Halo, I'm so disappointed...maybe you all can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

listerr

Mar 6, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello everyone. I've been a Halo customer for 3 years. I've been using the Triton system and have amassed 4 batteries. No problems until last week when I plugged one battery into Triton usb adapter and Halo wall charger and after 2 hours or so, the battery craps out after 3 intakes, flashing as if it is dead. So, I take another battery and do the same. After 2 hours or so, 3 intakes, battery flashes like it's dead. I repeated the process with my other two batteries. And I also used different outlets throughout the house. I noticed that the red light on the adapter is pure red; no flickering ever. And it stays that way, even overnight. I even tried different tanks and coils. No change. And there's no change when I plug the usb adapter into my computer.

I have a G6 as backup with it's own usb adapter and the same Halo wall charger, so I charged that up and worked like a charm. To me, that meant that the Triton usb adapter may be the culprit. I ordered another and received it today. I took my newest battery and tested it. It looked like it was going to work, but then the red light on the adapter REALLY flickered and went black. Now it doesn't show any light. The blue battery light will flash 3 times per usual upon plug-in and go dark. But without the red usb indicator light functioning, I don't know if it's even working. I honestly feel that my initial Triton usb somehow shorted all my batteries. Is this possible?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
It could have. This is something I haven't heard happening.

Try 5 click shutting off your triton, then connect it to the charger. And you might try unplugging then plugging the charger and bat into the usb port a few times. I hope you never tried the G6 charger for a triton, or viceversa. That will screw things all up.

And make sure the post, moat and threads are very clean and dry. I hope you didn't run your batts down below a point that they can be recharged. Are these 650mAh batts? Just wondering...

Good luck.

listerr

Mar 6, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
It could have. This is something I haven't heard happening.

Try 5 click shutting off your triton, then connect it to the charger. And you might try unplugging then plugging the charger and bat into the usb port a few times. I hope you never tried the G6 charger for a triton, or viceversa. That will screw things all up.

And make sure the post, moat and threads are very clean and dry. I hope you didn't run your batts down below a point that they can be recharged. Are these 650mAh batts? Just wondering...

Good luck.

Hey, Dave. Thanks for the reply. I have a VV, 2 900s, and 1 650. All are non-responsive. And no, I've never used the G6 usb for the Triton; I know that's not recommended. In fact, my G6 system has been kept separate in storage for like 2 years. I clean the moats and threads consistently and even made sure the center post was where it should be. My go-to batts are the 900s so I use them more frequently. What's weird is they did this all at the same time and when I connect them to charge, they get just enough charge to last 3 intakes, then dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread