and surprisingly the glass on my Griffin didn't break either.
That's exactly what i've done with my blue one.I used it for a day when i first got it just to make sure everything was working as it should,then put it back in the box,and in the drawer with the rest of my back up stash.I pulled it out yesterday and used it for a while,mainly because since i can't see the screen on the orange one,i didn't know if my settings got knocked out of whack,so i used the blue to count the button clicks to see where i needed to be.Just an fyi,since i had to do that yesterday,if anyone ever needs to count the clicks,from the lowest setting,it takes 350 clicks of the up button to get to 45 watts haha.
Oh,and on the Mage,the black would probably look really good on it.I have a black Griffin on my orange,and it looks good against the grey trim.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah,i was not a happy man at the time haha.The sight of your mod flying through the air,slamming down on the concrete,and seeing the batteries go rolling was not a sight i ever want to see again,it was horrifying haha.I thought for sure it was done,but i picked it up,reinstalled the batteries,and then seen the screen cracked in like 6 places,but when i pushed the power button,everything else still works,so i wasn't quite as sad anymore.Other than the screen,and a very small chip in the paint,it survived the battle,and surprisingly the glass on my Griffin didn't break either.
That's exactly what i've done with my blue one.I used it for a day when i first got it just to make sure everything was working as it should,then put it back in the box,and in the drawer with the rest of my back up stash.I pulled it out yesterday and used it for a while,mainly because since i can't see the screen on the orange one,i didn't know if my settings got knocked out of whack,so i used the blue to count the button clicks to see where i needed to be.Just an fyi,since i had to do that yesterday,if anyone ever needs to count the clicks,from the lowest setting,it takes 350 clicks of the up button to get to 45 watts haha.
Oh,and on the Mage,the black would probably look really good on it.I have a black Griffin on my orange,and it looks good against the grey trim.

I know what you mean. The other day, I knocked Penny off of the coffee table in the living room. Not much of a drop, but when she hit the wood floor and batteries went everywhere, I flipped out. Snatched her up like Gollum holding on to The One Ring and inspected her closely. No damage. Mage was still good to go, too, so I put the batteries back in and went right back to vaping... :D Of course, I then went and grabbed the little silicone sleeve and put that on... I'm paranoid.
350 clicks to get to 45W, huh? LOL... good to know. I've been running in TC mode with SS316L since I got mine. Haven't even tried wattage mode yet... :facepalm:
And you're right, the black Mage looks really good... I'm glad that I didn't get the SS... the black doesn't match exactly, but it's close enough that it isn't bad at all against the grey trim. :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I know what you mean. The other day, I knocked Penny off of the coffee table in the living room. Not much of a drop, but when she hit the wood floor and batteries went everywhere, I flipped out. Snatched her up like Gollum holding on to The One Ring and inspected her closely. No damage. Mage was still good to go, too, so I put the batteries back in and went right back to vaping... :D Of course, I then went and grabbed the little silicone sleeve and put that on... I'm paranoid.
350 clicks to get to 45W, huh? LOL... good to know. I've been running in TC mode with SS316L since I got mine. Haven't even tried wattage mode yet... :facepalm:
And you're right, the black Mage looks really good... I'm glad that I didn't get the SS... the black doesn't match exactly, but it's close enough that it isn't bad at all against the grey trim. :D
Yeah,i don't like that silicone sleeve at all because it hides the color,but i think i will start using it while out of the house,don't want to risk another episode haha.
On wattage mode,each click of the button takes it up or down by .1,so it takes 10 clicks to get from say 20 to 21 watts,i almost gave up after clicking the button about 200 times,talk about a daunting task haha.I kept thinking "is it really worth all of this when i have a perfectly good one sitting right there",but i decided yes it was definitely worth it to have that nice orange color,the blue is nice,but it definitely ain't no comparison to the orange haha.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah,i don't like that silicone sleeve at all because it hides the color,but i think i will start using it while out of the house,don't want to risk another episode haha.
On wattage mode,each click of the button takes it up or down by .1,so it takes 10 clicks to get from say 20 to 21 watts,i almost gave up after clicking the button about 200 times,talk about a daunting task haha.I kept thinking "is it really worth all of this when i have a perfectly good one sitting right there",but i decided yes it was definitely worth it to have that nice orange color,the blue is nice,but it definitely ain't no comparison to the orange haha.

Hahahaha! Yeah, and I saw some other ones on Amazon that are full sleeves. They don't allow access to the battery door, but they protect better, and come in different color patterns. I may pick up a couple of those. I'm definitely not a fan of the sleeve that came with it, but it'll do for now. I agree, though... I hate covering up that awesome orange! At least I feel safe enough at home to run it without the sleeve most of the time.

It's all good, though... once you get your wattage (or temp, or whatever) set, it doesn't need much messing with... even taking the batteries out doesn't reset the settings! :thumbs:

Reactions: cooladdict

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It's all good, though... once you get your wattage (or temp, or whatever) set, it doesn't need much messing with... even taking the batteries out doesn't reset the settings! :thumbs:
Yeah,i realized if you push the power button and the down button at the same time,it will lock the buttons so if you accidentally hit the up or down,it won't change the setting,so after my 350 clicks,i prompty locked the setting so i don't have to go through that again haha.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hahahaha! Yes, yes she is. I am incredibly lucky that she said "Yes" to me 17 years ago. :):wub:
Hijack away, Darlin'... I ain't picky. :p Or maybe we could just start a Fuchai Fanclub thread around here somewhere...

Absolutely!!! We all have demons from our past; it's how we choose to live each day of our future that matters! Besides, had you not made that decision 15 years ago, I'd never have had the opportunity to meet such an awesome friend! :D
Well we need to decide what to do soon because my pink Fuchai is ON IT'S WAY!!! Delivery is scheduled for Monday but I could actually have it by Saturday! :)

Congratulations on 17 wonderful years. It's easy to tell in the tone of your posts that you are still madly in love. It's wonderful to see! :wub:

D'awww, you are a very sweet friend! I'm so glad my life led me here. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh nooo! That sickening feeling when your mod leaves your hand, amirite? :(

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That's serious dedication, lol! I'm glad you had the blue one to work off of, but I bet your thumb was throbbing! :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's serious dedication, lol! I'm glad you had the blue one to work off of, but I bet your thumb was throbbing! :D
haha,yeah that dedication came real close to going away,it was horrible haha.The whole time i expected my wife or one of the kids to come in the room and make me loose count.If that would of happened,i think i would have given up haha.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah,it was a horrible feeling,gives you that sick feeling right in your stomach,and the worst part was it seemed like it was happening in slow motion haha.
I know! It's like watching a horror movie, lol! Twice now I have had too many mods all clustered together on my side table and when I went to set the one I was holding down I hit one, creating a domino effect with all of them. Doors, batteries and mods EVERYWHERE. Ugh, it's just a sick, sick feeling, lol. I'm already worried about my Fuchai and I don't even have it yet! :D I think I will order a clear Jwrap for it, though. I have wraps on a few of my mods and they work well to prevent scuffs and dings, but not so much for a full-on hand fling. Maybe I will just suck it up and use the sleeve when I am out and about. Probably better get both, actually. If I use this mod as much as I think I am going to, it will need all the help it can get. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
haha,yeah that dedication came real close to going away,it was horrible haha.The whole time i expected my wife or one of the kids to come in the room and make me loose count.If that would of happened,i think i would have given up haha.
LOL! I doubt I could have made it to 350 even without interruption. That's a lot of button presses! Reminds me of a sound system I had for my TV once that didn't have a code in my Comcast remote. I spent the better part of an hour pressing the remote buttons to find the right code by hand. I finally found it, but when I eventually had to change the batteries in that remote I lost the code and never did re-enter it. It was exhausting the first time. :D

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah,i realized if you push the power button and the down button at the same time,it will lock the buttons so if you accidentally hit the up or down,it won't change the setting,so after my 350 clicks,i prompty locked the setting so i don't have to go through that again haha.

Oh yeah... I was mistaken. If you take the batteries out, you are screwed. It does NOT keep the settings, and you'll have to go through that again. Your best bet is gonna be to use the onboard charger. It does work VERY well, though it seems to cut off before the batteries get to 4.2V... seems that mine are usually around 4.12V or so when I charge through the mod. But the balanced charging circuit inside is very fast. It allows for 2A charging for each battery. :D

Well we need to decide what to do soon because my pink Fuchai is ON IT'S WAY!!! Delivery is scheduled for Monday but I could actually have it by Saturday! :)

Congratulations on 17 wonderful years. It's easy to tell in the tone of your posts that you are still madly in love. It's wonderful to see! :wub:

D'awww, you are a very sweet friend! I'm so glad my life led me here. :)

AWESOME!!! So, I guess one of us is gonna have to start a thread... I can prolly do that sometime tomorrow. Gotta head out of here soon and get some stuff taken care of. Hopefully you'll have it by Saturday, though! :D

Thank you! Yes, I do still love her dearly; and she, me. We've been through our fair share of rough patches, and we are still going through one. This whole cancer thing has put things into perspective for both of us, though. But at least we are fighting it together!

:D I feel the same way! I'm very grateful for all of the friends that I've found through here... a lot of them even feel more like family than friends... well... family that you actually like. :lol:

I know! It's like watching a horror movie, lol! Twice now I have had too many mods all clustered together on my side table and when I went to set the one I was holding down I hit one, creating a domino effect with all of them. Doors, batteries and mods EVERYWHERE. Ugh, it's just a sick, sick feeling, lol. I'm already worried about my Fuchai and I don't even have it yet! :D I think I will order a clear Jwrap for it, though. I have wraps on a few of my mods and they work well to prevent scuffs and dings, but not so much for a full-on hand fling. Maybe I will just suck it up and use the sleeve when I am out and about. Probably better get both, actually. If I use this mod as much as I think I am going to, it will need all the help it can get. :D

Excellent idea about the clear J-wrap! I need to remember to look for one of those... I'd also like to get one of the aftermarket silicone sleeves, because they cover the battery compartment, whereas the included sleeve does not.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Oh yeah... I was mistaken. If you take the batteries out, you are screwed. It does NOT keep the settings, and you'll have to go through that again. Your best bet is gonna be to use the onboard charger. It does work VERY well, though it seems to cut off before the batteries get to 4.2V... seems that mine are usually around 4.12V or so when I charge through the mod. But the balanced charging circuit inside is very fast. It allows for 2A charging for each battery. :D
You may have a different firmware than mine then.Before the screen became invisible,i would take my batteries out to change them with another set,and my wattage was still set when i put them back in.Same with my blue one,it sat without batteries in it for a few weeks,and was still set at my wattage when i put the batteries in.Now,i may have to re lock the buttons,i'm not sure on that i'll have to check it with the blue one.I also don't know about holding temp control settings,since i don't use that,but for my simple settings it'll hold haha.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
You may have a different firmware than mine then.Before the screen became invisible,i would take my batteries out to change them with another set,and my wattage was still set when i put them back in.Same with my blue one,it sat without batteries in it for a few weeks,and was still set at my wattage when i put the batteries in.Now,i may have to re lock the buttons,i'm not sure on that i'll have to check it with the blue one.I also don't know about holding temp control settings,since i don't use that,but for my simple settings it'll hold haha.

Nice. I think mine held the temp setting, but it lost the pre-heat wattage setting, and I had to re-lock the resistance. I took the batteries out long enough to charge them on the charger, then put them back in. I wanted to see how much difference there was between onboard charging and charging them on the charger. Not much, so I'll probably just leave 'em in there from now on. Hahaha

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Nice. I think mine held the temp setting, but it lost the pre-heat wattage setting, and I had to re-lock the resistance. I took the batteries out long enough to charge them on the charger, then put them back in. I wanted to see how much difference there was between onboard charging and charging them on the charger. Not much, so I'll probably just leave 'em in there from now on. Hahaha
Yeah,if you had to re lock the resistance then i will most likely have to re lock the buttons too then,but that's easy enough,all i have to do is press the power and down button at the same time for like 5 seconds or whatever it is.The hard part will be remembering to do that each time haha.
I have used the onboard charging on a few other mods,and have thought about using it on this one,but now since i can't see the screen,i wouldn't know when it's done haha,so now i have to go from previous knowledge with this mod,i know i get 2 full days from a freshly charged set of batteries,so every other day i'll just swap them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread