• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Harsh US juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inwe

Apr 24, 2016
Correct me if i am wrong but the harshness of US juices is due to the saturated nic content. I personally feel that 3mg is a sweet spot for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But from what I see, most people are able to vape it normally after opening it just like juices from our neighbours. I've heard vaping it at a higher wattage will help though

jokjuar

May 30, 2013
Valjevo, Srbija
Are you sure that you not getting dry hit? 99% VG is very thick and some atties cannot handle it very well. So what kind of atty and setup are you using?
I've tried Milkman on Uwell and Subtank and haven't had any problems, even with 6mg juice. You can try to add few drops of distilled water or vodka to make your juice a bit thinner.

Sent From Plastique

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
I've noticed that US juices do have more of a throat hit compared to neighbors juice. Reviews say that one hit wonder supposed to be smooth and low to no TH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is because US juice nicotine level are more accurate. Their 6mg is really 6mg of good quality nicotine as compared to boleh juice which might contain low or zero nic even though it's stated 6mg.

Basic vaping 101, nicotine adds to the throat hit as nicotine by itself have a peppery taste to it.

Guys who cannot 'tahan' heavy throat hit. Leave your bottle alone in a dark cool place for 1 or 2 days. This is call steeping. It might or might not work. Or you can let your juice 'breath' by leaving your bottle open in a cool dark place for 12hr. Give it a go!

Thanks @WarA on the correction between letting bottle breathe and steeping. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: karedi

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
This is because US juice nicotine level are more accurate. Their 6mg is really 6mg of good quality nicotine as compared to boleh juice which might contain low or zero nic even though it's stated 6mg.

Basic vaping 101, nicotine adds to the throat hit as nicotine by itself have a peppery taste to it.

Guys who cannot 'tahan' heavy throat hit. Leave your bottle open in a dark cool place for 1 or 2 days. This is call steeping. It might or might not work. Give it a go!

sorry , just a quick qn, so u men if i have a bottle of say 12mg nic juice, if i steep it as u suggest the TH will be less?

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
@Karstine, that is misinformation regarding steeping. Leaving bottle open is called breathing which is mainly used to remove alcohol from flavourings that uses alcohol as carrier. Leaving your bottle open will not only expose nicotine to oxidation thereby causing harsher throat hit, it also releases aroma leaving the juice less flavour than before(unless of course there's ethanol in the juice less than 4hours should suffice for those situations).

Assuming you shook the bottle well, typically there's not much you can do other than using a setup (i.e. single coil with lesser surface area) that vaporises less juice and or higher temperature to sooth the TH.

Last edited:

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
@Karstine, that is misinformation regarding steeping. Leaving bottle open is called breathing which is mainly used to remove alcohol from flavourings that uses alcohol as carrier. Leaving your bottle open will not only expose nicotine to oxidation thereby causing harsher throat hit, it also releases aroma leaving the juice less flavour than before(unless of course there's ethanol in the juice less than 4hours should suffice for those situations).

Assuming you shook the bottle well, typically there's not much you can do other than using a setup (i.e. single coil with lesser surface area) that vaporises less juice and or higher temperature to sooth the TH.

Might be a myth, might be not. Too many contradicting report on steeping. For my case, steeping or letting the juice 'breath' makes my juice more mellow and easier for me to vape. I'll read up more on the steeping part if I have the time! Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

sorry , just a quick qn, so u men if i have a bottle of say 12mg nic juice, if i steep it as u suggest the TH will be less?

12mg will still be 12mg. Sorry bud, you probably need to get juices with lower nic content. The only thing you can probably do is diluting it with vg I guess?

Reactions: trippy_K82

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
Might be a myth, might be not. Too many contradicting report on steeping. For my case, steeping or letting the juice 'breath' makes my juice more mellow and easier for me to vape. I'll read up more on the steeping part if I have the time! Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

12mg will still be 12mg. Sorry bud, you probably need to get juices with lower nic content. The only thing you can probably do is diluting it with vg I guess?

Thanks @Karstine . time to go look for vg.. if not very wasted leh. just cos i .... eyes did not check the nic content before buying. goondu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread