Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I am trying to reach someone in particular who loves Gus mods. I can't remember their name but if they or anybody else who knows sees this can they help.

I need to take the ball bearing switch for my kiss apart for a good cleaning. Also the core. I have seen one vid on YouTube but the mod is the G16 I think.

Just wanted to know if it's roundabout the same procedure before these switches get clamped and a hammer becomes involved.

Many thanks.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hi Zutankhamun

You are probably speaking of Mr Qorax. He is the GUS mods guru.

The switches are not as difficult to clean as they seem. If you can take a pict of the switch, I can see which one it is.

There are 2 types , most of the newer ones just need an allen wrench to take apart and the most worrisome part is keeping the ball bearings from rolling out and getting lost.

I do take mine apart everyone in a while and give them a good cleaning. You might want to take your switch and soak it in acetone ( pure acetone ) for about 15 mins, then give them a good blow out with one of those cans like one uses for computer parts and dry. This will not hurt the delrin. This is good to do every once in a while to keep clean.

I just want to make sure I know which one you have, one of the styles needs a c-clip to remove or a clamp like this to pry the clip apart gently.
tools_zpszofkaris.jpg
GUS-SWITCH-028_zpstdsprf7y.jpg

Im kinda GUS switch crazy

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This is how to take one type of BB Switch. Its different than mine, it has the clip.
Hope this helps. Just be careful not to loose those pesky ball bearings. I use a really tiny bit of lube (nyogel) to keep them sticking to the little holes.

Hope this helps

I have this little GUS 18350 with a completely different switch, no bearings, but different clip I cant figure out how to take off. I have a feeling with its age, that it needs a total break down, but cant figure out how to take it apart. I found one video, but the instrument he used to remove the clip was not shown.

gus%20sm-001_zpszrldm2a4.jpg

Reactions: MMW

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
@anavidfan
Na, you was the person I was looking for. Yay
First saw the kiss & Phenomenon on a vid with Qorax and thought 'I have to have it'.
I'm saving up for the Lord and the G22 now. 2 weeks fingers crossed. Had to take a pic cos I'm proud of them.
You were right. I can't stop. These are the switches so far.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hi, those look wonderful. I see you got the new "carp" one on the left, its a beauty.

The 2 switches on the right are the same as the ones I have. Those are pretty easy, You just need an allen wrench.

I will see what size and see if I can put together a little visual.

Those are fairly new so do the acetone dip in the meantime.

As far as the one on the left, I will see if I can get any info on that one.

You've got quite a case of the "GUS" virus. It never quite goes away.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi, those look wonderful. I see you got the new "carp" one on the left, its a beauty.

The 2 switches on the right are the same as the ones I have. Those are pretty easy, You just need an allen wrench.

I will see what size and see if I can put together a little visual.

Those are fairly new so do the acetone dip in the meantime.

As far as the one on the left, I will see if I can get any info on that one.

You've got quite a case of the "GUS" virus. It never quite goes away.

Thank you very much. I am going to pop to the local hardware shop and get the couple tools I need. I am gutted because that 'dragon' mod was sooo expensive but I'm fine with that but tiny little scuffs and scratches are really annoying me. It's only 2 microns plated (whatever that means), so I doubt I will be able to have them polished out by the jeweller when it gets bad.

I really do like their stuff and can't wait to get more. Do you have any experience with the safety fuse because the guys from Gus and Qorax told me that it will go until 15-17 and sometimes 20 Amps even though it says 12? I am safe enough any way so it isn't a concern, but if they work then even a .3 will just go to 14 amps so why not?

One last thing. How have both the general threading for switches and top caps and the 510 threading done for you?
Will they last a good while, and do you have spares?
Many thanks
The little explanation, if you do it, is more than appreciated.
Ta

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Oh yeah, some guys on this forum told me that acetone is too abrasive for these mods. No problem for you then?
Also, should I not put the delrin in the acetone along with the rest?

The guys from Gus did mention acetone for cleaning.
Even with the gold?
I ask the guy from Gus so many questions, I'm just gonna annoy you and Qorax now. :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread