Handling high nic solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger412

Jul 30, 2015
I mix down 250mls of 8mg base at a time. Then use this unless I am making a big batch of custard.

I also don't have carpet which makes it easier. Keep a roll of paper towels handy for cleanups. And I use VG nic because I mix max vg mostly, added benefit is it is not so easily absorbed into the skin.

Just don't drink it or use it for lube
Hahahahaha lube hahahaha

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I wore gloves the first time I broke down my 100mg nic - but now I don't. I have a cookie sheet that I do it all on and paper toweling close by also sink is close by so I do not worry. My Child is full grown and gone so no worries there. <<<my experience ;) I think everyone needs to do it the way they feel comfortable - hopefully on this point we can all agree?? :thumbs:

(And yeah I caught that do not use as a lube statement.:lol:)

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Dixie, you hit it right on the head, you started out using the recommended precautions and adjusted to your comfort level with experience. That was the point I was trying to make the other day.

Yes, we can ALL agree on that.

Oh, and my apologies if I upset anyone yesterday, it was not my intention. Every one here is a valuable member and resource, after re-reading my posts, they could have come off a little condescending.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
No one is making that mistake here. 100 MG/ML

There you go, make it seem like, hey, just take a bath in the stuff, you'll be fine.

Stop making light of this before someone gets hurt, sued, or hurts someone else through carelessness.
Please stop frighten people too much. Shaking hands are not good when dealing with nic.
Precautions should be meaningful, not frightening.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Hahahahaha lube hahahaha
Have you read the ingredients on a bottle of lube? I saw one a while back -- it's literally one ingredient away from ejuice. PG, VG, nat./art. flavors, and instead of nicotine it had whatever chemical they use to make it feel warm to the touch. I remember looking at it and thinking "I could almost vape this." :D

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
If you take care about what you're doing and are focused and in complete concentration, then that is all that's needed for dealing with 100mg nic, and small spills can be wiped off and rinsed immediately. If you are an extremely careless person, then yes, in that case you need gloves and eye-wear etc.

I never use gloves or anything, but am always fully concentrated and focused on the task and have paper towels to clean up with, at hand...

Gloves, eye-wear and respiratory-gear are mandatory when dealing with 1000mg/ml nic, but obligatory with 100mg imho.

Reactions: Dixie1954

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If you take care about what you're doing and are focused and in complete concentration, then that is all that's needed for dealing with 100mg nic, and small spills can be wiped off and rinsed immediately. If you are an extremely careless person, then yes, in that case you need gloves and eye-wear etc.

I never use gloves or anything, but am always fully concentrated and focused on the task and have paper towels to clean up with, at hand...

Gloves, eye-wear and respiratory-gear are mandatory when dealing with 1000mg/ml nic, but obligatory with 100mg imho.

Mandatory and obligatory are synonyms -- they mean approximately the same thing.

Andria

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Now, I understand that some people are more sensitive to it than others, but for "science" (quote-unquote), I just put a drop of 100mg nic on the back of my hand and left it there for fifteen minutes (I've done it before, but it was with something weaker, 24mg I think. Since I didn't have any issues with that, I felt confident pulling out the "big guns," as it were. In the name of science, of course.) I did not experience any itching, burning, or redness at the site, and when I licked it off afterwards it just felt kind of spicy on my tongue, like hot sauce but without any real flavor. And since there seems no better place to post these pics, here's what I was doing in the meantime:

Before the bubble-wrap:

Wrapped & bagged, and ready for the freezer:

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Well this has been helpful for me so..
I am brand new to trying DIY. I do have critters within the same area, though across the room. So the window being open for me is a good suggestion. And will have the dogs go outside to play while I transfer my nic base. I also thought 100 mg nic meant it was 100%, until my friend @roxynoodle corrected me

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
so I recently started mixing my own juice, and I bought 36mg/ml nic mostly bc it's easy to do the math to get it down to 3mg/ml in my mixes. But using 100mg/ml is more economical, right? Any extra safety precautions you might take when working with it? Perhaps by way of an amusing or startling anecdote?

Welcome to DIY. :)

In your case, since you are new to the craft, I strongly suggest that you:

- Wear gloves
- Wear goggles to protect your eyes
- Wear a mask
- Wear a long sleeve lab coat of some kind
- No kids or pets allowed in your mixing area
- Organize your containers and other equipment before you start
- Due the "math" before you start via software like Ejuice Me Up
- Anticipate a "spill" with running water nearby, paper towels, and I also use cookie pan sheets for my counter which contains a spill
- Try and eliminate "interruptions"
- Clean your mixing area thoroughly after you finish
- Clearly label your bottles with all the relevant data
- Take your time

Good luck!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
One thing I started doing when mixing, is get the flavors I am going to be using on my mixing table from the shelf they sit on normally, then each time I put a flavor in the bottle I put the lid on and put it up on the shelf in its spot. Then I get the next flavor and do the same thing on down the line. That way I don't get mixed up and forget if I did that flavor already. Hope this makes sense. LOL CHEERS!

Reactions: Rickb119

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Welcome to DIY. :)

In your case, since you are new to the craft, I strongly suggest that you:

- Wear gloves
- Wear goggles to protect your eyes
- Wear a mask
- Wear a long sleeve lab coat of some kind
- No kids or pets allowed in your mixing area
- Organize your containers and other equipment before you start
- Due the "math" before you start via software like Ejuice Me Up
- Anticipate a "spill" with running water nearby, paper towels, and I also use cookie pan sheets for my counter which contains a spill
- Try and eliminate "interruptions"
- Clean your mixing area thoroughly after you finish
- Clearly label your bottles with all the relevant data
- Take your time

Good luck!

Good advice for those just starting with DIY! And even for those of us who've been doing it for a while, though we may not go to those extremes of protective gear, the advice about interruptions still applies -- it's very easy to lose track of where you are in a recipe if there are interruptions.

I've come up with a way to help avoid that situation -- with my ADV, I keep the recipe and mixing in the exact same order, everytime I mix, line them up in their proper order, and as I finish with one ingredient, I move its bottle out of the way, so that only those ingredients not yet mixed are still in the line. It helps a lot to eliminate doubling or skipping of ingredients.

Andria

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
A) Funny, but my nic in the freezer has the same skull and crossbones, bubblewrap and plastic bag as the photo above. Just so no one gets any ideas about opening my nic out of curiousity.

B) Be a little careful if you're removing a glass bottle from the freezer. If there's air inside, it can expand while warming up, and build pressure. A bottle COULD explode...and from what I hear, it's NO FUN getting 100 mg. Nic-in-the-eye. Just loosen the cap while thawing I would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread