North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk

Oh if a man tried
To take his time on Earth
And prove before he died
What one man's life could be worth
I wonder what would happen
to this world

I was amazed that it took just 12 days for me to ditch the filthy habit I had for over forty years in favour of this amazing innovation in technology. It is so like smoking that the transition was seamless for me.

Smoking Harm Reduction is my passion, well it saved my life! Many smokers have tried to quit smoking but found it difficult or impossible for a number of reasons. Electronic cigarettes offer a realistic alternative to smoking tobacco, one which allows the user to enjoy the pleasures of smoking (yes, we smokers do enjoy it!) whilst reducing the harm to themselves.

We all know that tobacco cigarettes burn and give off carbon monoxide and tar, along with 4000+ chemicals, a frightening number of which are known to cause cancer and other smoking-related illnesses and diseases. Now we have the tools to reduce the harm we do to ourselves, only time will tell how much but indications are that ecigarettes have the potential to save millions of lives that would otherwise be lost to smoking-related diseases.

Employers can be a part of the harm reduction process and benefit themselves.

How much time is lost when smokers go outside for their fix? What is the cost in missed calls or lost production? If a smoker takes 10 minutes, three times a day, to go outside, have a smoke, then return to their job, you will lose 120 hours per year, the equivalent of 3 weeks!
THREE WEEKS LOST FOR CIG BREAKS!!!

The electronic cigarette is legal to use where the UK Smoking Ban is in place, such as in the workplace and it has grown tremendously in popularity with the main reason being given as concern for health. It also helps to avoid resentment from other non-smoking employees who have to cover when smokers leave their work for a fix, or who take 'fresh-air' breaks to compensate.

Electronic cigarettes are being increasingly accepted as a much less harmful alternative to tobacco cigarettes whilst giving the satisfaction and realistic sensations that smokers crave.
Smokers can easily take a few drags on their electronic cigarette without interrupting workflow and without having to leave the building. Smoking drivers do not have to keep parking up and leaving their vehicle for a cigarette.

If employees deal face to face with clients, customers, colleagues, or the general public, there is nothing worse than the lingering stench of cigarettes on clothes and breath. Even as an 'ex-smoker' I have refused to be served in shops by someone who reeks of cigarettes. Electronic cigarettes alleviate this problem as they do not create nasty smelling breath or clothes. This promotes a cleaner, more positive image for businesses. A note for smokers; mints do not work!

Harm Reduction has been adopted as a realistic alternative to what have been orthodox Cessation therapies, many of which have very limited long-term success. Ecigs are being accepted, slowly but surely, as an integral component in this new approach. When I look back three and a half years I realise just how much progress has been made in raising the profile and credibility of ecigs. Now we need to maintain the momentum.

Best wishes.

John

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Harm reduction is a fair term to describe ecigs. We have heard so much press designed to tear down vaping from an uninformed viewpoint. Most of the "tests" have been biased and tilted toward the negative. Those seem to make it to the press in numbers.

We hear so much negative talk in print about ecigs, I thought I'd post this unbiased and somewhat positive ecig article I ran across. It seems to present a level headed view of vaping and how it is catching on and spreading through the masses who consider vaping a much safer and effective way to finally transition from cigarettes.

Are E Cigarettes Just Another Fad?

Last edited:

Escapedfromdeath

Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Kent
This is exactly what I've been saying John. Been thinking of starting a business with bricks and mortar shop. Having commercial sales experience I would also approach business owners to educate them of the facts and encourage them to support their staff in switching to vaping. It's already a section of my draft business plan!
Will also be looking to sell EU sourced juice ;)

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Well said. I have turned on many of my friends who are long time smokers, but just as many have refused or fallen off the wagon. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

The hard part about any addiction is that most people need to hit bottom before they will ever feel the need to climb back up. The unfortunate part of smoking is that this generally means, "after it's too late".

Well anyway, keep up the good fight.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
This is exactly what I've been saying John. Been thinking of starting a business with bricks and mortar shop. Having commercial sales experience I would also approach business owners to educate them of the facts and encourage them to support their staff in switching to vaping. It's already a section of my draft business plan!
Will also be looking to sell EU sourced juice ;)

If you plan on e-cigs as a business, keep in mind that it's possibly the fastest evolving business around. That can be a killer if you get stuck with last weeks product. By the time you receive a product from China it might already by out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread