Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I'm looking into getting a Hammer Of God (HIG) box mod clone. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? I'm looking for a big mod to put a 40mm(+/-) rda/RTA on it and I know this one is big enough to fit up to a 42mm without overhang. Just wanting to get opinions on it where you like it or hate it and why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I'm looking into getting a Hammer Of God (HIG) box mod clone. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? I'm looking for a big mod to put a 40mm(+/-) RDA/RTA on it and I know this one is big enough to fit up to a 42mm without overhang. Just wanting to get opinions on it where you like it or hate it and why.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

Yeah I saw that yesterday when I was searching for reviews. That thing is a monster! I went ahead and placed the order this morning. I'm going to get either the Mason 40mm RDA, the Mason 40mm dumptank or the 41mm Modfather Voltrove.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
There's a couple threads on forums and a couple YouTube videos I found of the clones having a sticky button and auto firing... If I were you I would get the authentic, not worth having something that pushes 8.4 volts and can do around 50 amps, depending on build, that has a faulty fire button.

That is one terrifying build. One of the leads to one of the coils is glowing red hot even when saturated in liquid.

Reactions: Opinionated

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
There's a couple threads on forums and a couple YouTube videos I found of the clones having a sticky button and auto firing... If I were you I would get the authentic, not worth having something that pushes 8.4 volts and can do around 50 amps, depending on build, that has a faulty fire button.

That is one terrifying build. One of the leads to one of the coils is glowing red hot even when saturated in liquid.

The button wouldn't be a problem. I build my own unregulated boxes and I could take the button out and fir one of my buttons in there if need be. I've heard a couple people having bad luck with the buttons which is an easy fix. I have never spent the money on any mod over $70. I can see spending $200+ on a mod. The wife would def put a damper in that and I wouldn't hear the end of it if I was to buy that and she find out.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I got one of those mods from fasttech. It was a piece of garbage. I had to do alot of work on it when I first got it to make it work right. It's just designed badly. Goid luck with yours.

I have seen some people having trouble with them like the button but like I mentioned in the comment on MaxximusRevolution's reply, I make my own mods and if it's just a button issue that's an easy fix to just put one of my buttons in there.

What are the issues you had making you say it's garbage?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
The one I got the button wasn't an electrical connection. It was just a push pin that moved another connection. Hard to describe but like I said just a really bad design. I've thought about using the parts I can and just rebuilding it. The box itself is nice though.

I bet I could find a button that would work. I did see a video on someone taking the box apart and it didn't look too difficult to tear it down to just a box. I will hope for the best and expect the worst and see when it get here so if it is a piece of junk I would be disappointed and if nothing is wrong with it I'm extra happy! I really couldn't be mad if it is junk for $30. I mean it is a clone ya know.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I ordered the 30mm Mason Dumptank yesterday. I'm gonna put a crazy big build in it and see how it does. I'm either gonna get the 40mm Mason RDA or the 40mm Dumptank depending on how the 30mm tank works. I'm not a big fan of tanks but we will see. I'm more of an RDA guy but i got the IJoy combo and put a nice staggered fused clapton build in there and the flavor is just amazing so that turned me back to tanks and I realize with it being a genesis style RDTA it will have more flavor than other tanks but I've heard good things about the Dumptank so I figured I'd give it a try. One thing I like about the 40mm Mason RDA is the crazy build deck and the amount of wire you can put in the thing. I have the coil master build kit and the biggest post I have is 4mm. I'm a woodworker so I have tons of drill bits so I may have to find a big drill bit and do a BIG build in it and see what happens.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The picture is upside down. That spring is connected to the positive side obviously. You can see how close it is to the bottom of the 510. When I forst got the mod it was hitting the 510.

20170422_105650.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wheelin247

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
The picture is upside down. That spring is connected to the positive side obviously. You can see how close it is to the bottom of the 510. When I forst got the mod it was hitting the 510.

View attachment 650989

Sorry but that looks bad

Reactions: Eskie

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
HOLLY CANOLI
That's a monster!

The HOG V3 I ordered showed up yesterday. I like it so far. Wish it had a volt meter on it. I thought I may be able to install one in somewhere but there isn't anywhere to put one. They have the top of this thing packed. There are no wires in this thing. It's completely mechanical, not just an unregulated box. Mine has some battery rattle (which I hate) so now I'm trying to find a HOG V2 to get but it seems everyone is out of stock. I've heard the V2 is better than the V1 and the V3. No wonder it's sold out everywhere.

I also ordered the Voltrove RTA yesterday. That thing is massive. 41mm diameter and 20ml juice capacity. I thought bout the 40mm dumptank but after I got the 30ml dumptank I can't figure out a way to wick it to keep it from leaking it's a decent RTA when it's not leaking but if I fill it over 1/2 way full she seems to like to let the juice come out the airflow. Very aggravating when I have re-wicked it probably 6-8 times in the last 2 days trying to figure this thing out. I haven't heard of anyone having the issues with the Voltrove. Next I would like to get the 40mm Mason RDA. With a quad build like the above video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread