Halo Tribeca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbpukco

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hello Guys! I've read great reviews of the Halo Tribeca and have gotten myself one and didn't feel it at all (it has a chemical-ish and spiced taste to it) and it burns the throat on exhale (could be the nicotine). Attached is the product I've gotten, could someone verify if it's an authentic Halo product? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Can anyone suggest how many ohms on the coil should I go with this e juice at 6 mg?

halo.jpg

Last edited:

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
Did you order it from Halo? If so, then I don't think the authenticity is in question as they are the manufacturer. If you bought it from a third party then I suppose it's a possibility. The label and packaging certainly appear legit.

It's been a while since I bought any Halo liquid (I DIY these days) but it looks authentic to me. As far as the taste, Halo liquids in general are very strongly flavored. They were formulated in the days when most people used an ego with a clearomizer and strong flavor was needed. Last time I bought Tribeca I had to cut it with unflavored base by 25-50% or it was way too strong in my devices. It could also be that it's a fresh batch and could use a few weeks of steeping to mellow out. Judging from the "best by" date it's pretty fresh.

Gbpukco

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2017
Did you order it from Halo? If so, then I don't think the authenticity is in question as they are the manufacturer. If you bought it from a third party then I suppose it's a possibility. The label and packaging certainly appear legit.
Thanks for the reply my friend. The rise of my concern was due to I did not see a QR code on the bottle's label on most of the pictures I see on the internet. Also you think it could be the fact that I'm sub-ohm vaping?

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I didn't notice any QR codes on the Halo website. You could ask them directly. I'm sure they would want to know if someone was counterfeiting their products.

It could very well be an issue with sub-ohm. I do MTL myself, but if I was sub-ohming then I don't think Halo Tribeca would be my first choice, certainly not at full strength. Even MTL, I would need to dilute Tribeca somewhat in order to enjoy it. Can you get some unflavored 6mg to dilute it with? If so, I would start with maybe 2/3 Tribeca and 1/3 unflavored and adjust to taste. And from what I've seen 6mg is pretty high nic for sub-ohm. Many people drop to 3mg for that, although some sub-ohm with much higher nic so it's mainly a matter of personal preference.

It could also be that you simply don't like Halo Tribeca. I was a little put off by the taste at first (I was expecting a straight up RY4 flavor but it's not exactly that) but it grew on me as I used up the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread