• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Guys! I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderfulDakota

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
Irene, SD

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Sorry I haven't been around lately. Bought a new house, and fixing stuff is taking all of my time. But here's the thing; I dropped my VAMO one too many times. It's one of these:

VAMO Rev.2 Variable Power (adjustable wattage), Variable Voltage APV - Polished Stainless

Does anyone know anything about fixing them? I don't have $60.00 to buy a new one (new house, as mentioned above. LOL), so anything you can tell me would be great!

You probably don't want to ask me.....I tried taking mine apart because it wasn't firing correctly. I ended up ruining the whole thing. I tried for 30 minutes to take the top of it off, but it wouldn't budge.....
What's wrong with yours?

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
I can't help you with that issue. I tried to take the top off my zmax and the fire button came out. Tried to put it back in and it wouldn't stay. To the trash it went. The only issue I had with my vamo was the firing pin issue but I replaced the o ring and it has been working fine every since. Good luck to ya and hope you can get it fixed!

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
The right hand adjust button fell off inside the case, and the fire button isn't clicking. The poor thing is dead. I'm wondering if there's a place to buy the electrical stuff to repair it. The case is heavy stainless steel, without a mark on it. It seems a shame to just throw it out...

I watched a video of a guy taking his apart. He took it apart and put it back together in 8 minutes. I spent 30 minutes trying to get the top off of mine before I got real aggressive with it and ended up shattering the screen and scratching it really bad. Never did get it apart.....it now sits in my drawer.....that was when I bought my provari.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
The right hand adjust button fell off inside the case, and the fire button isn't clicking. The poor thing is dead. I'm wondering if there's a place to buy the electrical stuff to repair it. The case is heavy stainless steel, without a mark on it. It seems a shame to just throw it out...

Could be a pretty easy fix, once it's apart.. Probably wouldn't be too bad to get apart, but I saw the before and after of Jake's, so who knows.. If you were closer, I would offer to take a look at it

WonderfulDakota

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
Irene, SD
I saw a video on YouTube about how to take it apart, and I tried my best to get the top apart. No luck. I succeeded in scratching it up, in spite of wrapping it in a towel first. I did get the section right below the buttons apart, and saw that the circuit board was a bit twisted. I twisted it back, and IT WORKS! I'm still missing the right hand (+) button, but I can work around that. I can't change back to voltage, but I leave it on wattage all the time any way. To change the level, I just push the button down until I get there. I can't check the resistance of my Nova, but I have a meter for that. So I guess I just use my crippled VAMO until I can afford a new one. I can live with it! LOL

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I saw a video on YouTube about how to take it apart, and I tried my best to get the top apart. No luck. I succeeded in scratching it up, in spite of wrapping it in a towel first. I did get the section right below the buttons apart, and saw that the circuit board was a bit twisted. I twisted it back, and IT WORKS! I'm still missing the right hand (+) button, but I can work around that. I can't change back to voltage, but I leave it on wattage all the time any way. To change the level, I just push the button down until I get there. I can't check the resistance of my Nova, but I have a meter for that. So I guess I just use my crippled VAMO until I can afford a new one. I can live with it! LOL

Congrats! Glad you got that worked out, for the most part!

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE

I'm happy to hear you at least made it usable again!!

Jakersvape

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
The top is press fit put a rag around it and pull that's it ! Slide the pcb out fix the bottoms and slid it back in I have done it twice its easy

Mine wasn't that easy. I put a rag around it and tried for 30 minutes to get it off. I tried pliers, vice-grip, and it still wouldn't budge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread