Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I was considering ordering one – wasn’t thrilled with the look, but it’s not bad, and the Odin was a big plus. Nice price as well. I emailed them with a couple of questions about the mod. After no response after a few days, I emailed them again. Again no response.

While I was waiting for a response I started looking at Reos (had one a while back, but sold it and missed having a squonker). Emailed Rob with a question about the new 510 connection in the Reos. Got an answer back in a few hours. Got the Reo instead (Reo Grand LP). Running it with a By Leo Apollo at the moment; have a v2 Odin on order.

I’ve read other posts about Grunt Vapor being responsive, but it was not the case for me.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I was considering ordering one – wasn’t thrilled with the look, but it’s not bad, and the Odin was a big plus. Nice price as well. I emailed them with a couple of questions about the mod. After no response after a few days, I emailed them again. Again no response.

While I was waiting for a response I started looking at Reos (had one a while back, but sold it and missed having a squonker). Emailed Rob with a question about the new 510 connection in the Reos. Got an answer back in a few hours. Got the Reo instead (Reo Grand LP). Running it with a By Leo Apollo at the moment; have a v2 Odin on order.

I’ve read other posts about Grunt Vapor being responsive, but it was not the case for me.

Grunt was very responsive to my queries. It is unfortunate you didn't receive the same level of service. And, while I really do like my SIB, I much prefer my four REOs. The SIB is a cool device and I love the Odin... but, the Hammond box lean messes with my head. I've never been a huge fan of Hammond box mods but figured I'd give the SIB a chance. And, again, I don't regret the purchase - I'm actually quite pleased with the purchase and use the SIB on the daily in rotation with my REOs. But, REO > SIB.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Grunt was very responsive to my queries. It is unfortunate you didn't receive the same level of service. And, while I really do like my SIB, I much prefer my four REOs. The SIB is a cool device and I love the Odin... but, the Hammond box lean messes with my head. I've never been a huge fan of Hammond box mods but figured I'd give the SIB a chance. And, again, I don't regret the purchase - I'm actually quite pleased with the purchase and use the SIB on the daily in rotation with my REOs. But, REO > SIB.
I agree....if I had to pick, I'd go REO. Then again, I'd pick the REO over my Sunbox E7 too. A good REO is very hard to beat.

jars 85

Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Your best bet would be to contact the vendor.

Contact
Thanks inswva, I shot them an email but unfortunately so far they have stated that they only ship within the states, I'm really hoping we can work something out. Really like the look of these compared most other squonkers.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Never had a squonker before but I'm seriously considering this for my next device. How is the airflow on the Odin? For dripping I like lots of airflow, so how does it compare to other non-BF RDAs - Freakshow, Troll, Hobo, CLT V3, any other popular RDAs to compare to?

Thanks,
Treeburner

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's Friday and mine just showed about an hour ago. First real squonk box. I'm digging it. On the Odin airflow, I could enjoy a bit more, but then I like lots of air and lots of heat in my vapes. For most, I think the airflow would be just fine. When I say I like lots of airflow, keep in mind I wrap 20g coils.

Thanks for the input on the airflow, that put the nail in the coffin for me buying one!

-Treeburner

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So excited! My fluorescent green SIB and Odin should be here Wednesday! Can't wait to try my hand at squonking - have always been happy with my tank atomizers but having a portable dripper does appeal to me so hopefully I'll be a convert!

-Treeburner

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
So excited! My fluorescent green SIB and Odin should be here Wednesday! Can't wait to try my hand at squonking - have always been happy with my tank atomizers but having a portable dripper does appeal to me so hopefully I'll be a convert!

-Treeburner
It's a whole new level of vaping going from a tank to a sqounker.I never really liked rda's just for the fact of having to carry around a bottle of juice,and always having to re drip,but i decided to try a bottom feeder,and i'm hooked haha.I now have 3 and in the process of building a vw one,and the same with rda's,i had 2 before i got a bottom feeder,now i have 8,and continue getting more.

Reactions: bullhcr

RavenousPathogen

Jul 15, 2015
Treeburner, it's not as bright in the color as you think from the pics shown, it's closer to a lime green if anything. That's the color I chose too. Kinda hard to explain on exactly WHAT the color is, I just know it's not as bright as it looks on the site. Then again, it COULD just be my screen not calibrated to show true correct colors.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm hoping they'll make a jwrap for it, really didn't care for any of the colors but didn't like the button placement on the Reo Grand LP and liked that it came with a tried and true bf atty.

-Treeburner
I told Eric to make a black and a grey...he also does a nice desert camo, but those colors are used on other mods. He won't do it. Jwraps has wraps for Hammond G boxes. The SIB is a G box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread