Status
Not open for further replies.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can't find an appropriate thread, so here goes:
I have not tried DIY yet, but am really wanting to jump in. Here are my questions/concerns:

I have tried 20+ vendors to date and there is quite a variety of quality. There are vendors who I dislike all of thier e liquids as they have a funny underlying flavor. What is the most important component of DIY e liquids that affects the overall flavor? (What causes all e liquids from a vendor to taste off)? I think what I am asking is which if the ingredients is the one that determines quality? Or is it truly all (Nicotine, flavoring, base, etc)? Ar there any ingredients that quality isn't as important?
Are there higher/artisan/gourmet suppliers for each of these? (I don't want to spend a ton of cash and get discouraged right off.)
I would like to find high quality 100% organic, VG-any recommendations for this?
Is there a chart anywhere that compares DIY supplier ingredients to pre-made vendors?
There is so much information out there, I am struggling to even know where to begin to get answers to these questions, so any input would be appreciated!!

I asked my juice man and he says some vendors cut with vodka is what can make them stinging and harsh...not sure about if the off that you are mentioning is just a matter of the recipe or the flavor itself.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
There is a list around here of non-PG flavors. I use vaping Zone super concentrates. A lot of people who prefer 100% VG end up DIYing to get what they want. I've never had a problem with equipment or flavor.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can't find an appropriate thread, so here goes:
I have not tried DIY yet, but am really wanting to jump in. Here are my questions/concerns:

I have tried 20+ vendors to date and there is quite a variety of quality. There are vendors who I dislike all of thier e liquids as they have a funny underlying flavor. What is the most important component of DIY e liquids that affects the overall flavor? (What causes all e liquids from a vendor to taste off)? I think what I am asking is which if the ingredients is the one that determines quality? Or is it truly all (Nicotine, flavoring, base, etc)? Ar there any ingredients that quality isn't as important?
Are there higher/artisan/gourmet suppliers for each of these? (I don't want to spend a ton of cash and get discouraged right off.)
I would like to find high quality 100% organic, VG-any recommendations for this?
Is there a chart anywhere that compares DIY supplier ingredients to pre-made vendors?
There is so much information out there, I am struggling to even know where to begin to get answers to these questions, so any input would be appreciated!!

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Hello everyone, I have been checking out a site called Natures Flavors which some of you guys have used, and I am totally confused. What is the difference between "syrup", "extract", "concentrate" and "Flavor". Do they really mean it when they say a flavor is "natural" or is it a play on words. Which of their products is suitable for vaping, and at what %? I am interested in peach flavor, vanilla and an exotic flavor called "Cardamom" which I love. Sorry about the nubee questions. Here is a link to the site:

Nature's Flavors

I have great success with them but that site you have is confusing lol. I've been getting my Natures Flavours from highdesertvapes https://highdesertvapes.com/categories/DIY/DIY-Flavors/NF-Organic/ and ecigexpress Nature's Flavor Organic e-Liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress (both places have some of the same but also some different than the other, neither vendor carries all of them, but it is quite a good variety.) Sign up for newsletter from all the different sites that offer one and you'll be notified when there's a coupon or sale :)

Same goes for vapingzone 's super concentrated alcohol based flavors as far as having great success for my DIY purposes. They send out newsletters frequently! A few drops goes a long way! (assuming you'll have time for steeping that is. I use 100% VG and notice that all my DIY mixes are best after about 4 weeks or longer in a few cases.)

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Thank you!!! I needed this! :)

And this thread... Omg, what a super way to dive in... Im reading every piece of this thread. It'll take a while but I'm starting to understand!!!
I found a great chart to help us boneheads that have trouble with the calculators

CLICK HERE

It's a breakdown of what you add to cut 36 nic to various levels of MG (at liquidxpress)

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

Hi Angie:)
Not sure how I missed this post from 4 months ago! You probably have your answers by now. I've never tried "organic" VG...did you find it?
I had tried a lot of vendor-made and many had an off taste. I decided it's from 2 possible things: quality and type of the nic base and that some vendors use PG based flavors, which give me an off taste (among other problems). Some use a peppery nic which throws off flavors for me as well. Off tasting e-liquids might also have to do with the VG or PG that some vendors use. Not sure if "organic" VG would have anything to do with that one way or the other though.

Good luck:)

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
I've been vaping for some time now. Back when I first started I hit the ground running(at 150mph) and thought I was going to be able to wipe up some great juice right out of the gates. After about 2months and several hundred dollars later I still hadn't come up with anything that was vape able(at least in my eyes). So I gave up, I packed all of my equipment into a few boxes and put them in my garage. That was about a year ago. Just recently I've started to get that itch to try DIY again so I've been reading(ALOT)and doing so I found this thread. I wanted to say thank you for breaking all of that info down for me. I fill much better knowing that all of the links, recipes, calculators etc. are all right here when I need them. Well anyway thank you and I'll check back in with you on this thread when I wipe up something awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread