Greetings from Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

rompus

Oct 19, 2013
Lawrenceburg, KY
I have been a long time lurker but I have learned a LOT from reading this forum.

I decided to post because today is a milestone for me and I wanted to tell my story. Sorry if this is long winded, but I need to get it out.

After 24+ years of smoking two packs a day, I am now ONE MONTH smoke free.
I have never felt better in my life. Finally free from the grip of analogs.

Like so many others, I started with a cig-a-like kit. This was in April of this year. I bought a starter kit and extra cartridges direct from Njoy. What a waste of money! Those things are horrible and can't possibly help someone quit IMO. So I found my local tobacco shop had a brand of cartridges that would work with the Njoy. Bought some of them and they were even worse. Tasted like someone had steeped cigarette butts in PG and loaded the carto up with that!
So it's easy to see why I was discouraged with my first attempt. I had spent enough to buy a decent eGo kit, but didn't know any better at the time.

So, after months of reading on here and other places, I decided to try again with an eGo starter kit. I found one for around $40 with two 1100 size batteries, two knockoff T2 clearos and a 15ml bottle of juice. Still being hardheaded, I chose the "Red and White" juice. Well, it tasted ok but I picked 24mg juice. Man was it harsh! So I was showing a co-worker my new setup and she told me that there are two brick and mortar shops in Lexington (where I work), one being the newly opened AltSmoke.

Well, I didn't make it to AltSmoke that day, but stopped at the smaller shop. I picked up a few quality juices and was on my way.
Wow, what a difference good juice makes! So the next day, I stopped in and got some more, then on Friday, three days after I got my kit, I smoked my last analog.

I celebrated by going to Altsmoke that Saturday and picked up even more flavors and equipment. I had found a new guilty pleasure, a new hobby and a way to get new shiny things all rolled up into one. I decided I would spend my $60 or so a week that I had been spending on analogs on my new love.

Well, needless to say, I have surpassed that figure. Iclear 16s and 30s, Kanger T3s and Protank, CE4s, replacement heads for everything, extra chargers, two 1300 Vision spinners, juice, juice and more juice. Where will it stop?
Well, it won't be this week because after a new MVP2, Alice in Vapeland, Vapor Chef, Discount Vapers...oh and AltSmoke has a Grand Opening party tomorrow...I know, I know, it's a sickness.

But even with all that buying, I have managed to step down from 24 to 18 to 12 and my latest orders for this week are 6. I hope to be off the nic totally in a few more weeks.

But you know what? It is worth every dang penny to make sure I never pick up an analog again!

So thanks to each and every one who post on here. This community is doing a service not only for information purposes but by helping people quit a deadly habit.

Vape on brothers and sisters, vape on!

:vapor:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf. We are a very friendly bunch here, so kick off your shoes and stay awhile. congrats on kicking the stinkies to the curb. Feels good, doesn't it. And Altsmoke is a great company. I have several of their SilverBullits and a couple are kicked.

good luck and happy vaping.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread