Gurgling tank and spitting juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Okay I see the gasket on the drip tip and chimney lol . I'm new to all this , but I'm trying to learn because I really enjoy vaping !

Pretty much, you want a solid barrier between the juice and the outside. The only place it should be touching something other than metal, o-ring, or glass, is the cotton. most of the times, there's NOT a gasket or o-ring where there's threading, but if I can, I add an o-ring there if possible.

So if there's only one way for the juice to go, it HAS to go through the cotton. That leaves you with the amount of cotton to determine the amount of juice that flows to the coil. Less cotton means less resistance for the juice to flow to the coil... too little, and it won't offer enough resistance to keep the coil from flooding. On the opposite end of the spectrum, too much cotton won't let enough juice to get to the coil fast enough, and you will end up with dry hits, and possibly burning the cotton the coil is wrapped around. That's called a dry hit, and it's not very pleasant.

That's the basics of how most tank atomizers work. You should've seen the times leading up to this setup... for a while, it was where they had a reservoir, and the juice had to wick up to the coil.... but.. if you turned the atomizer upsidown, juice would leak out like crazy. Other methods are just to keep all the juice in the cotton.. that's how most of the "cigalikes" nowadays work... but since they hold so little juice, the atomizer has to be tiny or it will burn up all the juice in one or two puffs.

Brittany497

Aug 15, 2016
Generally 50/50 works in most things.
In a last ditch attempt, I've ordered some 0.6ohm AIO coils to try and save the Cubis tank from being fired!
Would max vg be better ? The juice I'm using now is 20/80pg/vg . The coils I have are .5ohm . I was thinking about ordering juice from vista vapors , have you heard of them ?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Would max vg be better ? The juice I'm using now is 20/80pg/vg . The coils I have are .5ohm . I was thinking about ordering juice from vista vapors , have you heard of them ?
I'd be lying if I said more VG didn't assist with spitting issues, but I just don't like a) working with it and b) vaping it. Horrible stuff. Dry-hit city one minute, soggy sauna the next.
Is your current liquid 80% PG? Going from 80% VG to max won't help much, but yes - if your liquid is 80% PG, then....it's worth a go. Should improve things I'd say. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread