ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Oh, my my! The Gus LORD!
A PICTORIAL...

That's exactly what comes to your mind when you hold this tempting piece of equipment, Oh my my! A gorgeous, stunning, well crafted mod that seems to have been so understated / underrated that I wish many vapers actually got close with, knew more about it. As such, here's my effort to bring it in the forefront, with a series of pictures.

What is it?
1. A 22mm Telescopic mod
2. Bottom firer
3. Top-cap with airflow
4. Three tone finish throughout
5. Carved body tube/s, which isn't just plain engraving

What is unique about it?
The Gus Lord is one part of the iconic duo (the other is the Gus Kiss) that bring the Gus Mods to another level of vape expertise. They are the 'only' mods that I know of which has:
1. Ball bearings in the Switch
2. Safety Fuses in the Top-Cap
3. An entirely engraved (carved out) body

The Detailing:

It's not just the body engravings which beautify the Gus Lord. Here we have a device which has been clearly crafted with a heart. The modder's love and workmanship is evident in every piece of the Lord. The 'dual-tone' top cap, the gold accent rings, the little 'crowns' on the top-cap, the deep nudges all around the top and bottom gold rings, the lining up of the graphics on both sides of the mod and the signature fingerprint on the switch ~ all add up making this mod superlatively appealing. Yes, it's all in the detailing!

The Top-Cap:

TIP: Switching the fuses:

The telescopic positive pin (actually the Safety Fuse system) which come as the stock setup seem to be bulky, taking up some pointless space. Tho a design necessity for using the mod in 18350 mode I seriously feel it unnecessarily 'adds' to length of the mod ~ without which it is just about the same volume as an 18500 would take.

I thus switched the stock positive pin setup with the 'other', shorter fuse pin (also enclosed in the package) and seem to find the device more winsome. Which brings me to the opinion that the Gus Lord might actually been made for 18500 batteries! And it looks gorgeous in that mode!

How the mail comes in?

BOTTOMLINE:
We have seen it all ~ many suave tubular mods which give the 'hits'. What the Gus Lord does is go beyond, change the game. This is a hi-end mod, and like any other in its genre performs extremely well. But it also stylizes it further. Gone are your plain-Jane tubes, here comes a fully engraved body (carved internal telescopic tube as well) which adds a bling to the way we vape. This thing is mesmerizing. There is something extraordinary about it. Yes, it hits hard ~ but also so beautifully! And all this in an attractively priced package as well. Thus the Gus ~ the Gus Lord! All so magnetic, every bit of it

Get it to believe it!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The locking ring and the Switch work so good. Not sure but I think they have modified the Switch since the first review I listened. Cause the travel is more 3mm compare to the 5mm on the review.

Yep, the switch has a delrin washer inside now, which reduces the throw by a few mms.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
Those are great pics! In fact, these pics are what grabbed my attention with this Mod. Being new to mods and vaping all together I don't really even know how to put the damn thing together. But I ordered one, just had to have it, lol. Dspin has been helping me with trying to understand some of the process, much thanks to him. I have also ordered the Prometey and will most likely order the Achilles as well due to long wait times. Any suggestions on a decent RDA or other topper while I wait for the greek units?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Those are great pics! In fact, these pics are what grabbed my attention with this Mod. Being new to mods and vaping all together I don't really even know how to put the damn thing together. But I ordered one, just had to have it, lol. Dspin has been helping me with trying to understand some of the process, much thanks to him. I have also ordered the Prometey and will most likely order the Achilles as well due to long wait times. Any suggestions on a decent RDA or other topper while I wait for the greek units?

Get a Kayfun Lite+ or the Russian 91%. These two are by far the best Attys out there, which vape tremendously well and are also easy to setup! When I took in my first Kayfun, a year back, I was a noob vaper ~ and it just got right in the very first attempt. Since then I have six of them... and compare any other atty (I have many) to my Kayfuns!

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
Get a Kayfun Lite+ or the Russian 91%. These two are by far the best Attys out there, which vape tremendously well and are also easy to setup! When I took in my first Kayfun, a year back, I was a noob vaper ~ and it just got right in the very first attempt. Since then I have six of them... and compare any other atty (I have many) to my Kayfuns!

That is the second suggestion to the Kayfun Lite+ and therefore enough for me. Any suggestions on the best place to pick one up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread