Greetings from Egypt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello everyone :)

Peeps call me Bigdaddi. I'm a project manager and a proud vaper after 15+ years of smoking the nasties.

Glad and really excited to join you all!

I'm sure many others from all over Egypt are here already! If any of you come across this post then do give me a shout!

Cheers :thumb:
Welcome. how do you get vaping products in Egypt?

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Welcome. how do you get vaping products in Egypt?
Thanks @sofarsogood.

Generally speaking, and whether it's hardware (Mods,Atomizers/RBA (RTA/RDA)), accessories (Cotton, Wire..etc), E-Liquid (Egyptian, Imported - All considered "Premium" with varying price tags), or DIY E-Liquid Raw Material (PG, VG, Flavors, Nicotine), we can buy vaping products from:-
- Local Stores --> (Mostly) underground risky business as vaping isn't yet legalized in Egypt.
- Local Online Stores (Home Delivery with Cash on Delivey.)
- Local Facebook Pages/Groups (Some offer Home Delivery with Cash on Delivey - Others promote their online or local stores for making purchases - Others meet in person at agreed locations.)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks @sofarsogood.

Generally speaking, and whether it's hardware (Mods,Atomizers/RBA (RTA/RDA)), accessories (Cotton, Wire..etc), E-Liquid (Egyptian, Imported - All considered "Premium" with varying price tags), or DIY E-Liquid Raw Material (PG, VG, Flavors, Nicotine), we can buy vaping products from:-
- Local Stores --> (Mostly) underground risky business as vaping isn't yet legalized in Egypt.
- Local Online Stores (Home Delivery with Cash on Delivey.)
- Local Facebook Pages/Groups (Some offer Home Delivery with Cash on Delivey - Others promote their online or local stores for making purchases - Others meet in person at agreed locations.)
Okay, so i bet a lot of Egyptians smoke and there's a tax and that tax is important to plenty of people. Is anybody in government there talking sensibly about vaping? BTW your English is flawless. How did that happen?

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Okay, so i bet a lot of Egyptians smoke and there's a tax and that tax is important to plenty of people. Is anybody in government there talking sensibly about vaping? BTW your English is flawless. How did that happen?

@sofarsogood, that would be no, I'm afraid. There isn't anyone from the government's side as far as I know that is talking any kind of sense when it comes to vaping.

I believe there are two major factors behind this; one economical and another political. Ultimately, Mr. Tabacco rules the market in Egypt today, and with vaping entering the scene in Egypt, Mr. Tobacco isn't very happy obviously, but isn't that the story of Mr. Tobacco lately across the globe when it comes to vaping? And of course, who do you think Ms. Health would follow? Let me ask this differently to put this into perspective, what do you think would Ms. Health make money of?

Then there's "government money making" aka tax paying, which is obviously done when it comes to tobacco products, but not for vaping products, which I personally blame both the government and the population for:-
- The Government for not acknowledging and legalizing vaping, hence collecting their vaping goods' taxes and giving us our health back!
- The population for not trying (yet) to approach the government in a sensible fashion and eventually agree on how to legalize vaping and set the proper taxes to be paid for vaping goods.

And on my english, well thank you, sir! I'll take that as a compliment ;) I mean in your mind you really didn't think that Egypt's all about deserts and pyramids with 24-inch rims "Desert Ships" disguised as big-a$s camels with big-a$s Nike boots on'em, did you? :laugh: In case you did, let me tell you sir that such rides are most commonly found in the Persian Gulf area! (just kidding :)).
How that happened (i.e. my english) was by developing myself as an effective L&D practitioner, hence following the proper L&D protocols; something more or less like reading a book, and following its rules:rules:, ending up with being able to properly read it, understand it, and make the best out of it.

Now as you piqued my curiousity, where are you from??

Reactions: Joergl100

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone :)
Peeps call me Bigdaddi. I'm a project manager and a proud vaper after 15+ years of smoking the nasties.
Glad and really excited to join you all!
I'm sure many others from all over Egypt are here already! If any of you come across this post then do give me a shout!
Cheers :thumb:
Welcome and glad you joined. Be sure to vape safe.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
@sofarsogood, that would be no, I'm afraid. There isn't anyone from the government's side as far as I know that is talking any kind of sense when it comes to vaping.

I believe there are two major factors behind this; one economical and another political. Ultimately, Mr. Tabacco rules the market in Egypt today, and with vaping entering the scene in Egypt, Mr. Tobacco isn't very happy obviously, but isn't that the story of Mr. Tobacco lately across the globe when it comes to vaping? And of course, who do you think Ms. Health would follow? Let me ask this differently to put this into perspective, what do you think would Ms. Health make money of?

Then there's "government money making" aka tax paying, which is obviously done when it comes to tobacco products, but not for vaping products, which I personally blame both the government and the population for:-
- The Government for not acknowledging and legalizing vaping, hence collecting their vaping goods' taxes and giving us our health back!
- The population for not trying (yet) to approach the government in a sensible fashion and eventually agree on how to legalize vaping and set the proper taxes to be paid for vaping goods.

And on my english, well thank you, sir! I'll take that as a compliment ;) I mean in your mind you really didn't think that Egypt's all about deserts and pyramids with 24-inch rims "Desert Ships" disguised as big-a$s camels with big-a$s Nike boots on'em, did you? :laugh: In case you did, let me tell you sir that such rides are most commonly found in the Persian Gulf area! (just kidding :)).
How that happened (i.e. my english) was by developing myself as an effective L&D practitioner, hence following the proper L&D protocols; something more or less like reading a book, and following its rules:rules:, ending up with being able to properly read it, understand it, and make the best out of it.

Now as you piqued my curiousity, where are you from??
Thanks to the internet and voice/text chat I've spoken with people all over the world. I feel lucky English is such a popular language for non native speakers. I read and listened to a lot of flavors of English. Usually your level of accomplishment took some travel or being employed by English speakers. When people check in here from someplace other than the US (I'm in the state of Michigan) I'm curious about the local laws and ordinances and how vape stuff is available. I believe Egypt grows tobacco? Here in the US the debate is very lively. The new president wants too reduce regulations. He's appointing promising people to the jobs that matter to vapers. Now we'll see what they do for us.

Last edited:

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Thanks to the internet and voice/text chat I've spoken with people all over the world. I feel lucky English is such a popular language for non native speakers. I read and listened to a lot of flavors of English. Usually your level of accomplishment took some travel or being employed by English speakers. When people check in here from someplace other than the US (I'm in the state of Michigan) I'm curious about the local laws and ordinances and how vape stuff is available. I believe Egypt grows tobacco? Here in the US the debate is very lively. The new president wants too reduce regulations. He's appointing promising people to the jobs that matter to vapers. Now we'll see what they do for us.

Well it all started with Sesame Street back then! and then the rest of what you mentioned there followed :)

Yes, Egypt grows tobacco. In fact you just reminded me to ask,, I've been researching how to do a NET flavor and was actually wondering where I could get cured tobacco from in Egypt which I'll look into,, the question is however,, is it worth going through the lengthy process? I'm more into the tobacco flavors and so thought of creating my own batch of pure tobacco flavor.

I didn't know president Trump wanted to reduce regulations on vaping! That's interesting!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Well it all started with Sesame Street back then! and then the rest of what you mentioned there followed :)

Yes, Egypt grows tobacco. In fact you just reminded me to ask,, I've been researching how to do a NET flavor and was actually wondering where I could get cured tobacco from in Egypt which I'll look into,, the question is however,, is it worth going through the lengthy process? I'm more into the tobacco flavors and so thought of creating my own batch of pure tobacco flavor.

I didn't know president Trump wanted to reduce regulations on vaping! That's interesting!
It's probably not worth extracting flavor from plants and probably not safe unless you are a chemist. Nobody knows what Trump wants to do about anything, least of all vaping. Vaping made me a single issue voter last November. I told people, I'm voting for Trump because if I have to be miserable I want company. That turned out to be prophetic. I didn't expect him to win but if he screws up everything that's what I sent him to Washington to do. Until I can vape in peace there will be no peace.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
It's probably not worth extracting flavor from plants and probably not safe unless you are a chemist. Nobody knows what Trump wants to do about anything, least of all vaping. Vaping made me a single issue voter last November. I told people, I'm voting for Trump because if I have to be miserable I want company. That turned out to be prophetic. I didn't expect him to win but if he screws up everything that's what I sent him to Washington to do. Until I can vape in peace there will be no peace.
Now that my friend seems to be a more sensible reply to me, especially with all the Trumpocalypse talk going on lately!

So on NET flavor making, what if I follow the exact method of a chemist (or at least someone who knows what he's doing)? I've watched a video and it was full of all the information I assume I would need for safely making the extract. Can't recall the URL but will look it up and share it with you.

Thanks @sofarsogood!.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Now that my friend seems to be a more sensible reply to me, especially with all the Trumpocalypse talk going on lately!

So on NET flavor making, what if I follow the exact method of a chemist (or at least someone who knows what he's doing)? I've watched a video and it was full of all the information I assume I would need for safely making the extract. Can't recall the URL but will look it up and share it with you.

Thanks @sofarsogood!.
I'm willing to be a rebuilder and mixer, not a chemist.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Where you mean in Egypt? Are you sure we're talking about the same country here?! :D

Thanks @Shadav :)
cairo :p ;) , i found vape juice almost everywhere and there's a few places online, i forget i'd have to look for it but there was one on Facebook that I contacted and he was willing to come and meet me to sell me some since I wasn't sure where he was located at.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
cairo :p ;) , i found vape juice almost everywhere and there's a few places online, i forget i'd have to look for it but there was one on Facebook that I contacted and he was willing to come and meet me to sell me some since I wasn't sure where he was located at.
Hope you don't mean the fake "Aqua" branded cheap juice! Otherwise, I agree, vaping is becoming more popular over here and we've got some really good lines and mixers too! If you ever have a chance, you must try Steam Bird Porsche - absolutely phenomenal :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hahaha yeah i think that might have been one of them....oh i've had a lot worse juice, it wasn't great but it was vapeable.... one of my bottles leaked on the flight :-x so ran out while on my stay.
good morning by the way :lol: go to sleep
Vape GT Egypt on fb was who had offered to come find me since wasn't really familiar with the area. The other company I had looked at was Dokhany Egypt
but i really didn't want to pay that much :lol: i'm cheap and spoiled by my MadTown Vapor that are $5 for 15ml

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
hahaha yeah i think that might have been one of them....oh i've had a lot worse juice, it wasn't great but it was vapeable.... one of my bottles leaked on the flight :-x so ran out while on my stay.
good morning by the way :lol: go to sleep
Vape GT Egypt on fb was who had offered to come find me since wasn't really familiar with the area. The other company I had looked at was Dokhany Egypt
but i really didn't want to pay that much :lol: i'm cheap and spoiled by my MadTown Vapor that are $5 for 15ml
When was the last time you were I Egypt? Reason I ask is because lately you can easily find many many online and physical stores in Egypt and and even people running legal/behind the scene business for selling DIY flavors and all. Let me know if you're interested in finding out more! :)

Reactions: Shadav
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread