Greeting from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
Hi everyone,

I live in Japan and started vaping and quit smoking 5 months ago.

I started my vape life with Innokin iTaste CLK and now use El Gigante and Cuboid. Mostly use RTA and RDA rather than normal tank atomizer.

In Japan, we have many problems for vaping; nicotine restriction, no price competition and etc... I have to learn global-standard knowledge about vaping from all of you.

Further, recently I have tried to stabilizing woods, as far, just try, error, error and error... But, I would like to show you when it works well.

Thanks.

Kenta

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
Hello Kenta. Enjoy your time here on ECF and good luck getting around all those Japanese restrictions. Can't be easy. We don't have too many restrictions here in the States but that could change and we could be joining you in your frustration.
Thank you, Bronze. I will enjoy ECF. Vape is newer here in Japan than the States, so I suppose restrictions and my frustration will reduce as the market grows.

Reactions: Bronze

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
If you can import mods/tanks, Fasttech (based in China) might be worth looking at.

Thanks, Susan. Yes, I am using Fasttech, and Everzon also. They offer cheaper price and especially Fasttech provides free international shipping. I hope Japanese shops would offer cheaper price or bargains more often.

Reactions: Susan~S

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Kenta Takahashi

I am glad to hear you found some good hardware.

Japan Tobacco Co. bought a UK cig-a-like company and I often thought "do they sell these in Japan now?"

They were called E-Lites in England and were quite astonishingly bad and incredibly expensive. I tried to quit with them, it didn't work.

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
Hi and welcome. What problems are you having with stabilizing wood? What method are you using? I have done the vacuum system, and thought it pretty easy.
The current problem is I spilled almost all activator for Cactus stabilizing juice onto ground by my mistake and I have to wait another juice and activator shipped from the U.S.

I use Cactus juice (MMA) and vacuum and heat-curing method. I made my own vacuum chamber by myself and it works well now. The errors is steps I passed in the now. Thanks.

The good thing through the steps is that I understand how I can double or multi dye wood blanks.

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
Welcome @Kenta Takahashi

I am glad to hear you found some good hardware.

Japan Tobacco Co. bought a UK cig-a-like company and I often thought "do they sell these in Japan now?"

They were called E-Lites in England and were quite astonishingly bad and incredibly expensive. I tried to quit with them, it didn't work.
JT doesn't sell E-lites in Japan as far. JT acquired E-lites in 2014, so I suppose they are developing their new product based on the knowledge and technology of E-lites. It will may be kind of a vaping product. As a similar case, JT acquired Ploom Inc, a U.S. company, for years ago. At first, they sold Ploom products as they were. Now, JT developed a new Ploom product, called Ploom Tech.
JT is facing a reduction of sales of tobacco products, so they have to develop alternatives. Now, they have Ploom which still uses tobacco leaves. The next step must be an exact vaping product.

I will meet one of my old friends working for JT tomorrow, will ask him although I am not sure he can answer.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you @Kenta Takahashi

If JT bought Ploom, they are very wise. E-Lites didn't own or develop any technology, that just got lucky selling cartomizer models except they adapted the thread or deliberately chose a hard-to-match thread size.

The latest E-lites technology is better and can reflect well on the JT, although I do not like meddling from tobacco companies.

The Japanese economy needs tobacco sales more than some, I guess? I can see there being lots of opposition to e-cigarettes.

Kenta Takahashi

May 3, 2016
Japan
Thank you @Kenta Takahashi
The Japanese economy needs tobacco sales more than some, I guess? I can see there being lots of opposition to e-cigarettes.
I don't think the Japanese economy needs tobacco sales instead of something else. Yes, tobacco is charged taxes and the amount of taxes is not small. But it can be replaced something new if the tobacco sales is reduced. More than economy, I suppose it relates to the history of JT. JT was fully owed by the government and 30% of its share is still owned today. Tobacco business was exclusively allowed to the government until 1985. It means that there still are lots of people kind of bureaucrat who believes they can earn money from their "exclusive business" and never let it go.

Reactions: djsvapour

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The current problem is I spilled almost all activator for Cactus stabilizing juice onto ground by my mistake and I have to wait another juice and activator shipped from the U.S.

I use Cactus juice (MMA) and vacuum and heat-curing method. I made my own vacuum chamber by myself and it works well now. The errors is steps I passed in the now. Thanks.

The good thing through the steps is that I understand how I can double or multi dye wood blanks.
I heard that. I use the same fluid, and I use the same method. I also made my canister, the round PVC pipe ones don't fit sheet goods well. FWIW, I have found it worth while to dry the wood at 200°F in an oven before attempting to stabilize it. It seems to absorb the chemical better. If you dry a bunch of it, and can't cure it all at one time, take it out of the oven and seal it in a plastic bag until you can get it into the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread