Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I order from the 2,4,6,8 menu and get a 10% veteran's discount. AARP gets you 15%, but I had to pass on them when ACH was being touted about.

Hmmm... I'm curious as my husband is aarp eligible (he's 57) and his mom and I signed him up for a card from them so he could get discounts..

I guess I'm totally curious why someone shouldn't do this? You can message me, as this is a vaping forum and totally off topic.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Hmmm... I'm curious as my husband is aarp eligible (he's 57) and his mom and I signed him up for a card from them so he could get discounts..

I guess I'm totally curious why someone shouldn't do this? You can message me, as this is a vaping forum and totally off topic.
Well, if no one is willing to share the info here, please message me too.

I just threw away the sign up advertising for AARP because I remember hearing some bad stuff about them. But, I can't remember what the bad stuff was. It was a few years ago.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Your title is determined by your post count. According to Old Soldier, the owner of ECF:

Titles:

0-4 posts - New Member
5-69 - Full Member
70-259 - Senior Member
300-999 - Super Member
1000-2999 - Ultra Member
3000-9999 - Vaping Master
10000 and above - ECF Guru

So I don't know if your title alludes to how much you know about vaping, or simply how much you like to talk. :p
Hmmm, I was going to reply, but I believe I'll leave that one sitting right there on the hot plate where you put it:lol:

Reactions: stols001

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've been throwing away aarp info packets for years. They've been trying to remind me of how old I am for years. :?:
My kids tell me that my ex got pretty upset when a restaurant gave him a senior discount. He was only in his late 40's.

Reactions: Thayamax

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The only thing I've shopped through AARP is auto insurance. It was twice what I am paying now. I used to get their magazine constantly with the happy arpers on the cover. I think they quit sending them.
I re-up every year to get their free day bag. My kindle and my ecigs fit in there nicely ;)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

I keep forgetting to show my card, Imma find it and go to Denny's

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

FWIW, I am AARP age myself, but I won't sign up with them because I abhor their politics. It's kinda like joining a union, or the NRA. The bottom line is, they're political players. Sometimes because they have to be, sometimes because they want to be, or maybe both, depending on the group and their particular issues. But they are. There is no way to separate one's membership from it. If you support what they're doing, fine: sign up and send them your money. If not, stay away.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love Denny's actually. If you can find one where they clean out the grease traps with reasonable frequency, their food isn't that bad. (My kid adored Denny's so it's many a meal I suffered through while he ate Chicken Fried Steak) so I've gotten used to it, LOL. It's better than the big M, anyway....

I would never join an organization because they gave me a free bag. I'm talking to you, NPR, with your ever-increasing frequency of pledge drives. At least AARP doesn't do THAT. Though, I think my husband hates them most due to something hinky with them, but I can't remember what it was and he left early today, I can't ask him....

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My kids tell me that my ex got pretty upset when a restaurant gave him a senior discount. He was only in his late 40's.

Lol.. at least they don't keep thinking that he is his wife's father..

I have that problem with my husband. He is only about 8 years older than me, but he looks his age and I don't quite as much. (I havent gone grey and he has, etc.) If we go out to eat with his mother, they think it's she that's his wife and me their child..

That really really bugs my husband as it makes him feel like some sicko cradle robber... lol.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
You know it's not free if you have to pay dues to get it right? :lol:
$16 and I can use the discounts. We save a lot at RV parks when we travel, I just always forget it at restaurants I need a key tag so I remember. Those are nice bags too and hard to find any under $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread