Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds4Fintan

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Ankeny, IA USA
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I saw this on Vapor Craft's website.

American Made, $155, 12ml bottle, mosfet switch, and the big news.....comes with a Loki Labs BF Odin. Should I try this as my first BF mod?

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

puffnhuff

Aug 24, 2014
South Africa
Only get this if you want a BF with original Odin ( Good, IF, you're a lung hitter). I would be more interested in the price without the atty. Otherwise, It's just a pretty BF hammond box. Don't see any safety features, like on-off, locks or fuses. As an unregulated BF box meant for all day carry, a lock and fuse ( or any dead short protection like the collapsible hot springs) are critical. I'll spare you the Reo pitch as you've already had that, but if budget is an issue, keep an eye out for some of the chinese metal BF box attempts coming out. The current ones still need some tweaks, but they're getting there.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Its a great mod at a fantastic price. The atty alone is $70. Its not a REO clone....the scepticism from REO owners is a little off putting. I've used reos for a long time and I'll continue to use them. Rob is an amazing guy and the REO is a dynamite device. The owner of Grunt Vapor is also the owner of Vaporcraft. There's a lifetime warranty on the mod. Extended service shouldn't be an issue. He uses reos as well.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I'm not a huge fan of Hammond box mods but, I'm not going to lie... I like this thing a lot. Price seems to be right considering it comes with an Odin and two drip tips. I'm really feeling the orange one.

SIBorange__23143.1427478183.1280.1280.jpg
Lol, I'm diggin' the orange too! Would love to see pricing non-Odin, and it is great to see another bf mod hit the streets!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have the orange, green and teal. I happen to be working in Columbus ga and saw these in a b&m. As a huge REO fan and squonkers in general, I bought one. The next day, I bought 2 more. They're great mods. I met with the owner of Grunt Vapor.....he's a great guy. Retired army and the owner of Vaporcraft. There's no plans to do custom colors yet. As of now, they'll all come as a kit with the Odin. ($70 atty) I think its a great idea selling it as a kit, especially for that price. Plus, the Odin is an excellent bf atty. As much as I love all of my REO mods, these have taken over the front seat.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
These are Hammond "g" boxes, correct? I'm really tempted to snag one... and I probably will after I snag a Woodvil.
Yes...g boxes. I just bought a 4th because I gave one to a friend to try. He informed me I won't be getting it back. It was the green one, and the green is really nice. I'm glad there's only 4 colors and I only like 3 of them....it's getting expensive! I still use the Reo, but I really like the 12ml bottle and the wired button. These things are really good.

Rumi

Apr 1, 2015
Kapolei, HI, USA
No on off switch but while the button isn't hard to push it isn't featherlight to fire. Been keeping mine in a cheap phone/ credit card clutch with a rolled up baby sock on the bottom or wrist sweatband to keep distance in the clutch away from the button. So far I don't think it's accidentally fired. I keep the clutch in a purse pocket not on my wrist. Love to hear any other safe carry methods that don't require taking out the battery. Been using the baby sock on metal boxes to help reduce arthritis lol. image.jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread