Griffin 25 RTA leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Binh

May 25, 2016
Hanoi city, Vietnam
Check your cotton (maybe it too thin to hold the big amount of juice).
Close bottom tank hole before refill (should always do).
Open the bottom tank hole only a half and vape normally, try to see if it still leak (situation only)
Increase the Watt and vape like crazy (optional - try not to waste your juice only, lol)
It's just my rockie trick, I'm new too. *smile*

Reactions: 3ric2hew

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If it's leaking through the airflow control then it's a wicking problem. Too much juice is getting into the well and not being absorbed by the wick. Instead it sits as a puddle and goes down the air hole under the coil.

Watch some youtube videos on how to wick it properly. It's probably just a minor, easily fixable mistake like making the ends of the wick too short or not using enough cotton to soak up all of the juice that comes into the well.

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I was asking griffin user and I know how to wick. The leaking I was mentioning is not like niagra falls, it is just a lil bit creeping through the tight gap in airflow control rings not through the airflow wide holes. Read the 1st post, airflow control rings top and bottom.

The leaking from the top airflow is condensation and spit back buildup. Unless you are holding it upside down, there is no way for the tank to leak through there.

As for the leaking around the airflow ring, that is definitely a wicking issue. A slight leak will tend to seep out around the ring as you describe, rather than through the airflow slots (like you would intuitively think). Don't ask me why exactly, but I have had this happen with all of my RTA's when not wicked just right. And I know that the wicking is the problem, because the issue stops when I get it right. You really just have to realize that there is simply no other way for the tank to leak there, unless there is a crack in the stainless steel housing.

3ric2hew

May 25, 2016
hmm i like to think i got the defective one, i would post pic to show u if i can, the website says file size too big. And i hate spit backs so I never vape it too hard so i'm sure it must be the condensation but the amount of it came out the top is like mini drop of juice, not fresh juice(the kind that heats up and become dark brown) and i notice it when my lips got a burning sensation. I tried to draw it and point it out where it's leaking out from. Bottom's airflow one is above the ring and top airflow one are also at above. See the pic~

Attachments

• Untitled Diagram.png
    Untitled Diagram.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

RC POPS

May 7, 2016
hmm i like to think i got the defective one, i would post pic to show u if i can, the website says file size too big. And i hate spit backs so I never vape it too hard so i'm sure it must be the condensation but the amount of it came out the top is like mini drop of juice, not fresh juice(the kind that heats up and become dark brown) and i notice it when my lips got a burning sensation. I tried to draw it and point it out where it's leaking out from. Bottom's airflow one is above the ring and top airflow one are also at above. See the pic~
every now and again I will get a little out of the bottom air flow I think it is when it heats up over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread