Griffin rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Hello, I'm ordering 2 griffin rtas and have never built. I'm going to be safe and include a coil master tool kit which comes with ohm reader, my question is I was going to order some pre wrapped kanthal coils from fast tech until i dove into coil building. What ohm would they need to be for a dual build to vape at 40-50 watts?

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
If you're using a regulated mod, you can vape whatever you want to vape at 40-50W.

If you are using a parallel unregulated/4.2V internal battery mod, building at .32-.4 will get you 40-50W @ 4.0V (rough, fully charged under load.)

as @Heartsdelight said, use steam-engine.

But yeah you're most likely going to be want to be aiming for that .3-.4 range, with which dual coils means each need to be .6-.8. Usually dual coils sold as a set are marked with the overall resistance, though; just make sure you're accounting for this if you buy a bulk set of the same sized coils.

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
On my Griffins I like .25-.40. But I vape at 50-65 watts.

Wicking is at a medium. Do a good comb out first. Don't force or cram the Cotton into the wick holes. Cut the wick just below the wick ring. It doesn't need to fill the entire juice holes. The wick should be able to move side to side inside the juice holes.

Enjoy your Griffin. One of my favourite tanks. I just love the dense cloud and flavour.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Velocity style deck on the Griffin 25 is really easy to build, but you need a good hex driver to prevent stripping the grub screw heads. The Wiha is the best I've found. It's made from hardened steel and fits the grub screws perfectly. The hex key that comes with the Griffin is junk and if the screws are a little tight from the factory the supplied hex key will strip the inside of the hex slot.

This 1.3mm Wiha driver fits snugly
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O5EFT8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread