Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
i was vaping in a public place, and someone came up to me and told me that I'm going to get copd from vaping so much, and that the second hand vape is horrible. I got mad because if so much better for you than cigs!!

Don't get mad - Smile and say..........Beats sounding Stupid.........and walk away :D

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I think I might inform them they are confusing vaping with smoking. If they are insistent, tell them you're sorry they have been misinformed. I don't think I want to let ill-informed people get under my skin (some of them would like nothing better!), but I have yet to be accosted like you were.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I have to sit with the smokers at work in order to vape and I hear stupid comments from time to time but the best was a pregnant girl that was smoking a cigarette while saying my mod is in danger of blowing up. She smoked all 9 months of her pregnancy!

Newtothevapelyf3

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2016
    i was vaping in a public place, and someone came up to me and told me that I'm going to get copd from vaping so much, and that the second hand vape is horrible. I got mad because if so much better for you than cigs!!
    Haha like I don't think vaping causes copd or anything... If anything vaping helps it. I have read multiple stories about people vaping with copd and they're breathing getting better

rico942

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    I've used variations on this response several times, to the "mock concern" remarks on the "hazards of nicotine". Keeping in mind that the person generally doesn't really care about your health or well-being, but is only trying to establish superiority, which makes them fair game for a retaliatory spoof ...

Do you still have the patience

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    12728443_1706043579673473_1461386442_n.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    I would of said well at least you didn't call it "Popcorn Lung ".

Any respiratory issues that may be shown to be an issue in the distant future will never be called "Popcorn lung" it will be related more to COPD and other respiratory diseases .

Thats a big "if" though . I don't vape juice with diketones just to eliminate as many possible risk factors as possible. Many medical professionals believe it's the diketones in cigarettes that are a big contributing factor for respiratory issues.

I am also not dumb enough to believe ALL e juices have far less diketones than real cigarettes , the famous "Five Pawns" e juice company had juices that tested to have diketone levels that exceeded that of real cigarettes.

With thousands of e juice company's out there i know they aren't the only ones . With people consuming MUCH more juice than ever before with sub ohm and high wattage it's a concern .

If i was in my 20's and 30's i wouldn't care but at my age and living dangerously when younger i am paying for some of those decisions now with health issues.

To each their own though

Newtothevapelyf3

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2016
    I would of said well at least you didn't call it "Popcorn Lung ".

Any respiratory issues that may be shown to be an issue in the distant future will never be called "Popcorn lung" it will be related more to COPD and other respiratory diseases .

Thats a big "if" though . I don't vape juice with diketones just to eliminate as many possible risk factors as possible. Many medical professionals believe it's the diketones in cigarettes that are a big contributing factor for respiratory issues.

I am also not dumb enough to believe ALL e juices have far less diketones than real cigarettes , the famous "Five Pawns" e juice company had juices that tested to have diketone levels that exceeded that of real cigarettes.

With thousands of e juice company's out there i know they aren't the only ones . With people consuming MUCH more juice than ever before with sub ohm and high wattage it's a concern .

If i was in my 20's and 30's i wouldn't care but at my age and living dangerously when younger i am paying for some of those decisions now with health issues.

To each their own though
    So your saying vaping can cause copd?

Coldrake

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    The beautiful Puget Sound
    You should have said, "Hey! This is what got rid of my COPD!'

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    The best I've heard is the other day a neighbor said to me, " Y'all better watch out for them things. The news is sayin' they are blowing up!" I told her that the news is mostly wrong. That its mostly idiots putting spares batteries, like the kind in flashlights, in their pockets. The other people are doing stuff with their mods, or ecigs, that they shouldn't.

She was very interested and wants me to order her a MVP 20 watt and Aspire ET-S, what my fiance and I have, for her. :thumbs: I'm very excited to help her on her journey! If she fully converts, she will be the first person I know where I live that vapes! :banana::banana:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread