Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Hi everyone,
I just ordered the Tritan starter kit for hubby who still smokes and an extra batt and tank for me who occasionally smokes. I have used to smoke a pack a day but after my kids, as much as I love to smoke cut down to occasionally when we go out or special occasions. I think this would be a perfect option since I quit I hate smelling it on my husband. Well I chose the halo tritan bc I read that most who start on the cig a likes end up upgrading so I figured that Id start there instead. The only problem is that hubby said at work he would rather not stand out while smoking the triton so I read up that you can modify the cone for a minitank which I think looks very nice. We can do the modifications on his as the kit comes with the cone but I thought I may like one for when I go out, which size should I order? I like the idea of the tanks so I don't really want the cartimizers. Thanks for any input. Sorry if I spelled things or pronounced them wrong still very new to this.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Welcome to ECF Lindsay! :thumb: You made an excellent choice for your 1st setup. I had the same concerns as your husband. I stood outside with my cigalikes trying fit in. Little did I know, people were vaping in the office unseen with Tritons and spinners! :glare:

Your Triton starter kit includes the "large" cone intended for use with the Halo G6 XL 1.5ml cartos. The optional "standard" cone (for the Halo G6 standard 1ml cartos) will leave the top half of the minitank exposed, so just stick with the large cone that will be inside your Triton case. Some Triton users report that this setup works as is. Some, including myself, have found that the diameter of the small end of the cone is slightly too small. If you have the means, you can enlarge the hole. It needs to be large enough not only for the minitank to pass through, but large enough to allow airflow between the tank and cone. When you assemble what you receive, you'll see what I mean.

Good luck with your endeavor and be sure to check out the Halo Forum on this site. You'll be able to post there once you get 5 posts under your belt. :vapor:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I use the mini 400mAh triton with a mini tank and cone, for out and about. I "sanded" down the narrow end of the cone. Since it gets wider as you take a little off, it slips over the mini tank easily. I used a metal sanding strip, and some say they have used a dremel tool. I only took off about 1/16" or so...it doesn't take much. Took me 15 minutes or so.

For a carrying case, I use the key chain case from Smokeless Image...easily holds a couple of 650 or 400 batteries, and a couple of mini tanks or a 3mil bottle. Very pocket friendly.

Also, the mini tank is just a Kanger T4 which are much cheaper at litecigusa.com or Smokeless Image.

edit: My cone came from Smokeless Image and is 35mm long. It covers most of the mini. I can't seem to figure out the sizes of the cones on the Halo site.

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Tell your husband to be a man when he is on smoke break with his buddies. Tell him to look them in the eye and say "You're paying $X.XX a pack. I'm paying $0.XX a day to vape. I'm healthier, and by doing this I'm annoying the government, Big Tobacco, Big Pharmacy, and people who want to mess with me as a smoker. Now, any of you guys want to try a puff off this?"

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Hi everyone,
I just ordered the Tritan starter kit for hubby who still smokes and an extra batt and tank for me who occasionally smokes. I have used to smoke a pack a day but after my kids, as much as I love to smoke cut down to occasionally when we go out or special occasions. I think this would be a perfect option since I quit I hate smelling it on my husband. Well I chose the halo tritan bc I read that most who start on the cig a likes end up upgrading so I figured that Id start there instead. The only problem is that hubby said at work he would rather not stand out while smoking the triton so I read up that you can modify the cone for a minitank which I think looks very nice. We can do the modifications on his as the kit comes with the cone but I thought I may like one for when I go out, which size should I order? I like the idea of the tanks so I don't really want the cartimizers. Thanks for any input. Sorry if I spelled things or pronounced them wrong still very new to this.

Hey Linsay! Welcome to the forum! You can ask all your questions here and find answers!

This is a great question! Now I received the Triton Starter Kit a week ago. The cone that comes with the kit will fit over a mini tank(how do I know?)- because I bought several with my Starter Kit. Now mind you, the end the mini tank sticks out of will be a tight squeeze, just put a little pressure, twist it back and fourth a bit it will fit. :) Some people I have read will actually take some sort of metal file and that seems to help. I actually twisted it back and fourth and even threw the blow dryer on the cone for a minute to help expand the metal a bit, works like a charm.

Also, according to the Halo representative I spoke with, the cone in the kit came with a large cone, some people are saying it's a small cone, so I'm not to sure which it is- but it will work! You will love your new Halo Triton!

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread