Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjii

Nov 22, 2016
Just ordered a smok micro 1 kit which is a 80w box mod and comes with the tfv4 tank, heard good things about it but there is a tfv8 tank which I've heard great things about so i was planning on buying that tank to replace the tank what comes with my kit but I've just found out that the tfv8 tank needs a higher wattage than my 80w box mod
Does more wattage mean more flavour & vapour or not? Just if it does then I'm going to upgrade to one of their 220wattage box mods & get the tank I was after. Thanks

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome aboard, @Benjii

You have a pretty simple question for which there are many answers. But other factors like which flavor, ohms, PG/VG ratio, and even the same wattage on different mods can alter your results. It kind of boils down to it's all in search of one's ultimate vape.

Me being somewhat of a Smok tank fan, I would only suggest you also check out the new Big Baby Beast. That may give you a lot of what you want while still using your current mod and give you a little time to decide on what you really want.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
More watts means more vapor, but not necessarily more flavor. Coil structure and wicking play a huge role as well. I think the TFV4 and Baby Beast are ideal tanks for your current set up. The TFV8 is a monstrous, power hungry tank and while it will crank out some massive clouds, with massive airflow flavor may diminish. I personally vape between 40w and 80w most days (on various drippers and tanks) and am a fan of a cool, flavorful vape. If that's up your alley, I'd stick to the TFV4 and maybe pick up a Baby Beast.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I have no experience with what you were using previously, but I've heard nothing but praise about the TFV4 (a friend has one and loves it) Smok makes excellent mods and tanks/RBAs (I own a TF-RTA and G-Priv, and it's a lovely set-up for when I feel like clouding) It's really up to you to try and decide.

Oh, and welcome to ECF!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for both your replies. I'm currently smoking a vip skystorm which is 30wattage. & i use vip nexus coils with a resistance of 0.2 ohm
will the kit I've just purchased with the tfv 4 tank be better than this?

Anything is better the VIP.
They are lucky to still be in business. The prices they used to charge (which were absolutely disgusting) would in any other industry have seen them fail. Most of us would have appreciated that.
Yes.. your new kit will be superior. I hope you aren't buying VIP liquid... that would be tragic.

Benjii

Nov 22, 2016
Haha, well that is good then!
No I don't smoke there liquid, I did for a month & I just wasn't enjoying vaping. Then I looked into things and understood PG & VG & now I much prefer a higher VG Something around 30/70. I like alot of the ichor liquids, they are even nice through the vip box mod I have. Any liquid companys you think are worth a try?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Haha, well that is good then!
No I don't vape there liquid, I did for a month & I just wasn't enjoying vaping.

I can go to sleep happy. Wise move. :thumb:
I've quit buying liquid now so you'd need to research and ask around.
Try some Chef's vapour before it's all gone. Many of the best e-liquid companies will be shutting down.
Sad.. the end of an era.

Reactions: Silka

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Reactions: Benjii

Silka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2015
Australia
Just ordered a smok micro 1 kit which is a 80w box mod and comes with the tfv4 tank, heard good things about it but there is a tfv8 tank which I've heard great things about so i was planning on buying that tank to replace the tank what comes with my kit but I've just found out that the tfv8 tank needs a higher wattage than my 80w box mod
Does more wattage mean more flavour & vapour or not? Just if it does then I'm going to upgrade to one of their 220wattage box mods & get the tank I was after. Thanks
Hi Benjii, I am not good with technical stuff but I have three TF4 tanks and love them. I have one on a Smok Guardian Pipe and it gives beautiful flavour. I use the other two to sample flavours as I dont use a Dripper. Anyway I suggest you try out your TF4 first you might be nicely surprised :)

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thankyou mongo. So could I use the big baby beast tank with my smok 80w box mod or does it work better with a higher wattage?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Was away, so didn't get a chance to respond, so........

I currently have and use a TFV4, two TFV4 mini's, a TFV8, and the Baby beast running on multiple mods. There are so many different coils for each that I can't give details on each of those. But my middle ground for wattage on each is 78 watts for the TFV4's (pushing your current limits and guessing really cutting in to battery life), 120+ watts on the TFV8 (clearly over your current limits), and around 60 watts on the baby beast (to me, best option of the bunch). Those will be adjusted depending on the coil and juice currently in use (maybe I am a bit OCD, but flavor can require some adjustment in wattage).

That is why I am interested in and suggested a look at the Big Baby Beast. Since it uses the same coils as the Baby Beast, I would expect it to be close in wattage and would really like the bigger tank. And that looks to me like your best and least expensive option at this point.

That is why I hinted at "giving you a little time to decide on what you really want." A new dual 18650 mod (cough, cough, Alien Kit ;)) will not only provide the additional wattage your are migrating towards, but vastly increase battery life (NOTE: be sure to get quality batteries and marry each pair for use in the dual battery mod, whatever you may get). I already saw a site with the Alien Kit with the Big Baby Beast (wouldn't mind having a second Alien mod), but they were "out of stock."

Good luck! So many choices, so little time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread