Halo e-juices and AP/DA/Acetoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing some Halo juice and am looking to confine the AP/DA/Acetoin content of the e juices prior to my purchase.

While googling the topic, I saw a post in this subforum from several years ago referencing the topic and stating there is no AP/DA/Acetoin (amongst other chemicals) in Halo juices according to the Halo Rep. I have attached a pic for reference.

Currently the Halo website only states that there is no Diacetyl, with no reference to the other chemicals. Can you confirm that there is no AP or Acetoin in your e juices, in addition to the lack of Diacetyl?

Thanks!

f32430eeb98252417dec3f417cdd07c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
But seriously, I'm sure the vaping community will really appreciate this. Were any flavor recipes changed in order to meet this standard? In other words, does the proof of lack of AP/DA in halo ejuice retroactively apply to halo juice bought in the past (like last 6 months)?

And randle, I know you don't want to alienate any of your customer base, but if OSU sucks just say that a lot of the tests were conducted nearly a year ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngiBe

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I looked at the results, and I'm glad to see the open reporting from Halo. And very glad there are no detectable levels of diacetyl or acetyl propionyl.

Just a few points. First, the tests were done on the liquid. We don't ingest the liquid. We inhale the heated vaporized liquid. I wonder if the results would be similar if the vapor was tested.

Second, the pdf results don't say that the liquid tested is free of diacetyl or acetyl propionyl. It says it does not detect any levels above a minimum detection level of 1.14 ug/mL for 'Diacetyl' and 1.14 ug/mL for '2,3-Pentanedione'. Now, 1.14 micrograms per mL is minute to be sure. A µg or microgram is one millionth of a gram, or one thousandth of a mg. We use between 3 to 18 mG/mL of nicotine. so, to be under 0.00114mG/mL is very small.

Yes, I'm splitting hairs.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AngiBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread