Griff's Leather Mod Holsters

Discussion in 'Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum' started by Griffin, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Griffin

Griffin Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I am now offering for sale hand made leather holsters for mods. These heavy-duty holsters are crafted from the highest quality tooling leather and feature your choice of a sewn leather belt loop or steel spring clip. They come in black only (for now) and are made with a slotted flap that tucks into a band to hold your mod securely in place, with the atomizer or cartomizer, and drip tip attached.

The bottom of the holster is partially open so mods like the Silver Bullet, with a recessed switch, can also be stored in the holster upside-down, if you prefer. The open bottom also makes it easier to remove your mod, if the fit is a little snug at first, by pushing it up with your finger. (Please don't pull on your atomizer or cartomizer!) For this reason, you should order a holster of the correct size for your mod as smaller mods may slip through the opening.

[​IMG]

I have a number of pre-made holsters in this style to fit the Silver Bullet, Saber Touch (with detailed caps), and Blue Lightning. Holsters for the Buzz and Goldrush mods are being made up now. I should be able to make one for almost any style of tube mod, given the dimensions (diameter, height, and button position), but those are the mods that I have on hand to test for a good fit, as of today.

In-stock holsters will ship within two business days; usually within 24 hours. I should be able to ship custom orders within 3-4 business days.

Holsters are priced at $25 with sewn leather belt loop or $30 with steel spring clip and prices include USPS First Class shipment and delivery confirmation within the US. Priority Shipping is available for an additional $3.00. Please contact me for other shipping rates. I can accept payment by PayPal (no mention of e-cigs) or USPS Postal Money Order.

Please send a PM to order or to inquire about a custom holster. If you would like to pay using PayPal, please include your email address and I will send you an invoice through their system.

I am working on a couple of other styles, including holsters for box mods, as well as some fancier tooling/stamping options and will update this thread as they are ready. A website is also under development, to simplify ordering, and I will post the address when it is completed and ECF-approved.

2. cappadoc

cappadoc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is there any way to put a swivel belt clip on it to allow horizontal belt carry?
    or maybe a side compartment for a 10-15mL bottle?
    That would rock!
    I would love one for my V3 Prodigy with a juice bottle holder on it.

3. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

very nice..:)

4. bmwjen

bmwjen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

any thoughts on making them for the Reo? These are perfect!

5. Ruppy

Ruppy Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nice I will definitely be getting one for the buzz when ready :)

6. Griffin

I'm not sure about a swivel clip, I'll have to play with that idea a little to see what I can come up with.

I am working on an alternate design that does include an option for one or two juice bottle slots.

7. Griffin

I'm working on a version for double AA and triple AA box mods first, but then I should be able to adapt that to the Reo once I get one.

8. Griffin

Ideally, I want to offer holsters to cover as many different mods as possible. I'm working up some more designs and creating patterns as I go. I'll post pictures and details as I get the kinks worked out of each design.

The Buzz version is on my workbench now...guess I should get back to it! :)

9. Ruppy

Ruppy Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Hit me with a PM or post it up in your thread when its done Griffin and Ill take one off your hand.

One question and its by no means a dealbreaker. Is a snap possible versus the slide through loop latch?

Im sure I will be checking in pretty often.

10. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    These holsters look awesome! You're clearly a skilled craftsman and thanks for filling a gaping hole in the mod accessory market. Something tells me you'll be working your fingers to the bone to keep up with the demand.

Looking forward to new additions as your catalog grows and I can't wait to get one... or two...

11. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you have one that will fit a ProVari? I would be interested in one for my hubby.

12. Griffin

I tried to do snaps at first, but it just doesn't work well with this design. I am working on another design that will include a snap closure, though.

13. Griffin

I don't have a ProVari to test with yet, but it should fit in the Silver Bullet holster almost perfectly - my concern would be the position of the switch since it looks like the ProVari switch is set lower on the body. As long as the bottom of the ProVari switch is more than 3 1/4" inches from the bottom of the mod though, it should be fine.

If the distance is less I can, of course, make a holster with a shorter front to accommodate the ProVari.

14. Jimi Mack

Jimi Mack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Can these be made without the slotted flap, to allow for a quick draw of the mod?

15. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Looking good

16. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

One for each of these please 8)

Fantastic craftsmanship. Miss the days of my lanyard and Screwdriver sometimes. Hanging a provari or darwin around your neck is a bit rough though, lol.

17. Rosco

Rosco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Please..show us this version when you are done with it. :thumb:

18. Gooberhead

Gooberhead Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very Nice Grif! I've been talking about this idea for awhile.Definately a much needed accessory,and will no doubt prove to be profitable.

I'll be keeping a watch on you for expansion into box mods "The Monkeyboxx"----thanks

19. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If you make them for the bottom feed mods (Monkeyboxx, REO, Phidias) you will sell hundreds. IMO, the bottom feed mods are the future of vaping. Look at the popularity of them on ECF. There has been a feeding frenzy for them for months.

20. dertbv

dertbv Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looking for the darwin case also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.