RDA Griffin 25 Plus - no flavour (first RDA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aca29

Feb 2, 2017
Hi guys :),

3 weeks ago i bought a Griffin 25 Plus RDA with some wick and cotton. I nearly watched every day tutorials on how to build that coils and the amount of cotton i need. I tried several builds and was upset about that leaking :(. After tries and tries i finally got a solid solution but with a new problem. I wont get any flavour out of it, no matter how my build looks like. There is just a little flavour, just 20-25% of that flavour i get out on my smok V8-T6/8. The difference is also - if i vape on my smok, i can nearly feel that bite into that applemuffin (Them Applez). With my griffin i just get that 20% of flavour in that inhale but feel nothing on my tongue - feels like im vaping water without flavour :(.

I created that post spontaneous and dont have any pictures on my build - the only thing i can post is a picture of that wicks/cottons and RDA's i bought to start out creating some good stuff :p.

I also want to apologize for my bad english, i tried to write it down as good as i can :).

I will try to post some pictures afterwards on my final setup, but maybe someone could help me picking that right wick/cotton which i should use for that :).

Thank you - Aca :)

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys :),

3 weeks ago i bought a Griffin 25 Plus RDA with some wick and cotton. I nearly watched every day tutorials on how to build that coils and the amount of cotton i need. I tried several builds and was upset about that leaking :(. After tries and tries i finally got a solid solution but with a new problem. I wont get any flavour out of it, no matter how my build looks like. There is just a little flavour, just 20-25% of that flavour i get out on my Smok V8-T6/8. The difference is also - if i vape on my Smok, i can nearly feel that bite into that applemuffin (Them Applez). With my griffin i just get that 20% of flavour in that inhale but feel nothing on my tongue - feels like im vaping water without flavour :(.

I created that post spontaneous and dont have any pictures on my build - the only thing i can post is a picture of that wicks/cottons and RDA's i bought to start out creating some good stuff :p.

I also want to apologize for my bad english, i tried to write it down as good as i can :).

I will try to post some pictures afterwards on my final setup, but maybe someone could help me picking that right wick/cotton which i should use for that :).

Thank you - Aca :)

Hi and welcome! the pic is too small to see anything but I assume you are talking about the full size TFV8? using an T8 coil which is 8 coils means that is a lot of coils. in your griffin you are likely using 2 coils. so to make t as good as a TFV8 you need really beefy coils. If i could get a pic of what your build looks like it'll help alot

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Aca29

Feb 2, 2017
Thank you guys for that fast reply. I will build it up an post a picture pf it as soon as i finished it. I got 2 different wire's:
  • Stainless Steel V2A / 0,50mm
  • Geek Vape Staggered Fused Clapton SS316L (26ga+32ga)*2 + 32ga
Should i create a build with that Clapton wire? How many wicks should each coil have?
I built them up with 5-7 wicks on a coil before.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Depends on ohms you want, Steam Engine is your friend. When doing pre wound wire I take a six inch piece of wire and measure ohms so I know roughly what my coil will end up as. We do not want to read about you in the news. Get some organic cotton and you only need 2 wicks, one in each coil. Sounds like you are using silica wick? I do not think the Griffin 25 is a very good starter tank. Can you tell me what happens to ohms when you put in duel coils? CHEERS!

Last edited:

Aca29

Feb 2, 2017
So, im back with an "easy" setup with that stainless steel wire from that first Picture - (V2A. 0,50mm). I wicked that coils with 18 wicks each and pictured every step of it :).

Im surprised i got a better flavour right now and i dont know why. Maybe because i wicked them that first time with that Helptools from that DIY Kit v3 i got and they look now more professional :D.

Could u please take a look on that pictures if everything went alright? My next question is that im stuck now at 80w and 6v. Is there something dangerous on it or why do i stuck now at that voltage point. How can i reduce that voltage needed to get higher wattage - lower ohm coils?

Thank you :).

20170202_234130.jpg
20170203_140850.jpg
20170203_140857.jpg
20170203_141402.jpg
20170203_141651.jpg
20170203_141734.jpg
20170203_141742.jpg
20170203_142127.jpg
20170203_142135.jpg

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So, im back with an "easy" setup with that stainless steel wire from that first Picture - (V2A. 0,50mm). I wicked that coils with 18 wicks each and pictured every step of it :).

Im surprised i got a better flavour right now and i dont know why. Maybe because i wicked them that first time with that Helptools from that DIY Kit v3 i got and they look now more professional :D.

Could u please take a look on that pictures if everything went alright? My next question is that im stuck now at 80w and 6v. Is there something dangerous on it or why do i stuck now at that voltage point. How can i reduce that voltage needed to get higher wattage - lower ohm coils?

Thank you :).

View attachment 632853 View attachment 632855 View attachment 632857 View attachment 632859 View attachment 632861 View attachment 632863 View attachment 632865 View attachment 632867 View attachment 632869
Resistance is too high and too much metal for 80 watts. Take a few wraps off each coil

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
This is by far my favorite wire to work with.

Spooled Triple Core Parallel Fused Clapton 316L SS (28gx3 / 36g) or (30gx3 / 38g)

Usually about a 6 wrap, diameter determined by the atomizer. They are usually .12-.20 depending on that.

I have the Griffin 25 mini and it is far and away my favorite R"T"A. (Tank) And that's what is in it. That's way too much wire. It's going to have a hard time not drying out in the center if you vape a lot.

Either use your Clapton wire, or twist that single strand wire in a drill and do about half those wraps. Twisted will always add some punch over traditional wire. But Clapton's inherent ability to hold almost as much juice as the wick, is king...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread