Halo = Greedy with bad customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
The only (kinda) bad experience I've had with Halo and CS was over a new 900 battery that failed to charge and got hot to the touch after only two days. It took a few inquiries and calls, but they made it right. CS was convinced that my charger was bad, even though I continuously pointed out that it worked fine with all of my other batteries. In the end they sent me a new battery and a new charger. I am still using the "bad" charger.

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
I called customer services about my failed tanks. I told them I had 5 bad tanks in a drawer here. As was stated before, she asked how I clean them. I told her I rinse them quickly in cold water. She told me that this was the problem. I should clean them out with a Q-tip. That was it, it was my fault for rinsing them.
Fortunately Halo has a new tank adapter so I now order Kanger T2 tanks.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
YA that sucks and I've gotten a few lemon tanks too. But I don't get the message back not to clean them. Never heard that one before :confused:
I hate to break it to Halo, but I've left a Triton tank dunked in boiling water for 24 hours straight, and it works just fine.

Just sayin' .

Yeah, I break warranties; it's a hobby :evil:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
I called customer services about my failed tanks. I told them I had 5 bad tanks in a drawer here. As was stated before, she asked how I clean them. I told her I rinse them quickly in cold water. She told me that this was the problem. I should clean them out with a Q-tip. That was it, it was my fault for rinsing them.
Fortunately Halo has a new tank adapter so I now order Kanger T2 tanks.

you may consider PMing Randle, that's crazy that a tank cant be rinsed out. I've never seen any direction or instruction regarding -not- cleaning them. Sounds like the CS person might be new or WAY out of the loop on how things work. If a tank cant handle water, then i would think it cant handle e-juice.

Reactions: EleanorR

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
you may consider PMing Randle, that's crazy that a tank cant be rinsed out. I've never seen any direction or instruction regarding -not- cleaning them. Sounds like the CS person might be new or WAY out of the loop on how things work. If a tank cant handle water, then i would think it cant handle e-juice.

As I said on a post a while ago, one of the first tanks (and battery) was submerged in 104 degree hot tub water when I forgot to take it out of my bathing suit pocket. Unlike others, it still works (so did the battery)!

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I like to always see companies I patronize do well but IMO Halo needs to step up more,To Improve.

One thing the net has done is massively tweak Everyone's BS meter. Nobody likes to be BS'd. Tell me you don't know, don't try and BS me and Especially don't BS me as a profit center.

Juices. It blips the BS meter needle (at the very least) to tell someone that other than Halo juice is bad for their Halo equipment. It is far more accurate to state that Halos juices are made to work optimally with Halo equipment. That there's a chance other juices won't burn as cleanly on coils as Halo. 100% Truthiness. No BS meter needle blip.

Truthiness increases profits. Even Possible BS Hurts it. (Sooner or later.)

The no rinsing with water deal.

16 pages of an owners manual and not a word of how to clean a tank? Really?
People like to fiddle with stuff. More people like things clean. People Are Going to clean them with Something.[1] Be productive and customer friendly and tell them With What. Of course, you'd need to properly word the instructions for the ones who might think it's a great idea to Boil the tanks in said water, but that's not that difficult. But don't turn their BS meter into a fan by saying water will break the tank.

And whatever the Official How to Clean answer ends up being needs to be widely distributed to everyone who gives out information.

[1] Fountain pen restorers will Purposely use a stronger adhesive than necessary to stop pesky pen owners from getting inside the pen where they don't need to be and mucking things up.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

sadock

The secret to happiness is slowness
Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
I like to always see companies I patronize do well but IMO Halo needs to step up more,To Improve.

One thing the net has done is massively tweak Everyone's BS meter. Nobody likes to be BS'd. Tell me you don't know, don't try and BS me and Especially don't BS me as a profit center.

Juices. It blips the BS meter needle (at the very least) to tell someone that other than Halo juice is bad for their Halo equipment. It is far more accurate to state that Halos juices are made to work optimally with Halo equipment. That there's a chance other juices won't burn as cleanly on coils as Halo. 100% Truthiness. No BS meter needle blip.

Truthiness increases profits. Even Possible BS Hurts it. (Sooner or later.)

The no rinsing with water deal.

16 pages of an owners manual and not a word of how to clean a tank? Really?
People like to fiddle with stuff. More people like things clean. People Are Going to clean them with Something.[1] Be productive and customer friendly and tell them With What. Of course, you'd need to properly word the instructions for the ones who might think it's a great idea to Boil the tanks in said water, but that's not that difficult. But don't turn their BS meter into a fan by saying water will break the tank.

And whatever the Official How to Clean answer ends up being needs to be widely distributed to everyone who gives out information.

[1] Fountain pen restorers will Purposely use a stronger adhesive than necessary to stop pesky pen owners from getting inside the pen where they don't need to be and mucking things up.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Wow. You said the vast majority of what I was going to post. Thank you.

I too cannot believe 1) that Halo does not provide some sort of cleaning instructions and 2) that non-Halo e-liquids are "bad" for their equipment. They went so far as to tell me it may crack my tank.

Speaking directly to the customer service part of this thread, Halo's customer service has always been top notch. I have received (2) faulty tanks, both of which were replaced after I answered their inquiries, and sent in photos in one case. They even gave me Halo points to compensate me for lost e-liquid in that case. They've also been great about crediting me for "lemon" coils. That's happened 3 times, I think. I've ordered a total of 12 tanks & approximately 40 coils, so that's not *too* bad from a QC POV, as long as they're willing to replace (or refund me for) the defective merchandise.

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I will admit to my PCS (Premature Curmudgeonal Syndrome) making me cranky and hypersensitive.

It's hard Not To Be when your Job IS Customer Service. You become hypersensitive to crappy CS.

It's also a matter of perspective. There are other companies that make Halo look perfect (and Halo really only has a couple easily correctible foibles). Crappy CS stands out more, and is harder to forgive for me, for companies that appear to care And Should Know Better.

Halo's too decent of a company to Need to play the BS game.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread