Happy Memorial Day. Here's my little American salute to those who have thrown down for the U.S. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Memorial Day was established for those that died for their country. Veteran's Day is for all those that served.

The Veteran's of Foreign Wars (VFW) is a club for combat vets.

There are 19, IICR, American Overseas Cemetaries for American war deceased.

I hope all get the opportunity to visit one in their life time. Phillipines, Tunisia, Italy, Panama, United Kingdom, Belgium, Holland, Netherlands, France, and Germany.

There are many Veteran's cemetaries in the States and one National cemetary (Arlington).

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Now is the time to remember our fallen Hero's and Brothers that have served our country so well. And Saluting them the best way we can, Right on Supe!

A day doesn't go by my daughter-in-law, grandkids, my wife and I don't think of my son.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Memorial Day was established for those that died for their country. Veteran's Day is for all those that served.

The Veteran's of Foreign Wars (VFW) is a club for combat vets.

There are 19, IICR, American Overseas Cemetaries for American war deceased.

I hope all get the opportunity to visit one in their life time. Phillipines, Tunisia, Italy, Panama, United Kingdom, Belgium, Holland, Netherlands, France, and Germany.

There are many Veteran's cemetaries in the States and one National cemetary (Arlington).

There are more National Cemetaries. Here is one that I volunteer at:

Stones River National Cemetery - Stones River National Battlefield (U.S. National Park Service)

Started after the Civil War battle that occured there, with many interments since inception.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I would like to echo the microcoiling, coil fishing gurus sentiment by saying absolutely America F-yeah!!

And commend Rob on shipping Woodvil's on said day, I almost missed it due to buying car parts but my first is on its way. And what better way to celebrate Memorial Day than with a piece of American awesome to vape on!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Ahhh. Thank-you Penguiness. I was looking at the American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) website. I have a feeling that different agencies see things their own way.

I have done a lot of traveling with the Army and, I guess, i am more familiar with the overseas cemetaries and monuments. All-in-all, I hope all are well maintained and respected, they deserve it. The ones that I have visited are also a good learning situation. Great stories, great background information and good peaceful solitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread