Griff's Leather Mod Holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Will these hold a mod with a tank on top? (Maptank, Stormtank etc) Thanks

It shouldn't be a big deal to accommodate a tank as long as it's not too much bigger than the mod that it sits on; I'd just need to know the measurements of whatever is mounted on the mod to adjust the length of the flap and slot for a good fit.

These really do look BA! let me know when the provari one is ready, or the measurements are confirmed... seems that such a nice mod would need one of these holsters!

It looks like the ProVari is .9" in diameter and 4.1" in length so I just need a measurement from the bottom of the mod to the bottom of the button and I can put one together since I already have a wooden form made up for it.

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A few of folks have asked for holsters with snaps rather than tuck bands; it's easy enough to make them that way but it does put the metal snap backing into contact with your mod. It's conceivable that this could scratch the surface of the mod, but I can make them that way if anyone wants one.

I've also finally put together a version for box mods with side-mounted buttons (Ali'i version shown below) which has the same open bottom design to make it easy to remove the mod. I'm still trying to come up with something that will work for box mods with front-mounted buttons.

20110428_Snap_Alii.jpg

Prices for these are the same; $25 with sewn leather belt loop or $30 with steel spring clip (includes USPS First Class shipment and delivery confirmation within the US). Priority Shipping is available for an additional $3.00. Please contact me for other shipping rates. I can accept payment by PayPal (no mention of e-cigs) or USPS Postal Money Order.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
A few of folks have asked for holsters with snaps rather than tuck bands; it's easy enough to make them that way but it does put the metal snap backing into contact with your mod. It's conceivable that this could scratch the surface of the mod, but I can make them that way if anyone wants one.

I've also finally put together a version for box mods with side-mounted buttons (Ali'i version shown below) which has the same open bottom design to make it easy to remove the mod. I'm still trying to come up with something that will work for box mods with front-mounted buttons.

20110428_Snap_Alii.jpg

Prices for these are the same; $25 with sewn leather belt loop or $30 with steel spring clip (includes USPS First Class shipment and delivery confirmation within the US). Priority Shipping is available for an additional $3.00. Please contact me for other shipping rates. I can accept payment by PayPal (no mention of e-cigs) or USPS Postal Money Order.

For those thinking a snap would be better, if you care anything about the appearance of your mod, it's a bad, bad idea.

Griff's flap design is wel executed perfection and allows one holster to accommodate several mods of varying lengths (as long as the diameters are close).

As the proud purchaser of order #001, I'm speaking from experience. Forget the snap and go with the flap!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
It looks like the ProVari is .9" in diameter and 4.1" in length so I just need a measurement from the bottom of the mod to the bottom of the button and I can put one together since I already have a wooden form made up for it.

ProVari measurements:

Diameter: 22mm

Total Length: 104mm
Length from bottom to button: 72mm
Length/diameter of button: 6mm
Length from top of button to top: 26mm

Total length (w/ extended cap): 117mm
Length from bottom to button (w/ extended cap): 85mm

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Is a magnet closure feasable vs the snap or flap? I agree a snap is definitely gonna scratch. I find the flap difficult to open when I have it on my belt. Ive actually been tucking the flap behind my belt and leaving the top open.

I'm lucky Ruppy, I can just pull my holster off my belt or pocket and vape my Buzz without even taking it out of the holster. So the flap is not even an issue for me. The only time I even have to take it out of the holster really is to change the batteries every 12-20 hours or so. I'm really liking my holster - a lot.

This old Harley dude has always had a love of leather and I sure have enough of it. Been riding Harleys for 40+ years and after that long, I've got a bit of well worn leathers to show for it. They only get better with age anyway. :thumb:

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Is a magnet closure feasable vs the snap or flap? I agree a snap is definitely gonna scratch. I find the flap difficult to open when I have it on my belt. Ive actually been tucking the flap behind my belt and leaving the top open.

I suppose it could be glued onto the front of the flap and hidden by a decorative stud of some kind. The trick would be finding a fairly strong magnet that isn't too expensive - I'll have to look into that. (And it would only work for mods that are magnetic).

I have been working on a flapless version of the holster but it's a little trickier because the fit has to be perfect or the mod is either too hard to get in and out or too loose and likely to pop out. A really strong magnet hidden by a stud might work here too, though.

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
ProVari measurements:

Diameter: 22mm

Total Length: 104mm
Length from bottom to button: 72mm
Length/diameter of button: 6mm
Length from top of button to top: 26mm

Total length (w/ extended cap): 117mm
Length from bottom to button (w/ extended cap): 85mm

Sweet, thanks a bunch Digs!

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Rare earth magnets griffin. They are super strong and pretty cheap. Order them online or grab some at radio shack.

Most cell cases made with magnetic closures use one in the body of the case and one in the flap. They are inside the flap and case though. not sure how they get them in there lol. One would work if the mod is magnetic. The shell of my buzz is not magnetic but the magnet is strong enough to go clear through and stick to the battery. Not super strong hold to it though.

Last edited:

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Perfect! I'm a blue collar guy who needs a holster to protect and serve. lol What a slogan..!

Got one for a rio mini yet? Im looking for something that covers the entire PV including the drip tip, with a belt loop so it cant pop off where ever I crawl. Snap cover would be best and a thin piece of leather on the inside to prevent scratching my tumbled aluminum finish. :laugh:

You could sell 100's of those. Can I please order one before your back logged please?

marcalbar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Philippines

20110428_Snap_Alii.jpg

Hey Griffin!

Will the REO Woodvil and Grand fit in this holster?

These are very nice designs you got here. Looks like heavy duty leather.

Marc

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
The leather is very nice and my holster is quite sturdy. Since getting it, I wonder what the heck I did before. My Buzz stays in the holster all the time, unless I have to change batteries. I can even vape without even taking it out of the holster. I just grab it off my belt or pocket, vape away, and clip it back on my belt. Just perfect for me....I love it.:thumb:

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Perfect! I'm a blue collar guy who needs a holster to protect and serve. lol What a slogan..!

Got one for a rio mini yet? Im looking for something that covers the entire PV including the drip tip, with a belt loop so it cant pop off where ever I crawl. Snap cover would be best and a thin piece of leather on the inside to prevent scratching my tumbled aluminum finish. :laugh:

You could sell 100's of those. Can I please order one before your back logged please?

It would be easy enough to make up a holster for the mini, given the dimensions. Having a slotless flap to cover the atty/tip would be easy too, though it might look a little silly.

I'd be a little concerned about the snap, even with a backing, due the the pressure that you'd have to put on the mod. You would know better than I - would it be likely to bend the door on the mini?

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Griffin!

Will the REO Woodvil and Grand fit in this holster?

These are very nice designs you got here. Looks like heavy duty leather.

Marc

I'm not sure of the dimensions of the Woodvil or Grand but it would be easy enough to adapt the design to any box mod with a top or side-mounted button. (The Ali'i that that holster was made to fit is 4" x 2" x 1 1/16").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread