Greetings and Salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to the forum @Vape Morgan. Glad to have you here!:)

What are you using to vape with?

Wow! What a awesome warm welcome! :) Wow thanks every one!

I'm only 2 months vaping after 25 years at 2x packs a day Marlboro Red. One day about two months ago something just hit me out of the blue with absolutely no pre - thought, I simply looked at an empty pack I was about to throw into the trash and said "I'm done, no more, I'm just so sick of this gross disgusting nasty mess!."

Well, I made it 48 hours and ran full speed to a vape shop, literally running in the doors! I promised myself I would never smoke another cigarette but I felt like I was turning inside out! I walked out with an eGo pen.:banana:

The pen lasted about two weeks lol... now I'm on an iPV3 Li, have a Crown tank, Tugboat, Velocity clone, Mad Hatter, Magma, and two Plume Veils :evil:

My favorite flavors:

1. Capt Jacks Eddie Van Hazen & Eddie Van Hazen Reserve
2. Steam Beaumont Reserve
3. Steam Old English Orchard Reserve
4. Steam SCDP
5. Kite in Clouds Lenola Cream
6. Charlie Noble Tripoli
7. Charlie Noble Sollers Pointe
8. Five Pawns Castle Long Resv.
9. Steam Merlyns Bow
10. Off the Record Liquids Gello Vapor Pudding

I am a technical and electronic gifted guy so I went full bore right into it, now I want to start brewing my own :thumbs:

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I am a technical and electronic gifted guy so I went full bore right into it,
For your "right" brain" spend some time with @Baditude & @Mooch (two of our resident battery/safety experts) and visit their blogs.

Here are links to some of Mooch's blogs:

Baditude's Blog - Table of Contents
  • Battery Basics for Mods - The Ultimate Battery Guide
    • Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
  • Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
    • A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.
now I want to start brewing my own :thumbs:
When you are ready to start researching head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts/replys and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Below is the information I often give to members new to DIY.
Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.
DIY Recipe Sites

Have you tried the Crown with NI coils yet? very nice. I love the Crown, you must have did some homework as equipment goes.

I build, repair, overclock and water cool PC's for a living. I also have helped develop multi User Dimensions and mmorpg's for well over 20 years, so, I'm very good at research and electronics, I have a "nose" for quality so to speak. I love the Crown too... but it sure is a juice drinker! I can bang out a whole tank in... minutes.

Yes, I have the .25 Ni200 dual in the tank right now, I have the .15 Ni200 that was bundled with it, but I'll probably never use it, and I also have the .5 dual. I feel like the .25 is overkill and too warm, and the .5 is a little too cool. I do love the sterile extra clarity Ni gives.

I have the RBA for the Crown coming in the mail and I'm thinking to aim for .35 -.45 Ni200 as the perfect coil build for my taste.

So far I would give it:

85-90 % overall taste intensity and clarity as compared to a dripper, however the Ni200 also does reveal some new notes not present in Kanthal drippers tried so far.

80% apx juice use rate use as compared to a dual coil sub .5 dripper.

Clearly I must begin making my own or I will be going broke rather rapidly.

Last edited:
Thats when DIY comes in handy. Easy and cheap with pretty good rusults most of the time after you get the hang of it.

I downloaded and installed eJuicemeup, so far I'm a little confused about how to derive correct values , and whether I should get my pg/vg/nic separately, or should I order pg + nic as one bottle. It's a little confusing how to get the correct nic value into the program with the way the various nic and nic + pg bottles are labelled.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I downloaded and installed eJuicemeup, so far I'm a little confused about how to derive correct values , and whether I should get my pg/vg/nic separately, or should I order pg + nic as one bottle. It's a little confusing how to get the correct nic value into the program with the way the various nic and nic + pg bottles are labelled.

Decide on what general pg/vg ratio you want.
Most flavourings are pg. The nic you can get in pg or vg and certain ratios of one another.
Then you can buy pg and vg separate.

I get the nic in 100% pg as I read it is better for storing in the freezer.
I get 100mg nic and add 24ml of that to 76mls of vg to give me 100ml of 24mg nic base.
Then i get that add some flavourings and vg + pg. I used to just add vg and 25% flavouring now I add vg + pg + 15% flavouring.

Reactions: Vape Morgan

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I do 5.3mg nic so to make 100ml at 5.3 I use 22.2ml of my 24mg nic base.

24/4.5 = 5.3 100/4.5 = 22.2.
The other 77.8mls is made up of your flavourings , pg,vg

If you wanted say 3 mg nic to make 100ml then
24/8 = 3 100/8 = 12.5 so 12.5ml nic + 87.5ml flavour, pg,vg

Reactions: Vape Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread