Halo e-juices and AP/DA/Acetoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
there's probably a limit to how granular the test level can be. they cant physically see below a particular threshold so they use ambiguous terms like "undetected" instead of more absolute ones. blood tests work on a similar principal, so do tests to determine if a pilot is fit to fly thank goodness! otherwise i'da been out of the corps WAY earlier!

Reactions: DaveOno

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I looked at the results, and I'm glad to see the open reporting from Halo. And very glad there are no detectable levels of diacetyl or acetyl propionyl.

Just a few points. First, the tests were done on the liquid. We don't ingest the liquid. We inhale the heated vaporized liquid. I wonder if the results would be similar if the vapor was tested.

Second, the pdf results don't say that the liquid tested is free of diacetyl or acetyl propionyl. It says it does not detect any levels above a minimum detection level of 1.14 ug/mL for 'Diacetyl' and 1.14 ug/mL for '2,3-Pentanedione'. Now, 1.14 micrograms per mL is minute to be sure. A µg or microgram is one millionth of a gram, or one thousandth of a mg. We use between 3 to 18 mG/mL of nicotine. so, to be under 0.00114mG/mL is very small.

Yes, I'm splitting hairs.

:)

Very valid questions.

Reactions: DaveOno

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
there's probably a limit to how granular the test level can be. they cant physically see below a particular threshold so they use ambiguous terms like "undetected" instead of more absolute ones. blood tests work on a similar principal, so do tests to determine if a pilot is fit to fly thank goodness! otherwise i'da been out of the corps WAY earlier!

I luv when you talk all smart and stuff :wub::wub::wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread