Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok, you mentioned work, presumably in the construction field. Now you have to consider durability.

None of this stuff is designed for dropping, especially when you start screwing extensions onto it - cartos or carto tanks, clearomizers etc. Dropping devices can cause a lot of stress to the threaded connector, seizing a device onto the connector and/or damaging the threads. In general the lower you go in price the cheaper the components. So while the 510 connector in a Tesla might survive drops, the softer brass connector in a Vamo - not so much. I can't say I have dropped my Tesla all that often, but it has survived.

Moving up the "device food chain" you may want to consider just dropping the big bucks on a Provari. Those seem to get used a lot by guys in the construction fields, get dropped a lot, and survive. It's also a "made in USA" device with great backing. One of the few PV's that a manufacturer actually repairs if needed.

eGo Twist or Vision Spinner? More often than not break and fall apart from a hard surface fall.

Just one other aspect of your use to consider. If you think there is any risk of hard surface falls at work skip right past the Twists or Spinners.

Mark_Henson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Congrats & Welcome to ECF! As an ex-smoker of 40 yrs, welcome to the great world of vaping. I can't speak to about the Tesla, but if you want something that is solid, with a good vape, look at the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0. Great battery life, solidly built. 101 Vape has it for $39.99 Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
ALSO, if you are looking at other APV's (advanced personal vaporizers) then check out the iTaste MVP 2.0. It is a box mod with an internal battery, variable voltage, variable wattage, ohms checker, etc. It is cheaper than the Tesla and you don't have to buy any batteries or a charger. I have one and it is my go-to mod. Hope this helps! Check out this link: Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Starter Kit - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

You beat me to it Ruby..... LoL

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Congrats & Welcome to ECF! As an ex-smoker of 40 yrs, welcome to the great world of vaping. I can't speak to about the Tesla, but if you want something that is solid, with a good vape, look at the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0. Great battery life, solidly built. 101 Vape has it for $39.99 Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

I completely concur!

Dan Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Hi Cee64E,

I'm new to the forum and pretty new to vaping as well.

I was (that's nice to say) a 1.5 - 2 pad smoker for 45 years and had no intention to give it up. But, what are you going to do when your 4 year old grandson says, 'Pawpaw, you need to quit smoking before you turn blue and die.'

I started with Blu, because they were available at Walgreens. That lasted about 3 weeks. Realized that I was spending close to the price of analogs on the cartomizers. Switched to White Cloud. Better batteries, better taste, lasted longer per cart, and cheaper than the Blu for the carts.

Just over a week ago, I picked up 2 1300 Mah VV spinner type batteries, a couple of Evod tanks and some juice from a B&M local to me. Better yet!

Last Sunday, I sprung for an Evic while setting my nephew up with a kit. Loved it until I bricked it trying to update the firmware about 6 hours later. Trying to get a replacement control head now. To carry me through until I do, I picked up a Vamo V3 yesterday. Love that too.

All this in 9 weeks and 4 days. I feel better. I don't stink. People around me don't mind the vapor (it smells good to them). My grandson is happy. I'm happy. With all that I've bought, I've still saved money since quitting.

I'm never going back.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Sometimes I wonder about how many people got dissuaded from vaping because they fell for these rickety disposables........................

From talking to locals about vaping for the last 4 years, I have found (unscientific) that for every one person who starts with a mini-PV like the Blu, etc and then graduates to better PV's due the poor performance of most mini-models, there are easily 20 who decided vaping was not effective and a scam and just kept smoking, unfortunately.

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Welcome Cee64E to the ECF neighborhood,

Yep, 4 granddaughters here, too much fun now, and I want to be around when the 1 year old gets married.

40+ years 2PAD smoker, tried all the RX alternatives......no joy. :blink:

Tried the cig-a-likes, saw there was a light at the end of the tunnel, :blush:

Stepped up to the Vision Spinner and EVOD tanks, knew this little train could do it...:)

Went to the Sigelei ZMax v5
Sigelei Zmax V5 with Cell phone charger
and have not looked back. Kind of ruff on stuff, bit this thing has come down off ladders, rolled under cars, and it is still ticking.

The girls think Poppa's pipe is cool, and he does not "stink" any more. :glare:

Not sure of the Tesla, but IMHO any well built personal vaoprizer is going to be your better option in the long run.
The Zmax is stainless steel, single button operation, travels well in my back pocket (or man bag) uses all the tanks I could want.
You may want to start a little high on the nic to begin (maybe 24 mg).
Again, Welcome to the neighborhood...
Grandkids..........Priceless......

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I quadruple the suggestion for a Itaste MVP.

It may not last forever but it's really simple. No Battery decision, no charger decision

Just plug into your celphone charger [If Micro USB] and vape. It's a great starter unit.
It has one of the highest satsifaction rates on the forum [Arguable]. For the price nothing gives
More Bang for the Buck. [My opinion]

Texaslimo

Woof!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
TX
Welcome! I am another one of those folks who smoked for decades (3.5 of them) until they found this. I agree with what has been said here. Find a PV that you can live with and start trying some juices.. Do your research before you make big purchases. There are ALOT of very helpful folks in this forum to help out. It can be done!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Wow, talk about fast responses.

Okay. The Tesla kit I am looking at is offered over at Vape Dudes for 80 bucks. The friend that let me try his says they have the same thing at a local shop, though possibly a bit more. I prefer to shop local for everything I buy just to support local businesses so if I can get it locally, even if it costs a little more, I do. But then I frequent a local drive-in movie, too, just to keep the place from closing and losing the last one in the area. Consequence of being old.

The Tesla is certainly a big unit. Impressive, even. I don't go out much except to work and the grocery so carting it around isn't really an issue to me. I'll probably find some way to clip it to my belt along with all the other stuff I cart around during the day. I'm a custom cabinet maker so there's a fair amount of stuff on or in my belt anyway. One more thing won't hurt and it kinda reminds me of a Hooka. I grew up in the 70s. Hookas are cool.

Getting off cigarettes is kind of a must do for me. My lungs still work pretty good, but I'm noticing that I get winded a lot faster than I used to when I was a kid. I'm kind of a big fella, always have been, and in my line of work marshmallows don't last long putting kitchen cabinets up on a wall with one hand and screwing them down with the other. Heart issues run through my family like a river and I'd just as soon not drown in them either. It's something I have been meaning to do for a while, but nicotine alternatives have so far been unsatisfying. I'm a junkie for my "eens". Vaping looks to be a good way to satisfy my habit and do a lot less harm to my body. I have the body of a god and I'd like to keep it that way. (Okay, it's Buddha, but still...)

Thanks again for all the info. I have much to research and learn, but I am undaunted by it. (I have a daunt puller in my tool box. :p )

I sooooooooooooo like you already!

Cee64E, I've seen quite a few recommendations for nic levels in this thread... not that you asked. ;) But IF you did ask, I would definitely recommend getting some small sample bottles of flavors that you like, and get those in 24mg. AND 18mg. Fill up some cartos/clearos and off ya go. Your body will tell you when you reach the right level for you in the moment. There may be times that 24mg. is just perfect, and other times when the 18mg. will do it for you. You can even mix the two levels together and get a lovely 21mg. :)

Happy Vaping, and welcome to ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread