Halo = Greedy with bad customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo was the first company I went with, still with them but after this second mishap it's kinda putting me off of this company.

My kit was fine and dandy, so I ordered a new, bigger battery. Well the button was sticking really bad. Even when it didn't stick it would stay vaping up to 10 seconds after I let go of the button. Which resulted in me having to press it a couple of times to get it to stop. I send them an email and they basically cannot admit anything wrong. They ask me useless questions like have I cleaned it,etc and im like "no it's brand new out of the box, been using it for 2 days" it stopped so I didn't see the need to follow up, especially since they were equivalent to some phone tech supports that literally just read off a screen.

Second instance occurred two days ago. One of my tanks started leaking quite bad. Where the metal ring attaches to the plastic tank itself. I said to myself "well why is it leaking I have literally never dropped it". Despite very little use (unscrewing,screwing the lip tip back in) and me never dropping it a single time it did this. So needless to say I send them email hoping they replace the almost brand new tank, nope.

Normal customer service would instantly say "We're sorry you're having problems with a new tank, we'll ship you out another". But nope, once again they asked me two useless questions. One being do I clean my tanks. I answered yes and told them how. Apparently this was a big mistake as it basically resulted in a "hey you screwed up and broke it so tough luck, buy a new one".

I rinse my tank out with luke warm water when changing flavors and let air dry.

This was their response "Washing the tank is the cause for the leak. We do not recommend washing our tanks as is will weaken or damage the seals causing the leaking that you are experiencing. The recommended method of cleaning would be to swab the inside of the tank with a damp q-tip. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences with your current tank. In this case, you will need to purchase a new tank."

Except, those "seals" are designed to prevent leaks, how on earth would exposing them to something they are built to withstand weakening them? The whole purpose of leak prevention seals is to come in contact with said liquids. Also would like to mention nowhere on their site or in their instruction booklet does it say anywhere "The recommended method of cleaning would be to swab the inside of the tank with a damp q-tip." After a quick skim through I saw nothing related to tank cleaning.

If rinsing out a tank designed to hold liquid breaks it, then it's a poorly made product.

Edit: Apparently this should be in a different section, despite this being the "Halo discussion thread" which would make it pretty stupid having to post a halo related topic in a different section. A section that requires copy/paste and a template (negative reviews)..Seems like this site caters to the companies, or at the very least said companies have way too much influence on/in this forum. Which is always bad.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
YA,.that is an odd response. I have Triton tanks OVER a year old, clean in Luke warm water and still no leaks. I think overly hot water can break the seals and cause leaking. And of course some juices can be harsh on tanks (non halo variety) or known to be tank crackers.

I thought for sure you were going to say mini tanks bcoz those are intended for kinda like a couple fills and done but people wash those too.

think overly hot water can break the seals and cause leaking.

Indeed, Im guessing the seals are silicone based and some type of silicone based glue is used to seat the metal part to the plastic part.

Boiling water would indeed weaken the glue/seals and cause them to weaken to the point of leakage. Oddly I always used luke warm water, nothing that would be too hot for my hand, so definitely not too hot for that. I would definitely say luke warm 100% of the time. But this is a tank that was only rinsed out 2-3 times max :S

But if something can break a tank that easily they should definitely mention it on their site. The Q-Tip thing is funny, you can't even fit a Q-Tip between the coil probe and the outer tank. :S

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Indeed, Im guessing the seals are silicone based and some type of silicone based glue is used to seat the metal part to the plastic part.

Boiling water would indeed weaken the glue/seals and cause them to weaken to the point of leakage. Oddly I always used luke warm water, nothing that would be too hot for my hand, so definitely not too hot for that. I would definitely say luke warm 100% of the time. But this is a tank that was only rinsed out 2-3 times max :S

YA that sucks and I've gotten a few lemon tanks too. But I don't get the message back not to clean them. Never heard that one before :confused:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
send a PM to Rockin Randle with your customer service ticket, my guess is this some new cust service employee that isn't quite up to snuff. If these tanks are relatively new, a simple rinse shouldn't cause a leak. And a defective battery button is pretty straight forward, Halo is usually really good on customer service, so this seems out of the norm.

send a PM to Rockin Randle with your customer service ticket, my guess is this some new cust service employee that isn't quite up to snuff. If these tanks are relatively new, a simple rinse shouldn't cause a leak. And a defective battery button is pretty straight forward, Halo is usually really good on customer service, so this seems out of the norm.

Will do. I mean they are only 6.00 bucks so it's not the end of the world and im not going to get overly .... about it if the outcome isn't favorable. Still something that's supposed to be new shouldn't end up breaking within 3ish uses and it should be replaced. :S

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi.

I agree with wheezal. One of Halo's Customer Service people needs some retraining. Contack Rocking Randle.

(Not cleaning a tank??? I have 7 Triton tanks in use for the last 15 months. They are cleaned in hot water, distilled water, sometimes with a denture cleaning tablet. To this day, they do not leak.)

Further, I could see jamming a Q-tip to be destructive, as it might put undue side pressure on the center chimney, loosening it from the base.

Yes, some Customer Service training is in order.

:)

Sweet, they contacted me and are shipping me out a new tank ^_^ Crisis averted. However they are still standing by what they said saying that washing them is a bad idea and will weaken the seals causing leaks and that the info I was given is correct. Hmmm. If people have been rinsing them out for a long period of time im guessing it was just cold water? :S hmm

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Sweet, they contacted me and are shipping me out a new tank ^_^ Crisis averted. However they are still standing by what they said saying that washing them is a bad idea and will weaken the seals causing leaks and that the info I was given is correct. Hmmm. If people have been rinsing them out for a long period of time im guessing it was just cold water? :S hmm

Well great news on the new tank! But I'm still confused on the no washing thing unless........these are different tanks/suppliers for them???? Totally baffled by this for sure. :confused:

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
ive done my fair share of abuse on my triton tanks.
Juice has sat in there for months, rinsed it in hot water, soaked in vodka, soaked in warm water with denture cleaners.... all of them still dont leak (atleast not from the seals). Occasionally a few drops would wind up on the battery post, but thats due to the design and overfilling.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm glad you're getting a new tank.

And quite upset you are getting bad information. Weaken seals with water? Sorry, but no way. Tens of thousands of these tanks (and the kanger T2) are in use and get soaked/washed all the time. And no vendor, be it Halo or others have ever said anything of the sort.

Without seeing the tank, it just sounds like the leak was an error in production, and not anything any of us would do to the tank.

Weelt, you rinse and soak your tanks. You had said it was almost brand new. If water affected your tank in a few days, how do they explain the thousands of tanks out there that get washed, soaked, rinsed and continue to perform?

(methinks the customer service training is still needed...)

:)

doctordun

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
TX
I agree. Warm water should not have any effect on the tank and that's what I use weekly. I'm a newbie on Triton, but this one tank is in it's 7th week, being cleaned and dryed once a week, before changing out the coil assembly that I also clean with water and dry. If water can damage these tanks, we all should consider a different solution for our vaping needs. In another thread I was asking about how tough the Triton tanks are, and received positive answers all around. It seems Halo takes the stance, that if you do anything other than dripping juice in them, they won't stand behind them. I believe we need some clarification. Halo did tell me that Vodka is detrimental to the tanks seals but that doesn't make sense either, since our juices, pg and vg are alcohol based, just like Vodka.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Well, until they include a flier that comes with the tanks, or a note on their website, or an airplane with a trailing banner that flies over every city, or a giant pink inflatable gorilla with a sign on it's chest, or a stripper-gram, that tells us that rinsing is bad, i shall continue to do so!

the stripper-gram is a gud idea upon reflection....

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Well, until they include a flier that comes with the tanks, or a note on their website, or an airplane with a trailing banner that flies over every city, or a giant pink inflatable gorilla with a sign on it's chest, or a stripper-gram, that tells us that rinsing is bad, i shall continue to do so!

the stripper-gram is a gud idea upon reflection....

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I suppose warnings about cleaning might be to head off the extreme cases, where boiling or using power washers might be a bad idea lol. I have used these tanks for a couple years, rinse aggressively with hot tapwater, and the only leaking I have experienced is after hairline cracks occur at the base due to my repetitive dropping of my setups onto floors and concrete.

One good thing about an eventual fail is that the base with the tank removed is a perfect platform for dry burning coils. I suspect they understandably don't recommend that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread