Greetings, fellow vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

einheitlix

Oct 23, 2016
Germany
Hi folks,

I'm Malte, I'm 33 years old and I've been a happy smoke-free vaper for around 2 weeks now. I'm amazed and happy that I finally managed to quit the disgusting smoking, and I'm feeling more healthy by the day. :) I'd already tried about a year ago with two EVOD 2, but somehow they just did't do the trick for me. Some 2-3 weeks ago I decided to try again and bought an iStick Pico with a Melo III, and it blew off my mind! Awesome! I haven't touched a cigarette since. :thumbs:

I got curious what else is out there and after some research decided to invest in a ProVari P3, along with a kayfun 5, and learned to wick my own coils using tutorials and videos on the web. If the iStick/Melo already blew off my mind, the ProVari/Kayfun combo sent me straight into vaper's heaven. SO GOOD! How did I not already start with this years ago? ;)

Next up: learning to make my own e-juice. I can't wait to learn more...

Vape on,

Malte :smokie:

einheitlix

Oct 23, 2016
Germany
Thank you. I hadn't heard about squonkers before. I just googled for it and it looks interesting. So, dripping juice directly onto my atomizer, eh? Does this give an even better taste? Is that possible at all? I'll be sure to try it out! Ooooh..... so many things to discover, I just love it. :hubba:

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Hi folks,

I'm Malte, I'm 33 years old and I've been a happy smoke-free vaper for around 2 weeks now. I'm amazed and happy that I finally managed to quit the disgusting smoking, and I'm feeling more healthy by the day. :) I'd already tried about a year ago with two EVOD 2, but somehow they just did't do the trick for me. Some 2-3 weeks ago I decided to try again and bought an iStick Pico with a Melo III, and it blew off my mind! Awesome! I haven't touched a cigarette since. :thumbs:

I got curious what else is out there and after some research decided to invest in a ProVari P3, along with a Kayfun 5, and learned to wick my own coils using tutorials and videos on the web. If the iStick/Melo already blew off my mind, the ProVari/Kayfun combo sent me straight into vaper's heaven. SO GOOD! How did I not already start with this years ago? ;)

Vape on,

Good going einheitlix! I realize you are in germany but I buy my bulk mixing supplies (vg,flavors,etc) From ecigexpress.com. I don't know if they ship internationally but are great to deal with! Remember not to go above 6mg of nicotine for sub-ohm vaping. Happy times!

Reactions: TheTinMan

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
tanks are great to start and very handy, but the juice is constantly getting warmed up as you vape... drippers can have more flavour but you're constantly having to drip more onto them... a squonker is the best of both worlds and usually have even larger capacity.

I'm a fan of kanger so I always suggest it... but in this case I think they have the cheapest starter squonker out there.

Reactions: einheitlix

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hi folks,

I got curious what else is out there and after some research decided to invest in a ProVari P3, along with a Kayfun 5, and learned to wick my own coils using tutorials and videos on the web. If the iStick/Melo already blew off my mind, the ProVari/Kayfun combo sent me straight into vaper's heaven. SO GOOD! How did I not already start with this years ago? ;)

Vape on,

Years ago the gear wasn't this Good..

einheitlix

Oct 23, 2016
Germany
...and now I want a squonker. ;) Hehe, vaping is healthier than smoking for sure, but I'm not sure it's going to be less expensive, what with all the hardware you're going to want to lay your hands on all the time. In german forums they call it the "HWV" - "Haben-Will-Virus" or, in English, the "I-Want-It-Virus". I'm starting to feel the first symptoms. :D

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'm not so sure about the Dripbox 60. I've got one on order that has yet to come in and now I already wish I'd ordered the 160. The 60 looks like the battery life is an issue.

I'm a fan of kanger so I always suggest it... but in this case I think they have the cheapest starter squonker out there.

Cheallaigh, your continued support and praise of Kanger has finally won me over to try something of theirs. ;)

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
the only reason I suggest the 60 is that it's cheap and gives you an idea if you like it. I'd rather have the 160... but I'm dealing with a hubby who wants simple... he only said he wanted the 160, after I had ordered the 60's, and he realised it wasn't like the kboxes with variable wattage etc... cause of course he looked it up too late. he's addicted to squonking now though... it's just a matter of time till I get what I want.

what battery issue?

einheitlix

Oct 23, 2016
Germany
Hehehe, yes, I guess it's a case of HWV after the initial setup cost... I'll just have to contain myself. I'll definitely try those squonkers though, but I'm thinking I may go directly for the 160, otherwise if I do like it I'll only have to buy another one and the 60 will be useless. If I don't like it, I can still resell the 160. I suspect I will like it, though. Or, instead of Kangertech, the Rios also look reaaaaally nice. :)

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I like kanger hence the 160 for me... but be aware...

some are like a mech mod and the 60w, you get one button and no settings to change... some have safety chips and chips that will keep a steady vape going, and some don't, what you vape depends on the battery power(depletes over time)and the coil.

then you have the ones that function like the 160 and other ones out there like it, that allow more control, like wattage, TC etc...

so before you buy, make sure you know what you're getting and how to use it if you go for one that is unregulated over one that is regulated.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi folks,

Vape on,
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
DIY
How hard is it to get in to DIY liqiud?
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread